Sign in to follow this  
Guest yankeesji

Engine Pull Start Knobs Won't Pull?

Guest yankeesji

Been trying to learn this aircraft by following some youtube videos, but when I get to the engine start, none of the knobs will pull. What I am doing wrong? :(

Review the introduction manual for tips on how to activate controls.If they are pulling out but not illuminating then that means that conditions are are not set up to start the engine. Check your bleed air system configuration. There is a wealth of information in the manuals.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest yankeesji
Review the introduction manual for tips on how to activate controls.If they are pulling out but not illuminating then that means that conditions are are not set up to start the engine. Check your bleed air system configuration. There is a wealth of information in the manuals.
They do not pull out, just click.

They do not pull out, just click.
....and a right click at that!

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me

hi make sure u havnt got it set to auto other wise they wont pull out as i discovered one time set it to continous

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Guest yankeesji
....and a right click at that!
Come on really? Did you just want to post something? :(

He is right though. You need to right click to "pull" them out and left click to put them back.

Guest yankeesji
He is right though. You need to right click to "pull" them out and left click to put them back.
Thanks, but I've tried that already...LOL..

Make sure the aircarft has powerMake sure the APU is runningTurn off two of the packs to ensure enough air (but I do think the PMDG 744 will start engines even with all three packs on)Ensure the APU valve for bleed air is openEnsure you have Autostart onEnsure you have the fuel pumps onEnsure you have the fuel switches on (up, not down, which is the cut off position)Ensure your hydralics panel is correctly set upEnsure your power panel is correctly set upAnd last, make sure you have fuel in the plane.If things still don't work, looks at the EICAS, it will tell you if things are correctly set up.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Come on really? Did you just want to post something? :(
Yes, you have to right click it. It wasn't mentioned. So, yes I did want to post something, something constructive.

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me

Guest yankeesji
Yes, you have to right click it. It wasn't mentioned. So, yes I did want to post something, something constructive.
Um..Yeah...That was clicked about 40 times...When I "right click", I get a menu to Undock Window or Close Window..UPDATE:Nevermind guys...It was a "LEFT click" to put and "LEFT click" to push also, but thanks for the help. I must of not had everything set right the first time.

Make sure the aircarft has powerMake sure the APU is runningTurn off two of the packs to ensure enough air (but I do think the PMDG 744 will start engines even with all three packs on)Ensure the APU valve for bleed air is openEnsure you have Autostart onEnsure you have the fuel pumps onEnsure you have the fuel switches on (up, not down, which is the cut off position)Ensure your hydralics panel is correctly set upEnsure your power panel is correctly set upAnd last, make sure you have fuel in the plane.If things still don't work, looks at the EICAS, it will tell you if things are correctly set up.
Hi allCan somebody please explain why should the fuel switches must be turned ON before pulling the startt swiches-in other planes you turn fuel ON after the engine startes turning. Many thanks for all replies-if any :( Qas

Can somebody please explain why should the fuel switches must be turned ON before pulling the startt swiches-in other planes you turn fuel ON after the engine startes turning.
Not really sure but probably because the engine start is managed more by the 747 rather than the pilot? I'm guessing the fuel start system only actually opens the fuel valve when the engine has sufficient N1 (N2 ?) to ignite.

Matthew S

Hi allCan somebody please explain why should the fuel switches must be turned ON before pulling the startt swiches-in other planes you turn fuel ON after the engine startes turning. Many thanks for all replies-if any :( Qas
They should be in the cut off position before the start sequence. Fuel levers should be moved to the on position only after the engines are spinning at enough speed so as to not create a hot start.

Guest bratonabike
Apparently only when it has autostart enable then u have to put them on before, if its not on autostart, you can pull the starters and then a magenta line will appear on the N2 bar where you have to switch on the fuel switches