Sign in to follow this  
Guest Leesw

For those who have not figured it out,

Guest pilotsim7828

Here is the link to tell M$ FS 9 Where to go JumpFlight Simulator: How to Provide Feedback to Microsoft About Flight Simulatormailto:tell_fs@microsoft.comPilotsimVery Unsatisfied CustomerCheated out money ,I think

Guest SoarPics

Too bad you didn't buy the same FS9 I did... mine works great. I paid $47 + shipping thru Provantage. Might try them next time.Thanks for the link. I'll e-mail them to let them know how much fun I'm having.

Guest daves0

I'm not feeling all too peachy about 2004 either...it runs great on my system, no problems there...but as A Flight Sim pilot with no actual experience, FS9/2004 doesn't do any more for me than fs2002...some better eye candy, and the plane bops around a bit, but sameo sameo as far as what I get out of it.For me ..not worth the additional cost...and of course some people love it, some don't

Same here Greg! Guess they did decide to sell two versions after all! Thanks for the link so I can thank MS for this sim!!!I am not feeling "peachy" about it because my fellow simmers are obviously having a hard time with it. I AM feeling peachy, because it is a huge step forward over FS2002 as far as visuals go in my mind, and a few other things, but I like it and FS2002 is history for me.I hope everyone gets it worked out, I really do!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest luhiss

Yup... Mine was $34 (MS rebate and circuit city rebate) and works great. I think I will email them to say thanks.Luhiss

Hey MichaelI thought you said things quite well. I too hope that those that have problems can get them worked out.I also have to say that I have been flying MS flightsims since FS98 and for me FS9 was a pleasant surprise. Now everytime I fire-up the sim and go flying the visuals make me say WOW ! No doubt in my opinion the greatest step forward so far. Thet did drop the price and with the rebate it works out to half what 2002 cost me.There is however one complaint, what were they thinking when they did the Tower Views? I find it 95% of the time totally useless. :-( Steve

Guest JonP01

>Too bad you didn't buy the same FS9 I did... mine works>great.Mine too. Well actually both of my copies.

Pilotsim,Sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your FS9. You even didn't give any details as to what works and what does not, nor your system specs.I already sent my praise and critique to MS on 9 August. I am enjoying FS9 very much - can't wait until patches come out for all the payware sceneries and aircraft I have!Cloud9

Guest otter55

i will use the link to thank MS for the finest flightsim i have ever owned.50+ hrs of troublefree enjoyment.no glitches, no problems, light years ahead of 2002.don

Guest pilotsim7828

How on earth, Does your sim work so perfectly, Have You added on ANY old A/C from 2002? HAI know you`ll Have problems there :)Are you satisfied with only the defualt aircraft , And that all of the paid aircraft does not find FS9, And some dont work well either.The problem I am having is;1. After flight sim 9 loads and your in the cockpit , I start to take off, Berfore rotation, And mind you IM NOT EVEN OFF THE GROUND YET..It crashes to Desktop. This happens every time .All sliders are at the defualt settingsMy computer specs are;AMD Athlon 1800+ ( clocked to 2200+ )768 sDDR Ram Memory1152 MB Paging MemoryFortissimo III 7.1 Sound cardATI Raedeon 9000 Pro Vid Card Drives C, D, F, Total Hard Drive Space 360 GBPilotsim

Pilotsim,Search around in these forums, regarding ATI cards and some issues with the drivers. There are lots!!As regards payware aircraft, I have every FSD aircraft, almost all the Flight1 aircraft, Dreamfleet2000 and some others. All of my FSD planes work perfectly. My Flight1 planes work, but need some small fixes here and there, they are working on those fixes as we speak. Dreamfleet planes work as well, I got the FS9 patch for the Archer, flawless. Before I installed my FS2004 I updated my sound and Video drivers to drivers (through research) that were stable and had little reported problems. My install was smooth, my first flight was blurry, but with a little tweaking of the settings it cleared up instantly. Take some time to look for updated drivers, search the forums for similar problems to your own. I have benefitted greatly from all the information being posted here.And as it has been stated before as with every new sim changes are made to move forward. That means having patience, waiting for the product patches to start flowing. Its been only three weeks since FS9 came out and I am surprised at the amount of progress already made in the way of patches and fixes from developers.Have a little patience and do some research!! Oh yeah my PC specs are below and the pale in comparison to your own!!PIII 1 Ghz512MB RamGeForce 2 Ultra 64mbSoundBlaster Live

Guest tascaso

I think the original poster does have a point and there are definately some major problems with FS2004/COF. For one and there is a thread in the forum regarding parameters to the airfile that have been removed and will affect the Freeware/Payware folks when they try and develop flight models that are as close to real life as possible.I am running FS2004 on two systems an AMD XP2100 and an Intel 2.4C Hyperthreaded and overclocked to 3.0ghz both with 1 gig of RAM, the intel chip on Kingston DDR400. I find the performance for both systems rather mediocre in the framerate department. Originally from reading the threads I had gotten the impression that the code had been tightened and optimized. The scenery engine re-tuned to provide comparable rates to FS2002 but with more weather and improved clouds. As it stands both of my systems can average frame rates in the 20's but there is some definitely sloppy issues when approaching dense cities and airports. This has been attributed to a possible issue with Autogen.So do I throw the baby out with the bathwater. Of course not...but to sign this software off as perfect...I think not. As all releases of FS this one will no longer have issues when run on the next generation of video cards and processors.Now price wise there are good bargains for the sim. But I also had to plunk down $20 bucks to Peter Dowson for the use of FSUIPC, so that adds to the total sim price.Another problem I have with the product is the amount of time and effort needed to tweak this beast so that it runs well enought to be acceptable.Here is a list of software that I currently run on both machines with out a glitch or frame rate problems.Maddox Games; IL-2 Forgotten BattlesMaddox Games; IL-2 (original)EA Sports F1 Challenge 99-02Various MODS to EA Sports F12002Medieval:Total WarMOHAAI do believe that Microsoft could use some constructive criticism but I am sure the BETA team let them know all of the issues and they were just ignored.LoveTony

Guest SoarPics

So, let me see if I understand this correctly... you started this thread complaining about MS FS9 because your aftermarket products don't work??????In a word... DUHHHHH!!!!Why is MS responsible for making other peoples' products work within FS9??? They can't control what other creators code out!!!And for the record... yes, I do have add-ons working in my FS9:Carenado Cessna 210 (payware)DF Archer (payware)DF Cessna 152 (payware)Aero Commander (freeware)Vinka (freeware)A couple of freeware Terrain Mesh files by Orlando Sotomayer and Justin Tyme (though I'm on my way now to buy some mesh scenery by FSGenesis).HA (go troll elsewhere)

Guest pilotsim7828

HEY GREG;Did you read tony`s Post, He`s Also rightGreg Who asked for your opion HAGo troll Elsewhere