Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryanbatcund

Mirrored Textures

Hi Carenado. Would it be possible to not use mirrored textures for the Skywagon? (Or any release down the line) It would make repainting a lot easier for end users. And your aircraft are fun to paint.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Carenado. Would it be possible to not use mirrored textures for the Skywagon? (Or any release down the line) It would make repainting a lot easier for end users. And your aircraft are fun to paint.
+100And please also make sure the textures are lined up properly. The ones on the Saratoga were not lined up and made repainting difficult.

Yes....I agree....And please no restrictions on where or how big the registration numbers can be on the fuse sides.....Jeff

Yes....I agree....And please no restrictions on where or how big the registration numbers can be on the fuse sides.....Jeff
Looking at the pics posted by Carenado, it appears like the reg. numbers can be of a proper size.Looking at the tail, a small skywagon logo is visible on the right side. I will guess that this logo also is applied on the left side.That make a chance for two tail textures (let's hope.... :( ).....And (finally) it will be possible to apply the ID under the wing again (without having it mirrored) :(

Looking at the pics posted by Carenado, it appears like the reg. numbers can be of a proper size.Looking at the tail, a small skywagon logo is visible on the right side. I will guess that this logo also is applied on the left side.That make a chance for two tail textures (let's hope.... :( ).....And (finally) it will be possible to apply the ID under the wing again (without having it mirrored) :(
If you check the pictures with the yellow livery, you can see that the skywagon logo is mirrored on one side (third picture) so it probably means mirrored textures again!

Hi guys, thanks for all this feedback, which is not new. In the last time we have been hearing this kind of comments and have been adding this features to our products.In the C185 ALL the issued mentioned above are solved: not mirrored textures, textured lined up and registration number areas are not limited.Summarizing, you will be able to make any modification you want to the textures.Hope this clarifies and tranquilizes all the people.Fernando HerreraCarenado

Hi guys, thanks for all this feedback, which is not new. In the last time we have been hearing this kind of comments and have been adding this features to our products.In the C185 ALL the issued mentioned above are solved: not mirrored textures, textured lined up and registration number areas are not limited.Summarizing, you will be able to make any modification you want to the textures.Hope this clarifies and tranquilizes all the people.Fernando HerreraCarenado
This is great news.....Off to "Airliners.net".....HEHEHEHEHE.....I'm really looking forward to this one!"Hope this clarifies and tranquilizes all the people." It's hard not to be excited about this new release...It will take a pretty strong pill to settle me down!Thanks guys....Jeff

Great news Fernando - good work! :( Now we can focus on the small details, making the liveries as real as possible..... :(

Hello there!I regret that my first post here is kind of a complaint but I always loved Carenado products until I tried my hand at repainting my own favorite 152 of my club that I realised that I can not apply the registration number at the correct size and I have to shrink it to fit. I also can not apply lettering on the nose and the fin fillet as they would be mirrored. This was a big dissapointment.I see that the Skywagon now has full textures and not mirrored ones. Is there any chance that Carenado may remap the previous models like the 152 and 172 to use full textures for both sides? I could then make all the planes of my club correctly and I'm sure others would also produce better repaints from the thousands of Cessnas out there. In any case, as I said, besides repainting, I love your products. Thanks again for the great work you do.