Sign in to follow this  
Guest TonyPiech

MegaSceneryEarth - Florida

Guest TonyPiech

I received an email a week ago from PCAviator promoting MegaSceneryEarth. I initially purchased some sections of Florida; Tiles 01 thru about 009 about a year ago when the product first came-out. I've got to say that I was highly underwhelmed, the photo realistic scenery around my residential location (The Villages, FL) was of extremely poor quality. At that time I couldn't believe that a reputable company like them is actually selling this product. Maybe other areas of the US have a higher and better resolution, but the state of Florida absolutely stinks. I sent the above comment to MegaSceneryEarth a week ago, also asking them if they have improved their scenery tiles for Florida, I have received no reply. So I'm wondering if anyone has used/viewed their scenery for Florida recently, has it improved? Or it it of low quality, like it was a year ago. I'm sorry if this sounds like a slam against MegaSceneryEarth, I'm just trying to determine if it's worth a second look. /s/ Tony Piech

i have to say i am not a big fan of megascenery earth. to me the colors looked washed out, i dont like the flatness of the images when seen from lower viewing angles, overall nothing that really makes me say "wow look at that.' the one thing i do have to give them is the price. if they just had slightly better visuals then what they produce now but for the same size area, i would pay the same price or a bit more for the cost they charge for each area.slightly off topic but my parents live in the Villages as well, step dad is a Village watch supervisor. i still have 15 years to go before i can get there.kyle

Tony, I bought the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale tiles when it first came out and they are horrible. The colors are bad and the Ft. Lauderdale has clouds all over the ground. The only thing they are good for is night flying because the night textures are slightly ok, but not great.There is another site here, http://www.flightsimdesigns.com , that is doing some Florida stuff. I bought the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale stuff, but have to say that while it is better than the MegaSceneryEarth stuff, it still isn't up to the standards of what I desire. However, I have been in discussions with the guy who run that site and he is working to improve that product. It really surprises me that as pretty as South Florida is no one has come out with a really good photoscenery package. Hopefully one day that will change. I would love to see ORBX do that area and put in a nice KMIA to go along with it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

...It really surprises me that as pretty as South Florida is no one has come out with a really good photoscenery package. Hopefully one day that will change. I would love to see ORBX do that area and put in a nice KMIA to go along with it.
I would love to see that as well. Include the keys and it's an instant winner.

Alexander Alonso

Guest TonyPiech
Tony, I bought the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale tiles when it first came out and they are horrible. The colors are bad and the Ft. Lauderdale has clouds all over the ground. The only thing they are good for is night flying because the night textures are slightly ok, but not great.There is another site here, http://www.flightsimdesigns.com , that is doing some Florida stuff. I bought the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale stuff, but have to say that while it is better than the MegaSceneryEarth stuff, it still isn't up to the standards of what I desire. However, I have been in discussions with the guy who run that site and he is working to improve that product. It really surprises me that as pretty as South Florida is no one has come out with a really good photoscenery package. Hopefully one day that will change. I would love to see ORBX do that area and put in a nice KMIA to go along with it.
Well, guess Megascenery Earth continues to be a waste. I agree with you about ORBX-FTX, I got their free demo of Tasmania and was hooked. Subsequently bought FTX-Australia SP3, it's a little pricy @ $149 but WOW, it's just outstanding. They're coming-out with NA Northwest (from North of Vancouver to Sothern Oregon) which looks like a winner based on their YouTube preview. Maybe they'd consider doing the entire USA from the NorthWest (which is a given), then going to the Southeast (Florida); we then can finally get a strong scenery product on Florida. /s/ Tony