Sign in to follow this  
Lehrbua

PA system

I bought the MD-11 a few month ago.I only flew the freighter, but today i tried to fly the pax model.So, can you tell me, how does the PA interphone work, how is it modeled?Do the buttons "PA in use" and "Video" illuminate during flight?I didn

The video light does illuminate according to your phase of flight, and I dont believe the PA or any of the F/A comm stations are actually functional.

Bill Howard

pmdg_trijet.jpg

As Bill mentioned. These lights are random to just add to the atmosphere.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

The video light does illuminate according to your phase of flight, and I dont believe the PA or any of the F/A comm stations are actually functional.
I also always wondered about the PA system modelling on the MD-11. I was reading a review about the PMDG MD-11 a long time ago where the author wrote about inserting Alternate airport in the FMC CDU and got a pleasent surprise when he simulated a emergency decent and changed the destination to that alternate. Apparently a cabin crew came on and annouced that the captain is diverting to an alternate airport.I don't know if it is actually true or not as I haven't tried it myself, but just thought I'd mention it. I'm not sure if there is any other ear candy in there, but I haven't heard anything so far.Subin Jacob

I also always wondered about the PA system modelling on the MD-11. I was reading a review about the PMDG MD-11 a long time ago where the author wrote about inserting Alternate airport in the FMC CDU and got a pleasent surprise when he simulated a emergency decent and changed the destination to that alternate. Apparently a cabin crew came on and annouced that the captain is diverting to an alternate airport.I don't know if it is actually true or not as I haven't tried it myself, but just thought I'd mention it. I'm not sure if there is any other ear candy in there, but I haven't heard anything so far.Subin Jacob
That doesn't come as default, you would need something like FS2crew

Rob Prest

One thing I have always missed on the PMDG MD11 is the cabin crew ‘bing bong’ – wish it had been modelled like on the PMDG Boeing 737NG (any chance of adding it??)As a flight attendant I know only too well how much the pilots love to press it :)Kimberly

It should be Ett: "Ha ett härligt nyår" or more commonly said: "Ha ett gott nytt år" ;) Just thought i'd mention it.

Just press it and shout at the top of your lungs to someone to get you a drink or something lol.@ Kimberly ...well they do get lonely up there Big%20Grin.gif John Ellison