Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kent10

Program for logging FS2004 flights?

Guest Kent10

Hello all,I have recently joined this forum board because my VA (Flyting Tigers Group) was hacked and i can no longer use their forum. This came as a surprise to me when i tried to log into the website because i took a LOA for just a short period of time. So anyway I hope you guys can answer my question...Since i can no longer use the FTG database to log my flights i fly in FS2004, is their any program out there that I can use to input my flight data (departure time, arrival time, aircraft used, etc). Also to where it can show on a map of where i have flown. I have seen people on forums before with a banner of such a website but i have forgotten what the name of it is. So it would be of much help if somebody can point me in the right direction. Alex

FSFK... or FSFlightkeeper is BY FAR the most robust...Phenomenal program!!!http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=FSFlightkeeper :) Go to the first link it brings up... Just love that site LOLThomas Molitor deserves a world of thanks for this little app.Hope that helps,-PaulBTW, noticed it is your first post in the forums, welcome!!

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Kent10

Thanks for the welcome! I noticed that is a payware program (if i'm not mistaken) is there any freeware programs by chance?

Thanks for the welcome! I noticed that is a payware program (if i'm not mistaken) is there any freeware programs by chance?
Nothing nearly as comprehensive that I know of... I am sure Al, Opa or one of the forum legends will know the answer though! I don't know how but they always do... :( Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

There are also some other excellent VAs out there -- I flown for several but I have settled on only one: Active Air Source. Give them a look, you can't beat the management, flexibility and sheer volume of all types of available flights:<< http://air-source.us/ >> EDIT: I also use FSpassengers and always will.

There are also some other excellent VAs out there -- I flown for several but I have settled on only one: Active Air Source. Give them a look, you can't beat the management, flexibility and sheer volume of all types of available flights:<< http://air-source.us/ >> EDIT: I also use FSpassengers and always will.
True, FSPassengers does have logging, great point Chuck... I also use it on every flight :) . I will say the logging component of FSFlighKeeper is not to be equalled though. It even allows for automatic PIREP filing to a VA through the app... Not to mention a great map that I use for Taxiing at every airport... You know I don't give many things two thumbs up Chuck :)-P

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

If anything, you could always make your own flight log in a spreadsheet application like Excel or Calc (Open Office). Add the columns you need like aircraft, type of flight, remarks/notes, day, night, date, instruments and total time. You could set it to automatically add the hours up.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Guest Kent10
If anything, you could always make your own flight log in a spreadsheet application like Excel or Calc (Open Office). Add the columns you need like aircraft, type of flight, remarks/notes, day, night, date, instruments and total time. You could set it to automatically add the hours up.
wow never thought of that! your genius :(

Guest Kent10
How do you liek Air-source? It looks amazing! like you can fly basically any airline! but when lookign through it the only concern i have is, will i be able to chose any route i want...or just the ones that are available?Alos is their an ACARS system to download so i can automatically file pireps? Thanks in advance!

wow never thought of that! your genius :(
I wouldn't say I am a genius, but after a logbook got borked a couple of years ago, I decided to do that myself. All the proper entries were there, but FS9 screwed up the math somewhere and the total time was off, by .5 of an hour if I remember right.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Hello all,I have recently joined this forum board because my VA (Flyting Tigers Group) was hacked and i can no longer use their forum. This came as a surprise to me when i tried to log into the website because i took a LOA for just a short period of time. So anyway I hope you guys can answer my question...Since i can no longer use the FTG database to log my flights i fly in FS2004, is their any program out there that I can use to input my flight data (departure time, arrival time, aircraft used, etc). Also to where it can show on a map of where i have flown. I have seen people on forums before with a banner of such a website but i have forgotten what the name of it is. So it would be of much help if somebody can point me in the right direction. Alex
Check out the Virtual Pilots Association. Just Google Virtual Pilots and the first link will get you there. Simply awesome - logging, maps, professional PIREP checking, monthly competitions, inside tours, a point system - just check it out for yourself.Alex

Guest Kent10

How many airlines can you fly with virtual pilots association? I Like air-source because you can fly over 900+ airlines to basically anywhere in the world which is amazing! but their logging system is very buggy. Like for instance if you fly with sim-rate time on long flights, whioch i do because i dont have time to sit in front of my computer for 3 hours, you only get credit for the time you don't have sim rate on. Just that little bit that bother me.

Guest Kent10

Trelane, can you use fsacars to file flights at air-aource?