Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Approach VRef not selected

Can anyone explain why on most flights the FMC comes up with this message after I have landed and am taxiing to the gate? I always have selected the VRef on the FMC during approach, and the FMC shows it correctly at that time. I assume my being told that the VRef isn't selected whilst I am taxiing is a glitch?? If so, any way to stop it occurring?Thanks,martin

You should see an end of flight message. Check your legs page, is there more to the route than there should be?Please sign full names in this forum.

Dan Downs KCRP

Still getting this message - the FMC pings (annoyingly) for attention every 10 seconds. "Approach VREF Not Selected" message. But I selected it on descent, and I don't get the 'VREF not selected' warning until after I land. The legs page is blank by then..Any ideas?Thanks,Martin

Hi Martin,Are you by any chance using a joystick or yoke to fly with?A long while ago,I had similar happenings and found that my flight instruments needed tweaking and paying particular attention to the relative position of them when landing.My problems disappeared after that.It was a long time ago!Norman BowmanPS Full names are required for this forum - see forum rules.

Edited by norman s

Hi,Thanks for the reply. Yes, I use a Saitek X52 joystick. I get this even on full 'autoland' (two APs, with flare) - not sure how I can set the instruments any differently. Can you recall any specifics about 'relative position'? Odd that this would bring up this particular warning.Or maybe there's a way to stop the warning 'ping' when you shut it off once?Martin Stebbing

hi Martin,Just looked back at some old notes and all I can find is a self warning to retard the joystick/yoke throttles after engaging autothrust.Not bringing the throttle levers back to the idle position before the actual landing caused the FMC to ping and display a message.I did not fully record all of the events in those days.(Five years ago)

I always go to idle just before touchdown, so I don't think that's the cause.. but thanks for the idea!Martin

Hi - still get this every time I land. If I select the VREF (even though I am on the ground) the FMC deletes it after a few seconds and pings the warning again. Maybe I just have to continue ignoring it?Martin