Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

What a difference a graphics driver set play in it all...

It made no difference for me. Still need BP=0Dang, so much praising the nvidia 400 series is making me want to get one of those. Do you guys think my CPU would bottleneck it?

Guest Hondabuff

Installed the new driver and.....saw the same in performance and some micro stuttering. The AA seemed a little jaggy also. Installed the 197.45 and Nhancer again and all is well. Maybe all the bugs are not out yet. The 197.45 is rock solid with Nhancer.

Installed the new driver and.....saw the same in performance and some micro stuttering. The AA seemed a little jaggy also. Installed the 197.45 and Nhancer again and all is well. Maybe all the bugs are not out yet. The 197.45 is rock solid with Nhancer.
Hondabuff, you might try cleaning out the old, and reinstalling the beta. See if you see the performance a lot of us are getting..and believe me, it is not a yawn/trival boost!Cheers,Mitch

Hondabuff, you might try cleaning out the old, and reinstalling the beta. See if you see the performance a lot of us are getting..and believe me, it is not a yawn/trival boost!Cheers,Mitch
I went back to 197.45 as well,noticed more stutters in turns with the update on a gtx280.What card are you using Mitch ?What specifically are you seeing that is clearly better, as 197.45 on Win7 64 works very well with bp=0 and unlimited frames?

Push it Scott, push, push, push it! I went from a GTX 275 to a GTX 470 and now using EVGA step-up for a GTX 480! PUSH IT!
Ok then Stephen I did the deed and went for the EVGA 480oc version. Thanks for the push (over the edge??). Since I still have the 275 installed and some standard test flights, I will to do a semi scientific comparison just to see what the delta is in terms of smoothness and frame rate.

Guest Hondabuff

It might just be my Video card, its kind of a odd ball. GTX 285 1Gb Classified. Takes three PCIe 6pin power adapters to make it power up. I purchased it for the sole purpose that it will run at 800mhz core with the water clock but trying to find the H20 block is like looking for a unicorn. Thanks EVGA :( . My bios shows it as a GTX295 even though it only has one GPU. Those Fermi's are looking good and thinking about selling the 285.

Using NickN's Nhancer "work around" with the 2.57s has given me one of the very best experiences with FSX I've ever had. After finally "gettting it right" after a few attempts, the result is incredible. Clear, stunning graphics and extremely smooth flying. As you can see in my signature, I'm using the 285 Nvidia Card.Stan

I went back to 197.45 as well,noticed more stutters in turns with the update on a gtx280.What card are you using Mitch ?What specifically are you seeing that is clearly better, as 197.45 on Win7 64 works very well with bp=0 and unlimited frames?
-------------------------------------------------------------Hi jackcnd,Card: A GTX 285 1 GB which was sold straight from nVidia.System: Dell 730X running a 975 pro and 6 gigs of triple channel at 1333 MHzSound Card: Creative Titanium ExtremeJackcnd, I had used the BP=0 and had the smoothness that made it so appealing. But alas, I had to finally go with a BP=500000 because I would in every case get artifacts and corruption into a flight of 20 minutes or longer. So, I full know the effects that BP=0 had for smooth animation. I've had good clarity with other drivers, so let's use that 'good' clarity as a baseline for my application.Since installing the 257.15 beta:Immediately with the first flight post install, I had as smooth as butter, full screen animation (as if running under BP=0) which I think actually is even smoother on my system than having run with BP=0, but at the minimum, equal to. The big difference is; no artifacts or corruption whatsoever, and no matter the length of the flight, the viewpoint used, or any command input from myself. Rock solid. So like I stated in my first post....this beta suite is literally BP=0 without artifact corruption, and no need to go beyond FSX stock config settings to make it all play in the sandbox....Clarity: This is a MOUNTAIN of difference. It's now real-world. Wherever you are, whatever you are looking at, whatever the atmospherics are, you are there now, in the real world. From 1800 feet up, ALL graphics are so detailed, clean and crisp (extremely well focused and coherent), and haze is FINALLY ethereal. You see it, you can see THROUGH it, with it not looking like it was layered and or pasted upon the scenery. REX2,ASE,ENBloom, Frame Limiter,driver 257.15 is lethal. Truly any height from just off the deck is equally crisp in detail.I will end by saying this. As far as this observer is concerned. I have achieved REAL WORLD depiction on my flight simulator. I couldn't be happier! I can't wait for this suite to go certified (to fix any slight problems if any). I will then clean the beta, scrub, and install the certified final. I can only happily anticipate any further driver suites beyond this present one. Just running with this driver has given me what I so longed for with every combination of tweak that I have EVER attempted with the FSX config file from the get-go. None of that really left me totally satisfied, until deciding to just try out this driver suite. The result was that powerful. I now realize, you can tweak till you're dead. It is the DRIVER that says whether you will see that 'personal end result' OR NOT! The driver running your card has the 'final say', lol. That is my personal opinion.Cheers,Mitch

Yes. It is SO good that I'm afraid to change to the WHOL version when it comes out. The BETA with my NickN changes is THAT GOOD! What a predicament!Stan