Sign in to follow this  
michaelth

Diamond DA42 Twinstar

Hi Ron,Another eaglery awaiting fan.I have a DA42 type rating and am doing my multi engine IFR training on the Twinstar.Loving it - a great piece of machinery to fly and very smooth handling!I tried to sign up to the Eaglesoft forums to track the progress of this product but haven't received an email back to activate my account.I'm almost certain I entered the correct email address (fingers crossed), the FAQ's say to contact the board administrator but I can't seem to find out how to do that either...As I say - your screenshots thus far of the DA42 look stunning! And I can't wait to fly it. I own another certain company's DA42 at the moment and it is a "dog"Does the job to help me with my IFR training, but sooooo, sooooo many differences from the real aircraft!As I hold a DA42 type rating, let me know if you would like a beta tester.

Hi Ron,Another eaglery awaiting fan.I have a DA42 type rating and am doing my multi engine IFR training on the Twinstar.Loving it - a great piece of machinery to fly and very smooth handling!I tried to sign up to the Eaglesoft forums to track the progress of this product but haven't received an email back to activate my account.I'm almost certain I entered the correct email address (fingers crossed), the FAQ's say to contact the board administrator but I can't seem to find out how to do that either...As I say - your screenshots thus far of the DA42 look stunning! And I can't wait to fly it. I own another certain company's DA42 at the moment and it is a "dog"Does the job to help me with my IFR training, but sooooo, sooooo many differences from the real aircraft!As I hold a DA42 type rating, let me know if you would like a beta tester.
Email me at support@eaglesoftdg.com and include forum reg information.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

DA42 does not require a type rating. It's a light twin meaning all you need is a multi-engine endorsement.

Jim Atkins

Guest GCTCH

From ctcav8r's name He must be down in New Zealand where you do require a type rating for all a/c. I also have a type rating on the DA42 and from the screenshots can honestly say I cant wait for this to come out. Im more than willing to help with the beta testing as I have quite a few hours in the a/c now.RegardsGCTCH

DA42 does not require a type rating. It's a light twin meaning all you need is a multi-engine endorsement.
Yeah, GCTCH hit the nail on the head there.Sorry Jim, but I think I would know if I had a type rating on an a/c or not :( In NZ we need type ratings for each individual a/c we fly...We're a bit backward - downunder :( Would be good to just have an endorsement as you mention.Ron, I tried emailing you but I haven't heard back...

Looks like the IRIS bird is finished according to their Facebook site. IRIS Flight Simulation Software

Okay, I spent most of today fixing some very minor issues, then found out later that I had it right the first time!!! Way to go for wasting time lol! Good news is that she's done. Just screenshots to take and it'll be off to the vendors! :-). Oh happy days.
I am gonna be picking up the IRIS offering as well as the product from Eaglesoft. You can never have too many quality aircraft (the wife disagrees, she's wrong though).

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest rdg
You are correct but you may want to take a look at the updated Diamond DA42 TwinStar Project shots here: http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/DiamondDA42.htmWe think this one is a "looker" as well. :(
Looks really nice Ron. Someone said it would be out tomorrow or the next day :( There are sure alot of Homebuilts out there that are incredibly beautiful. Ever thought of taking one on?Bob G

Looks really nice Ron. Someone said it would be out tomorrow or the next day :( There are sure alot of Homebuilts out there that are incredibly beautiful. Ever thought of taking one on?Bob G
"Someone" told you a lie... :( Eaglesoft Diamond DA42 Twin Star will be avaiable when you see an announcement on our Website, Support Forums, and here at Avsim. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest rdg
"Someone" told you a lie... :( Eaglesoft Diamond DA42 Twin Star will be avaiable when you see an announcement on our Website, Support Forums, and here at Avsim. :(
I was just kidding :( Bob G

Guest Longyear

Yes, the IRIS DA-42 is looking beautiful and seems close to release. Their DA-40 is a lovely plane with one of the most amazing VCs you'll see in a GA aircraft in FSX. David (from IRIS) is a really nice, helpful, humble guy who treats every customer to make them feel valued and respected. To that end, I'll be buying the IRIS model when it comes out but if the ES version is also nice when it eventually lands, I'd probably snap it up too as ES's flight modelling in their GA aircraft is spot on.Davido.

I was just kidding :( Bob G
We know. :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Bought the IRIS DA42 today... not really impressed at all to be honest...G1000 lacks sooo much. * No Bearing pointer options (PFD softkey not there)* Autopilot differs also as they are push buttons on the MFD* Where the autopilot 'usually' is, there is an ADF/DME control panel* Might just be me, but ADF bearing pointer doesn't seem to 'deselect' itself - i.e can't change it 'back' to NAV1/2 after an NDB has been selected.* Landing - doesn't seem to like low speed. Find it hard to bleed speed off in the flare - just keeps 'hovering' along the runway at low speed. Maybe that is just me lol :( But even with a VRef of 76kts - gets down to about 65-68ish and doesn't like to bleed the rest off... hmmmm :( * Not a big fan of rotary knobs that you have to mouse click - hold and drag. Hard to get settings without a lot of playing dragging left and right.Exterior model is very nice - as is VC. Very easy on FPS.But Eaglesoft model looks far superior from what I have seen from preview screenshots and feature list.Wish I hadn't rushed in with the ol' credit card so soon... Perosnally, would definitely wait for Eaglesoft.It's looking great Ron!!!!

Guest realatp

Ya i bought the IRIS Katana with the G1000...and its pretty much the Default GPS with a differnt face...I HATE THAT! Why can't someone do an acutal G1000!!!!!....like Flight 1 did with the Mustang. WIll eaglesoft do a proper G1000? Like for god sakes you cannot do anything with the Deafult FSX GPS ...no matter how it looks.I see on the EagleSoft side that we can "drop" the mindstar G1000 into the Eaglesoft Twin???? Does this mean into the VC too? That would be sick.

Ya i bought the IRIS Katana with the G1000...and its pretty much the Default GPS with a differnt face...I HATE THAT! Why can't someone do an acutal G1000!!!!!....like Flight 1 did with the Mustang. WIll eaglesoft do a proper G1000? Like for god sakes you cannot do anything with the Deafult FSX GPS ...no matter how it looks.

I see on the EagleSoft side that we can "drop" the mindstar G1000 into the Eaglesoft Twin???? Does this mean into the VC too? That would be sick.
Yes, it means the VC as well.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69