Hi, Am finding this slow going to make everything work properly. There is a bell that goes off just after opening the cfg panel. What is it and what am I supposed to do? Also in the green line at top of screen it seems as voice program is picking up sounds even when I,m not doing anythng. Says up,down,landing,on. I have tried isolate the cause and am suspecting my old Pro Flight yoke as it does things sometimes all on its own. Its great for changing views by itself. I don,t use the buttons on it except for view amd trim. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks dickdavis229

Hi, Am finding this slow going to make everything work properly. There is a bell that goes off just after opening the cfg panel. What is it and what am I supposed to do? Also in the green line at top of screen it seems as voice program is picking up sounds even when I,m not doing anythng. Says up,down,landing,on. I have tried isolate the cause and am suspecting my old Pro Flight yoke as it does things sometimes all on its own. Its great for changing views by itself. I don,t use the buttons on it except for view amd trim. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks dickdavis229
Hi Dick,That bell is a sound I added. It's the sound heard when a Jetway is in motion. FSX has jetways, so I added the sound effect. You can not have it play by selecting Gate Departure to no.As for picking up sounds: I suggest using a headset, and try keeping your mic away from your computer speakers.Thing to remember is that in order to help prevent uncommanded events getting triggered from the speech recognition system detecting things you didn't say, I tied a lot of the commands to conditions. So for example gear up will only work when FS2Crew is in certain modes. This really helps.Best,

My unofficial resolution is to simply hide the green bar by clicking the DSP button on the main panel. :(Since those recognised words are not triggering anything, there is no requirement to have the green bar visible. I'd say practically everyone has those at least every now and then.banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png

My unofficial resolution is to simply hide the green bar by clicking the DSP button on the main panel. :(Since those recognised words are not triggering anything, there is no requirement to have the green bar visible. I'd say practically everyone has those at least every now and then.banner_fs2crew_team_kk.png
Thank you both for the info.Have also now installed it for FS9 on second harddrive.

Guest norm99

I have a relatively inexpensive headset/microphone made by Logitech, it has a built in mute and volume switch right in the headset wiring. Once I'm done talking to co-pilot, I hit mute and wa-la. It is necessary to set up in Control Panel and make sure default settings apply to external mic. Turn off any built in mics as they were picking up external sounds. (Like a Laptop condenser mic). Once this was done, no worries...Norman

I have a relatively inexpensive headset/microphone made by Logitech, it has a built in mute and volume switch right in the headset wiring. Once I'm done talking to co-pilot, I hit mute and wa-la. It is necessary to set up in Control Panel and make sure default settings apply to external mic. Turn off any built in mics as they were picking up external sounds. (Like a Laptop condenser mic). Once this was done, no worries...Norman
Norm, thanks for sharing that.Most headsets have a mute switch which you can use - never thought of that until you mentioned it!Also, as mentioned in another thread, I'll be adding a new mute function (although it's not really a true mute but the effect is the same) in SP1 for the 737sBest,