Sign in to follow this  
Big777jet

Russian's best site AVsim.ru down or suspend?

What's happening to Russian's site? www.avsim.ruSomebody must forgot to pay the bill or something is going on with suspend violation or something?I hope AVsim.ru is coming back soon. Please can you find out what's going on with this.Thanks,Stuart

What's happening to Russian's site? www.avsim.ruSomebody must forgot to pay the bill or something is going on with suspend violation or something?I hope AVsim.ru is coming back soon. Please can you find out what's going on with this.Thanks,Stuart
Why would you come to AVSIM.COM to find out about the status of a site that stole our name? Yeah... AVSIM.RU is a rip off of our site and we have no affiliations with them - None - Nada -Zip. Thieves... Nothing but thieves. Frequent that site, and you are condoning thievery. It is as simple as that.

Why would you come to AVSIM.COM to find out about the status of a site that stole our name? Yeah... AVSIM.RU is a rip off of our site and we have no affiliations with them - None - Nada -Zip. Thieves... Nothing but thieves. Frequent that site, and you are condoning thievery. It is as simple as that.
I don't understand what you are telling me? I am not thief from avsim.ru or your site. I am asking if you know about this? I thought that avsim American for avsim.net and for Russian Avsim.ru. Are they the same AVsim company? I don't understand why are you telling I'm thief? I'm very confusing. I am hard of hearing and I don't hear everything what's going on?Stuart

I don't understand what you are telling me? I am not thief from avsim.ru or your site. I am asking if you know about this? I thought that avsim American for avsim.net and for Russian Avsim.ru. Are they the same AVsim company? I don't understand why are you telling I'm thief? I'm very confusing. I am hard of hearing and I don't hear everything what's going on?Stuart
I am NOT saying YOU are a thief. I am saying that AVSIM.RU is a theft of our AVSIM name. AVSIM.COM has been in existence since 1997 and AVSIM.RU was registered in January of 2003. They ARE not affiliated with AVSIM.COM, ORG, or NET and the fact that people think that they are affiliated is exactly what they would like you to believe.

I am NOT saying YOU are a thief. I am saying that AVSIM.RU is a theft of our AVSIM name. AVSIM.COM has been in existence since 1997 and AVSIM.RU was registered in January of 2003. They ARE not affiliated with AVSIM.COM, ORG, or NET and the fact that people think that they are affiliated is exactly what they would like you to believe.
OK, Tom. I am very sorry about that. I don't know why Russian would do that to your own website name. Now, I clear understood that. Have a good day.Stuart

To get back to the original question - for me there is no problem. I can access avsim.ru as normal.If I may be so bold to say: avsim.ru has a file library with a lot lo quality stuff. I have always been surprised (in a good way) by the sheer amount of quality stuff produced by Russians. And it's all freeware, too! While there are hardly any payware things coming from the east, they sure make a lot of great freeware stuff.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

To get back to the original question - for me there is no problem. I can access avsim.ru as normal.If I may be so bold to say: avsim.ru has a file library with a lot lo quality stuff. I have always been surprised (in a good way) by the sheer amount of quality stuff produced by Russians. And it's all freeware, too! While there are hardly any payware things coming from the east, they sure make a lot of great freeware stuff.
Tom,Could you please lock the thread? No comments more please.Stuart

A search of the United States Patent and rademark Office suggests that the "AvSim" trademark has been in commercial use since 1 September 1995 and is owned by a company based in Manchester in the England!

A search of the United States Patent and rademark Office suggests that the "AvSim" trademark has been in commercial use since 1 September 1995 and is owned by a company based in Manchester in the England!
A search of any English grammar book shows that the definite article 'the' does not come before singular country names. An exception obviously being when using a country's full title eg Poland, the Republic of Poland.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

A search of any English grammar book shows that the definite article 'the' does not come before singular country names. An exception obviously being when using a country's full title eg Poland, the Republic of Poland.
Thank you for helpfully pointing that out. I had originally written "the United Kingdom" but changed it to reflect the description used by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and forgot to remove "the" Don't be too smug though - you missed my misspelling of Trademark! I'm sutre you never make any typos!

I'm sutre you never make any typos!
Would that be as in Kama? Or is it sutra? :( But I'm afraid you're wrong. I make errors all the time.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

LOCK THE THREAD.Thank you.
I'm sure some of our regulars can explain to you why demanding a thread be locked, in all caps, is not very effective. We lock threads to prevent an unwelcoming environment, when repeated warnings are not adhered to, and other times when letting a thread continue in its current state is not conducive to civility.

Big777jet: there is no reason to lock the thread... it's not like you have "ownership" over it and if people want they have every right to post something, as long as it's, like rightseater said, not offensive or plain spam.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case