Sign in to follow this  
Guest daverobo

Validation

Guest daverobo

I'm having great difficulty in validating the 747-8. The problem could stem from the 400X being an Aerosoft boxed item which I don't believe requires validation from PMDG, whilst the 747-8 is direct from PMDG.I've mailed PMDG twice, once from my "usual" email address and once from a Gmail account as of yet there's no reply or acknowledgement from either.I previously used Ariane products but gave them up because of all the issues with activation and poor customer support. I must confess to having a strong sense of "deja vue" right now!If someone can help me out here it would be most appreciated.Dave Robinson

Hi Dave,Sorry to see your having this issue. My actually first copy I think was also the Aerosoft boxed I honestly can't remember but it is a CD and was bought on the internet. I do however have validation key and it works fine with the -8. It's been a while but did you create an account with PMDG when you bought the -8? I think you can register your Aerosoft purchase on your same account, but honestly can't remember. I just know mine works fine but I bought it too long ago to remember what I did.How long ago did you email them? I'm not sure where you're from but we just had a holiday yesterday so they may not be in full force and may still be playing catch up on their emails. If it was after Thursday of last week though I would give them another day.Otherwise, posting here will help as well. Best of luck.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Guest daverobo
Hi Dave,Sorry to see your having this issue. My actually first copy I think was also the Aerosoft boxed I honestly can't remember but it is a CD and was bought on the internet. I do however have validation key and it works fine with the -8. It's been a while but did you create an account with PMDG when you bought the -8? I think you can register your Aerosoft purchase on your same account, but honestly can't remember. I just know mine works fine but I bought it too long ago to remember what I did.How long ago did you email them? I'm not sure where you're from but we just had a holiday Yesterday so they may not be in full force and may still be playing catch up on their emails. If it was after Thursday of last week though I would give them another day.Otherwise, posting here will help as well. Best of luck.
Hi Dan,Unfortunately, when I bought the -8 I bought "as guest". I've tried today to register with PMDG but the site says that my email address is already registered and asks for the order number. When I input the order number it then tells me that there's no record of this. I only bought yesterday so perhaps the holiday is part of the problem. I'll sit and wait for a couple of days and see what happens.Thanks for your help,Dave Robinson

You should be getting an automatic reply from the gmail message.Log on to your account with your email address, and look at your order history.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest daverobo
You should be getting an automatic reply from the gmail message.Log on to your account with your email address, and look at your order history.
Hello Dan,I,ve received nothing from either of my emails, no auto reply, no returned undelivered... nothing. As to logging on to my account, that is another matter. I have tried several times with the same result. As I bought "as guest" then I have tried to log in to Order Review by inputting my email address and Order ID. A message is then flashed on the screen that there is a problem with either the email address or the order ID.I have also tried to create a new account and have been informed that my email address already exists on the database and am prompted to use the password reminder tool. After entering my email address again on the first page of the "reminder tool" I'm informed that there is no record of my address on the database.I'm beginning to think that I'm in an episode of the Twilight Zone (although my credit card obviously isn't!!).I'll try emailing supprt again and hopefully something will come back.Cheers,Dave Robinson

Guest daverobo

Hello again.I've sent another two emails, one from gmail and one from web.de and I still receive nothing in return. Is there any other way for me to contact PMDG? TIADave Robinson

Email is the only direct route. You can hope that one of the moderaters notes your situation.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm having great difficulty in validating the 747-8. The problem could stem from the 400X being an Aerosoft boxed item which I don't believe requires validation from PMDG, whilst the 747-8 is direct from PMDG.I've mailed PMDG twice, once from my "usual" email address and once from a Gmail account as of yet there's no reply or acknowledgement from either.I previously used Ariane products but gave them up because of all the issues with activation and poor customer support. I must confess to having a strong sense of "deja vue" right now!If someone can help me out here it would be most appreciated.Dave Robinson
Hi Dave,Re Aerosoft-purchased 747-400X product and 747-8, I can confirm it does work. The only problem I had was similar to yours in that I tried to purchase the -8 via the "guest" option but then I couldn't complete the validation. I ended up having to create a PMDG account because I remember (yes I know it was only 2 weeks ago!) that you need to use your account password to validate. Once this was done, I was able to validate over the Internet. So I think, once you get your account situation sorted out, you'll be up and running.Regards,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Guest daverobo

Hi Mark,I've just tried what you suggested but to no avail. The damned thing just keeps on displaying a message tha I should contact "Customer Support"! That is a joke in itself, as it appears that my only chance of contacting the afore mentioned is if by chance one of the moderators notices my plight in this forum. As it stands right now, PMDG have taken my money and I have received nothing in return. I was hoping that by getting away from Ariane that activation issues would be a thing of the past. A plus for Ariane of course is that while they didn't always act on an email, their spam filters were not so tight that no emails could get through. I've never had so much trouble sending a mail to someone.Anyway, sorry for the rant and thanks for your suggestion.Dave Robinson.

Dave,Can you PM me your order ID and the email address you used to buy the -8?Just so you know, the problem with the spam filtering stuff isn't with us filtering out your emails, it's with ISPs filtering out ours as spam before they even reach you. We're just about to bring online a new web-based support system that will eliminate all of these problems, sorry you're having difficulty.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest daverobo

Thanks Ryan,No problems at all now, works a treat and is a stunning addition.Thanks again to you and to everyone who tried to help.Dave Robinson.