Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

byork

Altimeter setting

Is there a way of independently computing the local "altimeter setting" (ie., 30.12) using what standard variables are available in FS?I want to be able to display what the local altimeter setting would as the aircraft passes through different areas in flight (without hitting the 'b' key)Any ideas?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No... I don't think so.Ambient pressure is available, but it is indeed ambient. The closest you'd get is using FSUIPC to read weather at a specific airport.

This may be an idea -- this particular code worked the same as hitting the "b" key... In FS02, IIRC, otherwise it just sets to 20.92/3013.EDIT 2-13-10 --- The first code is the same as hitting the "B" key. Code lines 2 & 3 will give you the the local altimeter/pressure.Tested.

(A:SEA LEVEL PRESSURE, millibar scaler 16) (>K:KOHLSMAN_SET)(A:SEA LEVEL PRESSURE, millibar)(A:SEA LEVEL PRESSURE, inHg)X

Roman

This may be an idea -- this particular code worked the same as hitting the "b" key... In FS02, IIRC, otherwise it just sets to 20.92/3013.EDIT 2-13-10 --- The first code is the same as hitting the "B" key. Code lines 2 & 3 will give you the the local altimeter/pressure.Tested.
(A:SEA LEVEL PRESSURE, millibar scaler 16) (>K:KOHLSMAN_SET)(A:SEA LEVEL PRESSURE, millibar)(A:SEA LEVEL PRESSURE, inHg)X

Roman

Hi Roman,Thanks, I'll try that.Best,