Sign in to follow this  
tknudsen

Bring back Mircrosoft Flight Simulator

New Facebook support group, join and invite everybody that you know.With your membership we can hopefully show Micrsoft the the world is united to have themre-develop the fantastic game of Flight Simulator. Share your pictures, share your movies. Invite your friends and share your passion..UNITE NOW...n110181742353593_6233.jpghttp://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1101...3593&ref=mf

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

Joined it in a heartbeat.
Excellent Peter, nice to have you on board...--- Thank you Momtchill, thought so my self :)Come on guys, we aim to make this a world wide support group and with tons of members that unite to make Microsoft bring back the Flight Simulator series once again.Let us show that there is in fact a huge marked out there still.Have a nice day guys..

X-Plane Scandinavia

Don't mean to be a wet blanket but this is completey futile. MS either already have plans to develop some form of flight sim or they don't and no amount of public demand will even be noticed by MS, nevermind responded to.Having said that are we even sure we want another flight sim from MS? In my opinion it is perhaps time for someone else to take up the challenge.

Konrad

Don't mean to be a wet blanket but this is completey futile. MS either already have plans to develop some form of flight sim or they don't and no amount of public demand will even be noticed by MS, nevermind responded to.Having said that are we even sure we want another flight sim from MS? In my opinion it is perhaps time for someone else to take up the challenge.
Your opinion is most welcome dear sir, but please try to shift the point of view and ask your self this: Does it hurt to try and what is the harm of trying to make MS re-develop the series.My passion for this game is the same still and personally I would love to see an re-development of this wonderful series, purhaps even a better version as the technology is revealing in the future.RegardsTom Knudsen

X-Plane Scandinavia

I agree. After Microsoft made its decision there were protests and petitions on every flight sim site. These made no difference to Microsoft's apperoach, and nor will a Facebook support group - the idea that it can "make" Microsoft do anything is, frankly, ludicrous.I suggest that Microsoft knew perfectly well what the market for FSNext was before it decided that it wasn't worthwhile continuing its development.

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Yeah, the only way anything ever gets accomplished is to sit around and do nothing. People who take a stand and make their voices heard are just silly./sarcasm

While there's nothing "wrong" about trying to at least get one's opinion and feelings "seen" throughout the Webiverse, I have to ask:Given that the 100.000 Microsoft Flight Simulator Fans Facebook Group was a flop, why another? This group was begun by Francois Dumas two days after ACES's closure announcement, and was promoted heavily on nearly every FS website and blog known to mankind, yet...100.000 Microsoft Flight Simulator Fanshttp://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=59637588200Only 3,236 members after nearly three years... :(OTOH, it costs me nothing but a few seconds to add my name to the list of those who support the Flight Simulator franchise!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yeah, the only way anything ever gets accomplished is to sit around and do nothing. People who take a stand and make their voices heard are just silly./sarcasm
Do you really think yet another Facebook group will accomplish anything?

To put it mildly, MS do not give a s**t what we "hardcore" simmers want or do not want. We are such a small % of the people using the franchise that we are in effect totally and utterly irrelevant.Not only that but we "hardcore" simmers are also very likely not to accept the business model that MS may have in mind for any future flight sim which, if anything, is going to based on what Apple has done with its application store. There is not even the tiniest chance that MS are simply going to provide us all with an "open" platform and again allow addon developers to rake in all that cash whilst MS watch it all go past from the sidelines. They will ONLY consider a business model which allows them to retain (at least part of) the addon revenue stream and that means a tightly controlled MS addon store, most likely integrated into the flight sim itself.Sure, the above is all speculation on my part but let's be realistic here shall we. In my opinion the above mentioned scenario is in fact the real reason why FS11 was scrapped by MS. FS11 would have provided what WE wanted, not what MS wanted, simple as that.

Konrad

No matter what the outcome will be guys, we do this because we love this game. If we do nothing at all we cannot complain either.My dream is of course that MS will re-consider in the future to upholding the very long tradition of making MSFS, thats my reason!So what if we cannot unite everybody, well TOO BAD!!But at least we did give it a try and we had fun doing it. We made new friends all over the world, and still we managed to share our passion with the world, FS Style!!!

X-Plane Scandinavia

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Tom,Sounds like you've got the right idea. You don't need to hear it from me, but screw those guys...If they want to sit around and feel powerless, that's their business.

Tom,Sounds like you've got the right idea. You don't need to hear it from me, but screw those guys...If they want to sit around and feel powerless, that's their business.
Whereas you guys are actually powerful and will "make" Microsoft change its mind?Dream on.

Guest BlueRidgeDx
Whereas you guys are actually powerful and will "make" Microsoft change its mind?Dream on.
There's no discussion to be had here. Your attempt to marginialize and ridicule someone's initiative is petty and unbecoming.