Sign in to follow this  
bojote

bojote's fsx.cfg file

Guest jahman
IYou'll be able to this 'shortly' I'm working on a service called: 'FSX Tweaking & Tuning Tool' It's an online service to 'check' your fsx.cfg and recommend settings based on your hardware. Its progressing nicely. ;)
Oh my! This is interesting! Hope it will include analyzing the PC/Video hardware and also recommend OC settings as well as discover specific hardware bottlenecks (RAM, CPU, Video va Vista/7 built-in hardware analyzer?), then automatically present the user with a NewEgg shopping basket containing the suggested new hardware! :-)Cheers,- jahman.

You'll be able to this 'shortly' I'm working on a service called: 'FSX Tweaking & Tuning Tool' It's an online service to 'check' your fsx.cfg and recommend settings based on your hardware. Its progressing nicely. ;)
That's great to hear! I hope it's gonna be smart enough to consider bottlenecks and that a 1GB GPU doesn't mean you can run 16x AA and ultra settings. (my gpu isn't that great but has 1GB)
UsePools=0 gives you a more 'consistent' experience with no stutters on 'heavy' scenery areas, but it also 'lowers' your overall FPS if you are flying in complex scenery AND if you have the Vsync option in FSX set to on. So, the only way to take that FPS back is to 'balance' things a bit, meaning, use the BufferPools but ONLY for 'small' chunks of vertex data, so it is much more efficient and you make better use of your Video Card capabilities. This is achieved using the RejectThreshold setting. The 'optimal' setting being 'exactly' 96KB ;) any lower and you loose the benefits of the BufferPool, any higher and you make the CPU work harder. This is, of course my 'system' optimal setting. It will vary from hardware to hardware.
Okai..I think i'm CPU bottlenecked. At least before using the rejectthreshold. In big airports, where i have 18fps, turning FSAA/AF on or off doesn't even make 1 fps difference.I don't use vsync. Do you recommend me to use Usepools=0 or 1?Thanks

*******, can you please explain what these commands are for? What are they doing?VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_TEXTURES_SCALE=2.0BATCH_AUTOGEN2=1Thank you very much.Pegasus.

*******, can you please explain what these commands are for? What are they doing?VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_TEXTURES_SCALE=2.0BATCH_AUTOGEN2=1Thank you very much.Pegasus.
VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_TEXTURES_SCALE makes the VC textures a little bit more crisp. Take the Cessna and do comparison shots so you see what I mean.BATCH_AUTOGEN2 its an DX10 only setting. Go here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ptaylor/archive/2007/10/02/acceleration-and-sp2.aspx and scroll down to the string 'autogen 2' by default, it's off. But, again this is DX10 only.
Don't be so shy , just ask !!!! :(
Very much appreciated sir ;) tks

You actually use DX10? It gave me better performance but i had so many compatibility issues..

You actually use DX10? It gave me better performance but i had so many compatibility issues..
No Squishy, I don't use DX10. Performance in DX9 (with tweaks) is much better, out of the box DX10 is better. I simply have DX10 options that I use for testing and comparisons (benchmarking).

Positive results, about 20 fps while taking off, 30 when looking back at KSEA. I was able to only achieve 20 max after takeoff from ksea before, so i think this is pretty good. (note, enbseries bloom in use and fps limiter, works in windowed mode, 15 fps in fullscreen but that might be becouse of my 15" second monitor, even tho it is only showing black while in fullscreen mode.400bojote_cfg_test_ksea.jpg

*******, could you please explain why you do use MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=4 instead of 2 with AffinityMask=14 on a quadcore?As far as I know if AffinityMask=15, Batching_Jobs have to be 3 and with AffinityMask=14 they should be on 2.So this is a bit confusing.

*******, could you please explain why you do use MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS=4 instead of 2 with AffinityMask=14 on a quadcore?As far as I know if AffinityMask=15, Batching_Jobs have to be 3 and with AffinityMask=14 they should be on 2.So this is a bit confusing.
With AffinityMask=14 the proper (optimal) value should be '2', it doesn't mean you can NOT use '4' 4 is simply the max. Besides, the value is not a 'hard' value, it's just a MAX. FSX will use whatever is is available to it.

With AffinityMask=14 the proper (optimal) value should be '2', it doesn't mean you can NOT use '4' 4 is simply the max. Besides, the value is not a 'hard' value, it's just a MAX. FSX will use whatever is is available to it.
Ok, thanks for clarification of fact, *******. :(

There's only one I know of. Its in the library I think. Frame rate limiter v0.2
Hi *******:I have been working on your cfg file for my PC and have run into a problem that I hope you will be so kind to give me a hand. You have stated at the top that a esternal frame rate limiter v0.2 to be used with your 2 core low end cfg. My problem is that I can't locate it in the Avsim Library under this title. Do you have any more info, such as the author or a library number for it. I have tried Google search and have found nothing on it. I know you are very busy with all the questions you have had. So I would like to thank you, as so many others have for all the work you have done for the love of our hobby.I lived for 25 years in the WPB area and now live in Germany for the past 30 years. I started this hobby with FS9 and fly GA (Beechcraft SKA B200 and now the Cessna 510 Mustang).Thanking you in advance for any help you can give me.Thomas Mainboard- ABIT Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI N650 RAID/ Processor-Intel core 2 duo E6700 2.67GHz 4MB-ArcticCooling Alpine7/ 4x 1024MB DDR2-667 Mushkin SP2-5300/ DVD player-Samsung18x+/-RW silber/ Hard drive-400GB Samsung HD400LJSATA11/ Grafic and Sound card 2x 768MB XFX GeForce 8800 GTX/ LC-Power 850 Watt PFC bulk.

Hi Bojote,I've had an intermittent problem with getting a blue spiral and then a CTD. I'm not surewhat causes the spiral but I'm guessing it is the GPU as I don't think it is CPU or cfgrelated. I'm using your 'Normal' tweaker cfg with the external limiter set at 30 and it crashed at 32 FPS.Strange thing is it happened twice at about the same spot over sparse AG Orbx Australian scenery. GPU-Z shows the highest first GPU temperate as 65C and the second as 59.5C. Real Temp shows the maximum temperatures as 68C, 74C, 63C and 64C.Can you suggest a test to confirm what is causing this CTD?I really need your help!Regards, JackSorry about the repeat question but I could not find your response message to reply.Hi Bojote,FSX crashed at about the same place in the Orbx scenery using a plain vanilla cfg.Bad video card?Regards, JackWindows 7 64 bit ULT | i7 920 OC'd 4.2 GHz | ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 | 6GB Corsair DDR3@1600EVGA GTX 480 | Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme | 2x 300GB WD VelociRaptor | WD Ext 500GB HDCorsair Modular 850W PS | Samsung 275T 27" Monitor | Plextor 24x DVD/CD Writer

HiVery new to FSX had it about 2 weeks now, and well hooked on it.I can cope with a few planes but just been playing with Jets on Autopilot so i can get the feel of how it all works.Anyway, this tweaking appeals to me but i am a novice, but not stupid.I have already backed up my FSX.CFG but have not touched the one i will play with yet until i see some responses to this.I have an old machine and it is still working on an old powerful processor, no multi thingy on this but it is under 4Ghz (Old Dell XPS gaming rig back then) or or something, if you need full spec i can do that later tonight. Anyway i also have a Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card plugged into my rig.It runs the games no problem but i do not use FPS software or anything , if it is pleasing to the eye i like it.Anyway, with all these different spec flying around i am not to sure what to change. Some of the code you mention is not even in my cfg files, so do i add them if they are not?Sorry if the answer is on the forum but just sneaked this one in at work lol, but even with some of the code i saw/read yesterday i am not sure if it is compatible with my Processor/Card combinationThanks in advance and there is something about taking a lump of metal off the ground and looking at the beautiful world we have from above.CheersMalbec

Ignore me lolJust noticed that ******* offers a Tweak tool in his signature, silly me.Silly.gifWill do that tonight when i get in then.By the way great site, looking forward to the changes you mention.Happy flying

Hi Bojote, Just curious; have you also investigated tweaks for aircraft cfg files? If so, perhaps another thread...Thanks again!