Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjjallen

How long does it take for FSX to load?

My new system loads FSX in around 30secs. Is that a good time? It feels good compared to my last setup. Most of the required addons and a pretty fast SSD. My main plane is the PMDG Bae 4100 loading in that time also. I guess that it is a pretty complicated bird. Buy it if you don't already have it.jja

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's an excellent time. As you get more add-ons, it slows down and can sometimes take several minutes to load, depending on the scenery and planes you have installed.

The first start she takes around a minute, but all subsequent starts are 26 seconds. Gamebooster, TrackIR.

The first start she takes around a minute, but all subsequent starts are 26 seconds. Gamebooster, TrackIR.
Yea I forgot that it does take longer the first time. jja

Wow, my heavily loaded FSX install plus addons takes about 5-10 minutes to get started.... if I start from a fresh boot and am also loading my vatsim programs.... firefox for charts/weather, squawkbox, vatspy etc

Around 3 minutes on my sistem:CPU: AMD X2 5600+ 2.8Ghz, VGA: Gforce 8600GT 512MB, 3GB DDR2, HDD 320GB SATA2 16Mb cache.FSX installation date is April 17, 2008 and during this time, he had many addons.@ryanbatcund #####, 5-10 minutes on your sistem, with a Raptor HDD :(

Around 3 minutes on my sistem:CPU: AMD X2 5600+ 2.8Ghz, VGA: Gforce 8600GT 512MB, 3GB DDR2, HDD 320GB SATA2 16Mb cache.FSX installation date is April 17, 2008 and during this time, he had many addons.@ryanbatcund #####, 5-10 minutes on your sistem, with a Raptor HDD :(
Just think how much faster an SSD can find and load all those textures.jja

I don't know . . . . FSX isn't worth the wait LOL!
I once thought that. Then I set myself up as per my sig. Now I realise I was mistaken.For me the load takes about 25 seconds too long. :(

Couldn't resist a bit of light hearted provocation. That FS9 v FSX debate hasn't yet gone away, despite what some predicted a few months after FSX was released.