Sign in to follow this  
MeneMene

facetracknoir

while facetracknoir works as its supposed to (i believe so), its a little bad to use along with your mouse, if you use it to turn switches, etc. on your VC. even the slightest movements that FTNoIR captures from a static head can be enough to move the camera, and take away the knob you're pointing with your mouse, making cold/dark startup procedures a pain. the smooth filter is bad aswell, because the more smooth i add, the less response time i get, it takes 10 times more for fsx to reproduce my head movement, and smooth movements isnt exactly what you want when you're turning switches, you want the camera to stand still, freeze. that doesnt happen since the only deadzone is located in the eyepoint's center. i believe what we want is some sort of head movement treshold. if your head isnt moving more than X speed, camera should stand, otherwise it moves. i believe facetrack has no such feature.so heres a question for TrackIR users: does TIR and maybe freetrack have such thing, or the camera keeps moving at the smallest head movement?also, if you ever used facetracknoIR, please share your thoughts.thanks in advance.

http://www.seeingmachines.com/product/faceapi/downloads/. Download the Head Tracking Demo, this one is the one that works with FaceTrackNoIR.
I just downloaded the head tracking demo but the demo also gives me the same error"no dlls were found in the waterfall procedure"Both the headtracking demo and the facetracknoir don't work with the same error.edit: i just solved the problem. You have to uninstall the IPP library from add/remove, then install the headtracking demo..it will install the correct version

Well I can't get it to work.FaceTrackNoIr detects my face perfectly, and it follows my face instantly with no problem.However when I start up FSX the camera jumps above the plane in an awkward position and I can't move it. If I move out of the webcam the camera returns to normal positionAny help?Btw I have 2 simconnect versions in add/remove. Is this normal? Which version do you guys have?

Outstanding idea!I never really imagined that we would one day have an alternative to a commendable application such as TrackIR and that too with such a simple concept behind it. This surely has to be one of the most cost effective solutions to TrackIR. Can't wait to give it a try. Cheers

while facetracknoir works as its supposed to (i believe so), its a little bad to use along with your mouse, if you use it to turn switches, etc. on your VC. even the slightest movements that FTNoIR captures from a static head can be enough to move the camera, and take away the knob you're pointing with your mouse, making cold/dark startup procedures a pain. the smooth filter is bad aswell, because the more smooth i add, the less response time i get, it takes 10 times more for fsx to reproduce my head movement, and smooth movements isnt exactly what you want when you're turning switches, you want the camera to stand still, freeze. that doesnt happen since the only deadzone is located in the eyepoint's center. i believe what we want is some sort of head movement treshold. if your head isnt moving more than X speed, camera should stand, otherwise it moves. i believe facetrack has no such feature.so heres a question for TrackIR users: does TIR and maybe freetrack have such thing, or the camera keeps moving at the smallest head movement?also, if you ever used facetracknoIR, please share your thoughts.thanks in advance.
TrackIR you can set a hotkey, I use the middle mouse button click and it freezes the motion so you can click the button, then simply reclick the middle mouse button and you are back in motion.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Squishy, I only played with it once and it worked, but nowhere near the level of TrackIr. I did play with the levels and can't recall that I had a in issue like that, but look at their forums and IIRC there is an answer to that issue. I'm still waiting on a Kinect Driver for fsx.

Well I can't get it to work.FaceTrackNoIr detects my face perfectly, and it follows my face instantly with no problem.However when I start up FSX the camera jumps above the plane in an awkward position and I can't move it. If I move out of the webcam the camera returns to normal positionAny help?Btw I have 2 simconnect versions in add/remove. Is this normal? Which version do you guys have?
Hi Squishy,It sounds like you don't have the fix for update 1.5 installed? The problem sounds familiar...@flyinpilot212121: In FaceTrackNoIR you can also set a short-key, with the option to 'freeze' or 'center' (zero). The middle mouse-button may be a nice addition?

I've installed the application, updated it to 1.5.The software starts fine with the profile 'FS2004.ini' selected, 'Face API' under tracker source and game protocol selected to 'FS2002/FS2004'.I'm able to see myself with the yellow lines for tracking my face just fine but it doesn't work with FS2004. Are there some other settings that need to be adjusted before I can use this ? I've tried using keyboard shortcuts to start it, started it before and after firing up the sim but still nothing.I have FSUIPC 3.99 installed, although it's only the demo version.Any help would be greatly appreciated!Cheers,

I've installed the application, updated it to 1.5.The software starts fine with the profile 'FS2004.ini' selected, 'Face API' under tracker source and game protocol selected to 'FS2002/FS2004'.I'm able to see myself with the yellow lines for tracking my face just fine but it doesn't work with FS2004. Are there some other settings that need to be adjusted before I can use this ? I've tried using keyboard shortcuts to start it, started it before and after firing up the sim but still nothing.I have FSUIPC 3.99 installed, although it's only the demo version.Any help would be greatly appreciated!Cheers,
Hi krazyk,It seems like you're almost there!Just a few questions: have you installed the fix for update 1.5? Did you configure the path of the FSUIPC.dll file, in the Settings of the FS2002/2004 protocol? A little remark: in FS2002/2004 face-tracking only works in 'Virtual Cockpit' view (but of course, you already knew...)

Hello (lucky) FS2002/2004 users,I call you lucky, because the FS2002/2004 developers (with some help of those that made FSUIPC) have blessed you with free head-tracker support. Your fellow DCS-users (you know, of Blackshark and others) are not so lucky: the ED-developers say they cannot implement alternative head-tracker support, because NaturalPoint 'forbids'.This week James Ireland started a petition to convince ED that many users like free head-tracking.My question is simple: could you please help and sign the petition too? It costs you nothing but a few minutes and no e-mail addresses are exposed (unless you want to).The more developers support alternatives, the more will follow!Thanks in advance smiley.gif

Hi krazyk,It seems like you're almost there!Just a few questions: have you installed the fix for update 1.5? Did you configure the path of the FSUIPC.dll file, in the Settings of the FS2002/2004 protocol? A little remark: in FS2002/2004 face-tracking only works in 'Virtual Cockpit' view (but of course, you already knew...)
Silly me,I forgot about the fix. It's working perfectly now. Although it takes a few seconds to find my face again after I stop the tracking to press some buttons in the cockpit. But that's hardly something to complain about. However, it is very sensitive to my head movements and a little head movement results in a large movement of the camera. Any way to calibrate those settings ? Thanks

Silly me,I forgot about the fix. It's working perfectly now. Although it takes a few seconds to find my face again after I stop the tracking to press some buttons in the cockpit. But that's hardly something to complain about. However, it is very sensitive to my head movements and a little head movement results in a large movement of the camera. Any way to calibrate those settings ? Thanks
Hello krazyk,If you check the radio-button 'keep tracking' that's to the right of the start-stop short-key, then the face-tracker does not actually stop. It will result in a higher CPU-load, but when you resume it will be 'instant'.As for the settings: you will have to try tweaking the filter-settings and the curves. Most info is in the manual:(

Hello krazyk,If you check the radio-button 'keep tracking' that's to the right of the start-stop short-key, then the face-tracker does not actually stop. It will result in a higher CPU-load, but when you resume it will be 'instant'.As for the settings: you will have to try tweaking the filter-settings and the curves. Most info is in the manual:(
Thank you for your suggestions. Will put them to use the next time I fire up the sim. Guess it's going to take a while to perfect the head tracking and its sensitivity but it's still a worthy alternative to TrackIR. Cheers,