Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Inserting an image in a post

The attachement option is now visible right under the box where text in entered by either clicking on the Use Full Editor option or using the Add Reply button. Opa, you can now attach pics instead of having to upload them to ImageShack or PhotoBucket. That option had been missing until today. Thanks to whomever reenabled it.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

The attachement option is now visible right under the box where text in entered by either clicking on the Use Full Editor option or using the Add Reply button. Opa, you can now attach pics instead of having to upload them to ImageShack or PhotoBucket. That option had been missing until today. Thanks to whomever reenabled it.
Its specific to each forum, some forums you can't do it in while others you can

Brian Sperduto

Yep! Now it's working!Thx,Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I was going by this particular subforum and not others. Yes, you are correct in that IPB allows users to configure subforums to specific settings. When I posted that, I was kind of in a rush to finish up eating and the like so I could go to work.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

Please, can some one create a tutorial "How to insert an attachment in a new post". TY!!!!  Marbasan

Attachment as in "picture": You'll need to use an external hosting site, such as dropbox or tinypic, where you upload your pictures. Those sites then provide links (often in a convenient forum code that allows to embed the picture in teh post directly rather than linking it to an external site).

Attachment as in "any file format": Below the bottom right corner of the "Reply to this topic" box, just right to the Post button, you have a button labelled "More Reply Options". Clicking that button you'll find a button labelled "Attach File", and by clicking it you can browse to a file and upload this. THere may be a limit on the file weight, though.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Attachment as in "picture": You'll need to use an external hosting site, such as dropbox or tinypic, where you upload your pictures. Those sites then provide links (often in a convenient forum code that allows to embed the picture in teh post directly rather than linking it to an external site).

Attachment as in "any file format": Below the bottom right corner of the "Reply to this topic" box, just right to the Post button, you have a button labelled "More Reply Options". Clicking that button you'll find a button labelled "Attach File", and by clicking it you can browse to a file and upload this. THere may be a limit on the file weight, though.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

This option doesn't exist anymore, does it?  I'm trying to attached an image to a post of mine and don't see this anywhere.

That option still exists, as far as I am aware. However, you cannot attach pictures this way; as described in the first sentences, you have to use an external hosting site.

We have rules posted in the Screenshot forum and there is a link under the Forums tab above.  I use Oz Hosting - http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/index.php .  Donationware.  Just copy and paste the BBCode line into your post.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Then the option doesn't still exist.

That's a lot of work just to show an example to help others understand what trouble could be going on.  Why was this change made?

Then the option doesn't still exist.

That's a lot of work just to show an example to help others understand what trouble could be going on.  Why was this change made?

As far as I am aware, to take load off the AVSIM servers.

And btw, from your previous post it wasn't completely clear to me what you're referring to, since I made that in response to someone who said attachment without specifying what type of file (looking at the topic title, I do feel a bit stupid for "misleading" you, though).

to take load off the AVSIM servers

This is part of the reason.  But, we had a lot of people who refused to comply with image sizes and moderators were spending a lot of time to remove them.  Now, because of high tech advances to the Internet, one can link to an image of any size. We also did it partly because attachments can contain malware/viruses and, although we have the technology to screen attachments before they are uploaded, it was not a fail-safe system.  Tom is just increasing his website security with this new policy.

Why was this change made?

Why did you dredge up a really old topic (over 4 years ago)?  Things change.  AVSIM is constantly updating the forums based on new technology.  Back when this topic was started, AVSIM did not have a huge membership we have today and we had to find better ways to reduce the load on our servers.  This plus what I said above.

Best regards, 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The last entry before mine was only 2 months ago.

Okay.  Sorry.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM