Sign in to follow this  
Guest kmullin211984

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 System Requirements

Guest kmullin211984

Hey Guys, I am getting MS Flight Simulator 2004 in a few days and wanted to know if my laptop was good enough to run the game at its best settings i.e. having the best graphics, no slowdown, no poor frame rates. It's really important to me that I have a good experience with this game. I also played it safe and bought a joystick. I'm gonna go ahead and list the system requirements first and then the specs that are on my computer. Also, anyone know how the graphics will look? Again I want to have everything set at max so I have the most realistic experience possible. I'm running it on a Dell Laptop D610. Here are the MS Flight Simulator 2004 Minimum Requirements: Pentium III or Athlon equivalent CPU 1 GHz CPU Speed 128 MB RAM Windows 2000/XP Operating System 32 MB 3D Video Card (Graphics Card) 32 MB Video/Graphics Card Ram Direct X Version 9.0c 2.2 GB Free Disc Space 4x speed or faster CD-Rom drive Here are the specs on my laptop: Intel® Pentium® M processor 1.73GHz CPU 1.73 GHz Performance Rated at: 2.595 GHz CPU Speed 1015.4 MB RAM Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build Service Pack 32600) Intel® 915GM"GMS,910GML Express Chipset (Video/Graphics Card) 128.0 MB (Video/Graphics Card RAM) Direct X Version 9.0c 68.9 GB Free Disc Space _NEC DVD+-RW ND-6650A DVD ROM Drive Again, I want the graphics to look gorgeous and not have any slow frame rates. I've seen some gorgeous videos of flights on YouTube and that's how I want mine to look. Thanks so much for your help! Kyle

HelloThe Graphics out of the box with FS9 are not what anyone would call gorgeous.The you tube Videos that you have seen will be using a lot of addonsUltimate terrain, GE ProII, ActiveSky , higher res mesh and high end payware aircraft and airports.Add all those and you have a nice looking sim, but that is where your hardware may prove a bit slow.You can only try it and see how it goes, but don't build your hopes up.

Hi,No, that laptop will not run FS04, maxed out, to make it look like those YouTube videos.

I agree with mad dog and Jim, Unfortunetly that system will not run it maxed out(anywhere near it for that matter especially if you want it to look good hence having to add add-ons). I am no expert when it comes to computers however You dont reallly have that much ram, and a video chipset isnt that great to run fs9.I have just purchased a new laptop but on my old latpot i was running a 2.0 dual core processor with 1 gig of ram and a chipset similar to yours, Didnt run fs9 very well, It ran it but not anywhere near its potential ( and that unfortunatly ruined my enjoyment with the sim.). Not trying to bring you down just telling you my experience.I would also like to say to anyone who is about to upgrade systems, dont skimp out on hardware to run fs9, The sim really transforms when you can run it maxed with any add-on, really makes the sim so much more enjoyable, Thats just my opinion.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

You'll need a 1-3 year old modern desktop system (at least) to run fs9 the way it run in some of the better videos out there with frame rates above 40. If you have some cash, and really want to get serious about fs9, you can build yourself a desktop system for around 600-700$ that'll be more realistic.Also keep in mind the payware add-ons really add up.