Sign in to follow this  
acmech

Windows 7 pro 64 bit and fs9

I had windows 7 64 bit on my new sytem for about two weeks. After, my install of fs9, I noticed frame rates were high but ,unstable as long as no clouds were in the area.So I tired ,many different types of cloud textures ,dxt3 ,lower res 512x512 ,tweaks etc. My video card is the ati 5870 2gb. With that said I was getting very frusrated and tired new drivers older ones anything. Well all I can say is this ,I went back to windows xp 32 bit sp3. My frame rates are great again in all condtions. This is just a heads up for those that may want to go to another os. I am not looking for a debate , just explaining my experince. My Specs Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown 3.33GHz 6 x 256KB L2 Cache 12MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W overclocked @3.8GHz Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler ASRock X58 Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard bios 2.40G.SKILL Trident 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Triple Channel Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M160G2XXX 2.5" 160GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) For fs9 and OSIntel X25-V SSDSA2MP040G2R5 2.5" 40GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) for other stuffATi 5870 2GB 512-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Creative - Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound CardOCZ 750W SLI/CrossFire Active PFC Power Supply Acer GD235HZbid Black/orange 23.6" 2ms Widescreen 1080p 120Hz 3D-Ready LCD Monitor(removed)Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bitWindows xp sp3 32 bit

Funny things these computers..... I haven't run into a framerate issue with anything I've tried. W7-64-bit works really well for me. Sometimes a small change in the component mix can make or break a system. Funny things these computers.....Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I also have the W7 64 bit OS. My framerates are great. My problem is that some of my favorite FS9 software have problems operating in a 64 bit environment. Run almost everything with sliders full right and I have my framerates set at 35 FPS. If I set the framerates to unlimited I'm seeing on average 75+ FPS.System specs: W7 64Pro, Intel Core i5, CPU 650@3.2 Hz, 4.0 GB RAM, Nidia GeForce GT-240Tom

With Windows 7 Pro 64 you can run an emulated Windows XP from inside it. It's a free d/l from Microsoft and from what I have read it looks, feels and operates just like XP. That's what I was planning to do as I have Windows 7 Ultimate. Just an idea since you have the software already.Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest CX355

I have Windows 7 64 bit and w/ very few exceptions almost all my add-on's work. Check video card settings as these can create some visual problems if set to high. My new system works great but I had to reduce some Video settings to get the great look I once had w/ my old system.

Same here.When Win7 came out, I installed FS9 on Win7-X64 Ultimate but that gave lots of issues with 3rd party panels/gauges.Quickly went back to WinXP-x86 SP3 and still are happily flying, not even using the 3GB patch. Never had an OOM error, except once which was caused by a bug in a gauge.After all, FS9 was released when XP was the current OS. Luckily MS supports XP untill 2014, so we have some time left :(

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I'm running Wi7x64 and FS9 with most settings maxout. Have not had one issue. Get great frame rates and the loading time increased 50%. Will never look back to XP for flight Sim 9 or X.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I'm running Wi7x64 and FS9 with most settings maxout. Have not had one issue. Get great frame rates and the loading time increased 50%. Will never look back to XP for flight Sim 9 or X.
That's good news - I have just set up my new windows 7 64 bit computer with all the standard business/utility software, and am about to do the FS9 re-install. This will take several days due to the thousands of add-ons, so I hope it will be smooth sailing!

Graeme Butler

Guest Cramer

I was having problems with Win7 x64 too and I could fix doing this:-Rightclick on FS9.exe > Properties-Check "disactivate desktop composition" (or something like that)See what you got. ;)