Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Do PMDG pilots use Nhancer

Blake,Are you sure you have the latest version of nHancer? (2.5.7)
Ryan, I have 2.5.7 and the profile comes up as MS FLIGHT SIMULATOR: Customized Profile - in this color.Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Here's what it should look like:This is the list without clicking a profile - the FSX profile's line is in BLUE.nhancer1.jpgThis is what it looks like once you click the profile - it says Shadow Profile in BLUE in the properties area at the bottom.nhancer2.jpg

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Here's what it should look like:This is the list without clicking a profile - the FSX profile's line is in BLUE.nhancer1.jpgThis is what it looks like once you click the profile - it says Shadow Profile in BLUE in the properties area at the bottom.nhancer2.jpg
Ryan,Obviously I am doing something wrong. I reset all the profiles back to original. When I select FSX as soon as I start changing the profile, the description at the bottom displays customized profile and not shadow profile.Andrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Are you positive you have the setting in Options "Allow Override of Predefined Settings" checked? After that you need to go and uncheck the "Enhance in-game AA setting" box that's highlighted in the 2nd pic. Modifying that setting is what actually turns it into a shadow profile.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Are you positive you have the setting in Options "Allow Override of Predefined Settings" checked? After that you need to go and uncheck the "Enhance in-game AA setting" box that's highlighted in the 2nd pic. Modifying that setting is what actually turns it into a shadow profile.
Okay, the enhance in game AA setting box is already unchecked? The Gamma correction box is checked? This is after a complete removal and reinstall of enhancer. Also I am using 182.50 drivers. I have the allow override of predefined settings checked.Ryan on a side note what driver version do you use and recommend? I have a GTX 280Andrew

Andrew Dixon

Certain AA modes like the famous 8XS that everyone uses in FS aren't available in the Nvidia control panel
Not quite everyone, Ryan. I use 4xAA and 8xAF in FSX, and I am perfectly happy with them. I also don't use nHancer.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Christopher, Have you tried it? The 8XS mode massively decreases the shimmering from the trees and such... it looks far better than using straight multisample 4X. Why wouldn't you use 16X AF? 8X is going to give you some blur in the distance that won't be there with 16.Andrew,The enhance in-game AA box should not be unchecked by default. Try clearing out all the files in Users\All Users\nHancer and then re-run the program - this will clear out any saved profiles that might be interfering.I'm using the latest driver, 197.13.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Christopher,Have you tried it? The 8XS mode massively decreases the shimmering from the trees and such... it looks far better than using straight multisample 4X. Why wouldn't you use 16X AF? 8X is going to give you some blur in the distance that won't be there with 16.Andrew,The enhance in-game AA box should not be unchecked by default. Try clearing out all the files in Users\All Users\nHancer and then re-run the program - this will clear out any saved profiles that might be interfering.I'm using the latest driver, 197.13.
Thanks mate for your advice, I might give the 197.13 drivers a goAndrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon

Quick question... AA is ticked in FSX settings correct?

\Robert Hamlich/

Have you tried it? The 8XS mode massively decreases the shimmering from the trees and such... it looks far better than using straight multisample 4X. Why wouldn't you use 16X AF? 8X is going to give you some blur in the distance that won't be there with 16.
The big question is.....how much of a performance hit can I expect?EDIT: I have just seen your explanation of the 8xS AA mode, and also that modern cards can run 16xAF without any performance hit. Therefore, I will download nHancer, and try these settings to see if they are OK (performance wise) on my PC.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yeah, just give it a try - it's very easy to turn the settings off if you don't like it. That said, I see no hit from running those settings on my 260... the FS engine uses so little GPU that there's a ton of headroom left for doing high levels of AA and stuff - AA is done completely on the GPU, there's no CPU involvement.Robert - no, the AA box in FS should be UNCHECKED while using this method.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Guest waka172rg

I still dont have shadow profile here is a pic of what i have.nhancer.jpgBlake Gilmour

Blake,That's really odd - what card do you have and what driver are you running? Did you try deleting the files from the Users/AllUsers/nHancer folder?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Robert - no, the AA box in FS should be UNCHECKED while using this method.
Thanks for posting and helping out with the settings Ryan - I made a couple of setting changes in nHancer as per your pics and unchecked AA in FSX, filtering to Anisitropic, is that correct?I upped my Texture Resolution to 7cm and boy what a difference, FSX has looked really good and performed well up until now but I can't believe how much better it looks... because of the changes the textures in the distance are not blurry. I am running the FPS limiter and along with that REx set to 4096Mb with that setting reflected in the FSX.cfg.I will try and experiment a little with the TBM setting, right now I am experiencing rather smooth frames with a setting of 70, would going higher say up to 90 make a difference?Blake... have you set your nHancer global to match the profile settings? This may be why you are not getting a blue shadow profile.

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest waka172rg
Blake,That's really odd - what card do you have and what driver are you running? Did you try deleting the files from the Users/AllUsers/nHancer folder?
I'm not too computer literate my cad is Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS I don't no how to get my driver and to check Users/AllUsers/nHancer folder?I have to use 2.4.5 version because of my driver.Robert They are both the same :)RegardsBlake