Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoratioWondersocks

Adding AVSIM to favourites in I.Explorer problem

HelloI have been giving Internet Explorer a retrial after various problems with Firefox .(Spell checkers not working,can't copy paste )I have tried to add AVSIM to my favourites in I.Explorer(latest version)but when I test the link I either get AVSIM page with just the headers at the top,but the rest of the page blank.(no news ,no latest downloads etc )or the other way round (news,downloads etc no headers).Any ideas pleasecheers Andy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Andy I use IE7 (not IE8) but what I am about to suggest should work in either version.With IE up and running, go to Tools, then Internet Options and in the Home Page box, add the following:http://avsim.net/That should allow the Main Page of Avsim to open automatically as a Tab when you start IE the next time.I have no idea if that will "solve" the display problem but it does work well for me. I also have a direct link to the forums set in my Home Page box also - so it puts the forums on a Tab automatically for me.

Thanks DavidNow that works.The whole page loads as it should.It seemed a little slow but that may just be traffic or a temporary a site problem.As usual you've come up with the goods.cheers Andy :(

What I do is far, far simpler...For the flightsim websites I look at on a daily basis, I simply load the website page on which I wish to start, then click on Favorites/Add to Favorites Bar.This places a small "tab" on my toolbar with an icon and website's name. One click on the tab and voila, I'm there! :( Those websites I only occasionally visit are added to my Favorites Tree, organized by folder Categories, such as:FS WebsitesFS NavigationAircraft DesignScenery Designet cetera...