Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

corkyo4

Using the mouse to move pilots view without holding down spacebar

Hi there,Yet another question.I havent really looked to see if it possible to do this. But we know that it is possible to move the position of the pilots 'eyes' using the mouse and holding down the space bar.However is it possible to set the mouse to do this without holding down a button. Im thinking it would kind of simulate the trackIR software albeit it in a simplistic way.I can then use the keyboard to do most of the work and use the mouse to look around the cabin freely.One other thing i have the PMDG MD11 and only 2 throttle controls on my saitek AV8R stick. Is it possible to set throttle lever one to the engines mounted on the wing and throttle 2 to the tail mounted engine??ThanksTom

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Shift+O (not zero) is the default key binding for "Mouse view (toggle)" (or something like that).Edit: and for the other question, I don't think it's possible using plain FSX, but you might be able to do that using registered FSUIPC, I believe it gives you a lot more control over your controls. I haven't registered FSUIPC myself, so I can't say for sure that it's possible though. You could also write a SimConnect program specifically for that, if you are a programmer ;)

I have the mouse look toggle set up on a button on my yoke. works great.FSUIPC does allow mapping multiple throttle axis to a single lever input.scott s..

I did the Xmouse thing to map the thumb button on the mouse to space bar. There's a thread around here about doing that.Works nice.