Sign in to follow this  

When doing the "Before Start Checklist", the copilot turns on the Beacon light, and turns off the NAV lights.I loaded the FS2Crew's Panel state before. And all switches are in the correct position.

vpa055.png

When doing the "Before Start Checklist", the copilot turns on the Beacon light, and turns off the NAV lights.I loaded the FS2Crew's Panel state before. And all switches are in the correct position.
Pls double check your PMDG keyboard assignments so they match what is required by FS2Crew.Best,

Bryan,I have checked all the keyboard's assignment. They are set at the default PMDG 744X and set for FS2Crew.The required key for FS2Crew does not need a specific key for NAV Lights.When I load the FS2Crew Panel State, the NAV lights are on by default. I set the fuel load via the PMDG Menu, and all fuel pumps are on (this is normal). Then I power the aircraft with external power, and start the APU before activating FS2Crew.After all preflight events are done, I run the before start procedure, the FO turns the beacon on and the Nav lights OFF.Is there anyone else who has the same problem with PMDG 744X for FSX ?

vpa055.png

Bryan,I have checked all the keyboard's assignment. They are set at the default PMDG 744X and set for FS2Crew.The required key for FS2Crew does not need a specific key for NAV Lights.When I load the FS2Crew Panel State, the NAV lights are on by default. I set the fuel load via the PMDG Menu, and all fuel pumps are on (this is normal). Then I power the aircraft with external power, and start the APU before activating FS2Crew.After all preflight events are done, I run the before start procedure, the FO turns the beacon on and the Nav lights OFF.Is there anyone else who has the same problem with PMDG 744X for FSX ?
What is the Nav light assignment set to in your default FS assignments menu? Try deleting the assignment.Best,

I have checked.default key for All lights is : Ldefault key for Beacon is : OI deleted both of them within FSX Menu.The problem is still here. FO turns beacon on, and turns Nav Light OFF. So I need to manually turn the nav light ON again.

vpa055.png

I have checked.default key for All lights is : Ldefault key for Beacon is : OI deleted both of them within FSX Menu.The problem is still here. FO turns beacon on, and turns Nav Light OFF. So I need to manually turn the nav light ON again.
Anyone else?

I made another test. I loaded the FS2crew's panel state file.I turned off the Navigation Light myself.I started FS2crew with preflight events.When asking for the BS checklist, the FO turns the beacon ON, but does not turn the NAV light on. Very strange !

vpa055.png

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but I wanted to report I'm seeing the same behavior posted by the OP with the first officer turning off the NAV lights on startup, after properly following the pre-departure workflow. This is not a deal breaker at all, and I still love the program, but I'm curious to know why this is happening. I went into my FSX control assignments and deleted all entries referencing lights, and still have the same issue. I understand FS2crew interacts with the overhead switches via a mini pop up panel, and uses mouse position on that panel to emulate keypress commands to the 747, but I have to wonder why it toggles a switch it isn't supposed to see and is not programmed to interact with at all. I also have noticed that upon arrival, shortly after the copilot performs the actions called for in the after landing checklist, the copilot will turn the autothrottle back on. Not sure why this is happening, but like the nav light thing I wanted to know if there is something wrong on my end that is causing this behavior. I'm pretty sure I don't have conflicting keypress assignments in FSX or other addons that are causing interference.

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but I wanted to report I'm seeing the same behavior posted by the OP with the first officer turning off the NAV lights on startup, after properly following the pre-departure workflow. This is not a deal breaker at all, and I still love the program, but I'm curious to know why this is happening. I went into my FSX control assignments and deleted all entries referencing lights, and still have the same issue. I understand FS2crew interacts with the overhead switches via a mini pop up panel, and uses mouse position on that panel to emulate keypress commands to the 747, but I have to wonder why it toggles a switch it isn't supposed to see and is not programmed to interact with at all. I also have noticed that upon arrival, shortly after the copilot performs the actions called for in the after landing checklist, the copilot will turn the autothrottle back on. Not sure why this is happening, but like the nav light thing I wanted to know if there is something wrong on my end that is causing this behavior. I'm pretty sure I don't have conflicting keypress assignments in FSX or other addons that are causing interference.
Hi AJ,Make sure the nav lights are off prior to starting FS2Crew.Remember the FO cannot 'read' the position of the lights. He just blindly toggles them.Cheers,

Hi Bryan,

I'm not exactly having the same issue, but closely related. When I'm in the 2D panel state, when doing the Before start Checklist the FO will put the Beacon on as per normal. But when using the VC panel state. The FO will toogle the NAV light off and the Beacon will remain in the off position. I'm suspecting that in the VC when the mini panel appear, the simulated mouse click toggles the wrong switch. Don't understand really why.

Fred