Sign in to follow this  
Carenado

Service Pack 1 for C185F Skywagon FSX RELEASED

Fede80,Yes, I agree with you, the .cfg seems to be the same as the original release. Take off at about 75mph with two light pilots, and that can't be right. Glenn Davy's patch 3 was much better, my view. Sure the panel looks better, and that is good, but the flight characteristics do not seem to have changed. Perhaps I am a fool, but I don't think so.Mind how you go, Fritz

Guest BeaverDriver
Good Im glad some one else has issues with the FM also, I thought it might just be me. Glenn can you give us some help here please??
Uhh boy. I don't know what they did for this SP1 to be honest. The last patch I did (#3) was still not great, but not being a designer and only being able to work with the aircraft.cfg file and not the air file, it was a bit of a hack job at best. The issue is for me, lack of knowledge and lack of time to take this on again, as from what folks are saying, I'd be starting over. And, in truth, this is Carenado's aircraft and not mine, so the rights, copyrights and responsibility to get it right belong to them. There is only so much I can do anyway, because of that. That might sound like a cop-out, and I hope it doesn't, because this airplane deserves to have the best FDE going. They got the 206 down really good, so I don't understand why they can't see what's wrong with this machine. It's not like it's close here. The 185 and 206 fly very similarly to each other. They could practically copy the end result from the 206, adjust the 185 for a tailwheel and they'd have a super airplane. That doesn't seem to be happening, and maybe there's a reason that I don't understand that is preventing them from doing that. As I say, I'm not a designer.I'm really not sure what to say. Maybe just hang in there a bit and see what happens. There may be a definitive fix on the way, we'll see. It's also possible they will adjust things for the seaplane model, which can then be ported over to the wheeled and skiplane version. I guess I'm a little worried they are putting all their energy into the F33 and this one is an after-thought. I sure hope not, because this could be one of the best selling airplanes they ever make since FSX is a bush pilot's dream of a sim. However, they could end up hanging themselves for future sales of all machines if they don't get this thing flying right, and soon. That would be a shame. Carenado is better than this.Glenn

So I'm just sticking with the fix 3 cfg and air files. The new models work fine with the old files, so that's good. The first thing which hit me was the take off performance, very very poor, but also flaps drag is too weak, and the engine doesn't "sound" right, too low RPM, it seems an underpowered 185. We had your point Glenn, we thank you for your efforts and the "old" FD files, I'll stick with those for now, but I'd like to hear from Carenado what's wrong. I guess everyone of us would. You're right, Carenado is better than this, so I'm sure they will explain.CheersFede

"The issue is for me, lack of knowledge and lack of time to take this on again" np Glenn thanks for all you have done allready"I'm a little worried they are putting all their energy into the F33 and this one is an after-thought. I sure hope not, because this could be one of the best selling airplanes they ever make since FSX is a bush pilot's dream of a sim. However, they could end up hanging themselves for future sales of all machines if they don't get this thing flying right, and soon. That would be a shame. Carenado is better than this." I feel the same way So Fede if I understand you right you got the best of both worlds, by swaping the .air and .cfg files, you have all the fix's from SP1 but still have Glenns Flight Model,, Ill have to give that a shot.

G'day,Anybody else notice that the flaps don't go "click" when you lower/raise them? Well, sometimes they do, but it seems random.Cheers,Fritz
A bit late to the party I know, but was there ever an answer to this? It's getting a bit wearing having to look out the window to see where my flaps are positioned. Having said that, it does add a little tension on approach! Nail%20Biting.gifI have increased the volume of flapscher.wav and increased the Cockpit sounds in FSX but it's made no difference.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

A bit late to the party I know, but was there ever an answer to this? It's getting a bit wearing having to look out the window to see where my flaps are positioned. Having said that, it does add a little tension on approach! Nail%20Biting.gifI have increased the volume of flapscher.wav and increased the Cockpit sounds in FSX but it's made no difference.
The flaps on the 185 are manual....hence no sound other than the click of the handle.