Sign in to follow this  
ABE

ALMOST PERFECT

I am forever grateful to ******* and others for all the tweaks. My FSX in WINDOWS7-64BIT and in XP-64BIT run practically flawless. The texture looks very sharp......most of the times!! But........after a period of time, the sharpness dissipates into blurr! This can be fixed by moving the autogen setting higher or lower. This refreshing brings back the sharpness only to lose it again after a short while. Is there a tweak to fix this?Appreciate any hellp.Thanks.Abe

Now there's a new one - a tweak to 'fix' a tweak. How about undoing the first tweak?Sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding here - I read ' I tried a tweak and it works great except when it doesn't work. Is there a way to fix it?'I would seriously undo the tweaks - set your system up as BEST you can w/o them and then start applying selective tweaks and testing for a bit before going whole hog.Good luck!Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

It is not as simple as that. Before the tweak, I had CONSTANT BLURR, STUTTER, LOW FRAME RATES. Now I have NO STUTTER, HIGH FRAME RATES, SHARPNESS OF TEXTURE. Of course I have a DOWNSIDE.........that is minimal.......OCCASIONAL BLURR..........fixable . An annoyance, yes, again, minimal. I just thought that somebody can lay a finger on a SPECIFIC CORRECTION.

It is not as simple as that. Before the tweak, I had CONSTANT BLURR, STUTTER, LOW FRAME RATES. Now I have NO STUTTER, HIGH FRAME RATES, SHARPNESS OF TEXTURE. Of course I have a DOWNSIDE.........that is minimal.......OCCASIONAL BLURR..........fixable . An annoyance, yes, again, minimal. I just thought that somebody can lay a finger on a SPECIFIC CORRECTION.
ABE, there is no such thing as 'perfection' when it comes to FSX performance :) It was probably more than a month ago that I last tweaked my fsx.cfg and I'm absolutely happy with the performance I get. Yet, sometimes I'll see blurries.. but I can live with them. Stutters? not a single one :) except pauses approaching FSDT sceneries and they are 1-2 second pauses due to Simconnect simobject injection. Also, your approach to 'perfection' might be flawed.. you are looking for a 'tweak' when you possibly need is to reduce a slider one notch. You can't tweak a tweak! ;)

ABE, there is no such thing as 'perfection' when it comes to FSX performance :) It was probably more than a month ago that I last tweaked my fsx.cfg and I'm absolutely happy with the performance I get. Yet, sometimes I'll see blurries.. but I can live with them. Stutters? not a single one :) except pauses approaching FSDT sceneries and they are 1-2 second pauses due to Simconnect simobject injection. Also, your approach to 'perfection' might be flawed.. you are looking for a 'tweak' when you possibly need is to reduce a slider one notch. You can't tweak a tweak! ;)
Thanks *******, I and so many others owe you a lot!! If you re-read my initial posting, you'll see that progress, for me, has been achieved. I think I am not seeking PERFECTION :). Mostly getting rid of a minor ANNOYANCE........I definitely can live with it.....specially that the enjoyment now is just about triple fold more than it was. Maybe I was CURIOUS and GREEDY, forgive me :).*******, muchisimas gracias !!Abe

*******, muchisimas gracias !!
No prob! ;)Glad to to know the tweaks are helping you!Cheers,