Sign in to follow this  
europa737

Photos and videos of my 737 SIM based in pmdg

hii want to show you my cockpit.in this moments i bought a new pedestal and it has real parts as: -inercial from 747 Panam, -Wheather radar from twa 727-2 olimpic radio switching-data printer from iberia 747-200-unknown 747 COM-United fire panel-united acarsalso the cockpit has continental 737 yokeand iberia md-88 captain seatAlso yuo can see my videos in my youtube channelhttp://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mvc340&aq=fin the last videos you will see the new 32 inches screen. the overhead is missing in this videos because we are wiring itif you have any question or any doubt no doubt in asking me about any technical information about the cockpit.europa345@hnotmail.comit would be nice to be able to use the new software of pmdg 737NGX in my cockpit. for cockpit builders is very important to know the offsets to use the cockpit at 100%actually i

So cool. I hate you! :(

Am 1000% not jealous...I surely prefer my office, my joystick, my 22 inch monitor and all the virtual button presses with the mouse. :(

Well I'll confess I am green with envy, and would love to own a setup like that. Mouse clicks can never come close to replicating the reflexive muscle-memory training that is possible with realistic flight deck hardware of the sort assembled in this fine example, where the sim pilot learns to reach for the same points in space as would a real world pilot reaching for the yoke, rudder, throttle, FMS, MCP and NAV/COM radios.With the overhead added to the above setup, the full Level D sensation of physical motion will be the only feature missing. It must have taken some serious electronics skills to adapt and connect those actual aircraft NAV/COM raidos and whatnot from several different Boeing aircraft. My hat is off to you, Miguel. You have created masterwork that beautifully merges technology with artform.Regards,Tony Selario

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

Seriously impressive Miguel!Well done.

hithanks for your words3 real commercial pilots had tried my cockpit and they were amazing with the level of detail.here i let you some pics with the overhead. in this moments we are re-wiring it becasue i will change the logic system to other platforms like project magenta becasue with PMDG is impossible to control the overhead following the PMDG logicBefore i had the overhead working with key mapping but is not realisticsoon i will send you a photo with everyhtingMiguel

Guest wims

Looks great. How much dough did you have to cough up for a setup like that?

So what's your wife think about all that?
My guess is he doesn't have one since she most likely left because he never went to bed lol

I certainly like the captain's hat!Congrats again Miguel for your setup (and the World Cup victory in South Africa)!Do you have an idea about the cost of the whole project?

The only bad side of such a setup must be that it gets ankward to fly anything else than the 737 :)

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

hithanks for your wordsreally the price of a project like this is dificult to calculate. but aprox is about 15000-18000 euros.of course now you can do it cheaper because when i beganhe pricesof the things were about 3 times more expensive.Also, there are lots of things that you can do to save moneyi

Guest bratonabike
hithanks for your words3 real commercial pilots had tried my cockpit and they were amazing with the level of detail.here i let you some pics with the overhead. in this moments we are re-wiring it becasue i will change the logic system to other platforms like project magenta becasue with PMDG is impossible to control the overhead following the PMDG logicBefore i had the overhead working with key mapping but is not realisticsoon i will send you a photo with everyhtingMiguel
You should get a 38" plasma tv and 2 24" widescreen moniters for a setup like that :(

18000 euros? That's like almost 25000 USD--I would prefer to fly for real for that cash. I could certainly become a real life commercial pilot for that cash.

Jim Atkins

Guest wims
18000 euros? That's like almost 25000 USD--I would prefer to fly for real for that cash. I could certainly become a real life commercial pilot for that cash.
Really? A friend of mine who flies for KLM claims he has a loan in excess of 250 000