Sign in to follow this  
jport1

Locking In Voice Loop

This occured on a thru flight when running the after start checks, first few items ok, then went into loop and kept repeating the FO checks. Tried to disconnect voice and even skip ahead in the flows and he would not stop repeating. Finally, after a couple of going from "After Start" to Taxi Check" he stopped and all was ok after that. Just FYI.Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Hi Bryan, it is actually the Taxi Check is where it goes into the FO voice (repeated) loop, but I have another near show stopper with the 1.02 release. The FO does not recognize the flaps 9 command correctly on approach and keeps pulling the AC out of APR and says "NAV" and sets it to NAV anytime I say flaps 9 on approach, throws the AC into a tizzing, and I end up having to fly it by hand for the approach. I can not seem to get the AP reengaged after the out of control situation. Both of these problems were not present on the original release. I may uninstall the 1.02 and go back to the original. BTW, did you pull that release, don't see it in the forum anymore. A bit confused, could have sworn you had a new minor fix to install which I downloaded and have it saved as FS2Crew_PMDGJ41_Voice1.02.zip and the original was FS2Crew_PMDGJ41_Voice.zip ThanksJoe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Hi Joe,V1.02 only added one line of code to the entire project and that was to have the FO turn off the Prop Sync during the approach when the conditions levers were brought full forward.So it's not V1.02 that's the problem as only one line of code was changed, or should I say added.Based on experience with other users, try this (it cured their problems, which were similar):1. Run a full-defrag on your Hard Drive, not once, but twice.2. Do a full anti-virus/spyware sweep.3. Double check your mic and mic settings.Cheers,

Hi Bryan,Thanks, I use Utimate Defrag Pro and defrag everyday Complete/Name, run virus scan 2 to three times daily but I will check the microphone settings. Interesting that it all works flawlessly with the Maddog. So I am a bit miffed, I may try to run another training session with the voice but it is confusing since my experience with the original release was near perfect and the Maddog is flawless with current settings. Thanks again.Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Hi Bryan,Thanks, I use Utimate Defrag Pro and defrag everyday Complete/Name, run virus scan 2 to three times daily but I will check the microphone settings. Interesting that it all works flawlessly with the Maddog. So I am a bit miffed, I may try to run another training session with the voice but it is confusing since my experience with the original release was near perfect and the Maddog is flawless with current settings. Thanks again.Joe
Hi Joe,As mentioned, one tiny new line of code won't result in what you described.Anyone else ever experienced what Joe experienced.Maybe you can try re-installing the PMDG J41 itself?I'll send you the original gauge file so you can see if it's in fact 1.02, but I highly doubt it.Cheers,

BryanI also got into a loop a couple of times during the Taxi Check, and it was also on through flights.I just put it down to pilot error, but I'll look out for it again.(I haven't upgraded to version 1.02 yet.)Having a great time using it.ThanksPeter

I have taken some of Bryan's suggestions, specifically checking the mic settings. Defraging and virus check was not my issue but found that the mic volume was quite low. With the J41 the props are pretty loud in the cockpit and turning the mic volume is showing some improvement on recognition. I am making a flight this evening to confirm full operations and will post my results.Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Hi Joe,Remember that in XP (but not Vista or Win 7) it's possible that your microphone settings will be reset when the speech engine is initialized (that happens when you open the main FS2Crew panel).It seems to be a quirk of the version of SAPI that's available for XP. So, after FS2Crew is started, you might want to re-check your Microphone Level.The PMDG J41 cockpit is loud, so definitely check the mic level.Cheers,

Hi Bryan,Thanks again. I run Win7 64bit now and have reset the volume and all seems to work well. I sent you an email on my observations on the approach.Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png