Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Do you use both or one version of Flight Simulator?

152 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use FSX and FS9 or just FSX exclusively

• FSX/FS9
    • FSX Only

Just wondering how many people use both Flight Simulator versions these days or just one.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Just wondering how many people use both Flight Simulator versions these days or just one.
I have both installed and occasionally fly FS9, just to fly the Flight1 Meridian or the PMDG 737NG.Otherwise it is FSX, PNW, and the Carenado Bonanza or RealAir Duke for me.

Bert

Gee the results so far seem to contradict your made up statistics from the other day... :Talking Ear Off:How surprising!P.S. The REAL question you want answered is "Would you buy addons for both FS9 and FSX, or just FSX?". The results could be different from the question you actually asked.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

FS9 is an old sim. I won't fly it let alone buy addons for it. I really doubt this thread will convince developers to develop for FS9 and X. That's what you were after wasn't it?

Guest simmer9304

Maybe when more than 18 people vote we can get an accurate result.Also, this is in the FSX forum. The same poll is in the FS9 forum and unsurprisingly enough, the majority vote (4-2, again a poor sampling) was for FS9 only.Until an accurate sample of the FS users is done neither of these is at all conclusive. By accurate I mean well over a hundred votes. By well over a hundred I mean near a thousand or more.This would have to be a poll that is done by people at AVSIM, Flightsim.com, Simviation, SimOuthouse, ORBX, Aerosoft, Abacus, the FS98 forums, FS-Shipyard, via mail to anyone without internet, tomshardware.com, airliners.net, a wide sampling of Facebook flightsim groups, and more. The FS9/FSX forums at AVSIM are not at all reflective of the flight simulation community. If a true survey were to be done I'd be very interested to see the results. The most accurate results we have are really sales figures from developers and even those are inaccurate because they only take into account those who purchase addons.

Gee the results so far seem to contradict your made up statistics from the other day... :Talking Ear Off:How surprising!P.S. The REAL question you want answered is "Would you buy addons for both FS9 and FSX, or just FSX?". The results could be different from the question you actually asked.
They sure do but we'll see how this goes... :( I'll admit if I'm wrong. Can you point me to other FS related sites that get as much traffic as Avsim. Simflight and Flightsim.com's forums seem to have all but went dormant these days...
FS9 is an old sim. I won't fly it let alone buy addons for it. I really doubt this thread will convince developers to develop for FS9 and X. That's what you were after wasn't it?
Nope... I just wanted to see who still uses both sims. If a product is released for either sim first it would stand to reason why one wouldn't turn around and buy it for both sims when the version for that sim comes out.

FS2020 

If a true survey were to be done I'd be very interested to see the results. The most accurate results we have are really sales figures from developers and even those are inaccurate because they only take into account those who purchase addons.
Those who purchase addons are who is relevant to the market! There's a reason developers aren't developing for FS9 much anymore. It isn't a mystery or some giant conspiracy.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Maybe when more than 18 people vote we can get an accurate result.Also, this is in the FSX forum. The same poll is in the FS9 forum and unsurprisingly enough, the majority vote (4-2, again a poor sampling) was for FS9 only.Until an accurate sample of the FS users is done neither of these is at all conclusive. By accurate I mean well over a hundred votes. By well over a hundred I mean near a thousand or more.This would have to be a poll that is done by people at AVSIM, Flightsim.com, Simviation, SimOuthouse, ORBX, Aerosoft, Abacus, the FS98 forums, FS-Shipyard, via mail to anyone without internet, tomshardware.com, airliners.net, a wide sampling of Facebook flightsim groups, and more. The FS9/FSX forums at AVSIM are not at all reflective of the flight simulation community. If a true survey were to be done I'd be very interested to see the results. The most accurate results we have are really sales figures from developers and even those are inaccurate because they only take into account those who purchase addons.
What he said... :(

FS2020 

They sure do but we'll see how this goes... :( I'll admit if I'm wrong. Can you point me to other FS related sites that get as much traffic as Avsim. Simflight and Flightsim.com's forums seem to have all but went dormant these days...
Avsim is pretty much the biggest. The trouble with polls on forums is that they really don't represent the FS market, let alone who flies what sim. A forum better represents the market than who flies what sim though. Obviously people who buy addons keep up on watching the forums more than those who don't buy addons.The only statistic relevant to the overall FS userbase would have to be FS9 sales vs FSX sales from Microsoft themselves. Even then, that wouldn't take into account those who don't fly either one (after buying both), fly on only one (having bought both), or people who use both.

spacer.png

Funny, I had FS9 on my HD until yesterday. I have hardly touched it in 4 years, though I had a lot of freeware and payware - both scenery and aircraft - installed. It just took up space (a lot of it), and I wasn't doing anything with it. So I finally bit the bullet and deleted it, along with its backup archive. While FSX is choppy on my system compared to the silky smooth performance of FS9, the old sim seems to have lost its attraction after having been exposed to the likes of PNW, OrbX, A2A, the RealAir Duke,... I could go on. Many developers for FSX have made FS9 seem cartoonish in camparison.Paul

I'm FSX only.It would be nice if the polls in both forums were linked somehow. The results would be interesting.FSX OnlyFS9 OnlyI split my time between FSX and FS9I use both, but FSX mostlyI use both, but FS9 mostly

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I use both. FS9 is nice when you need a break from the hog called FSX and you just wan't to relax and enjoy the smoothness on a lesser computer. I still have it so I can fly the Level-D 767 which I don't have for FSX. I love the way you can be running 4 payware addons, aircraft, airport scenery, landcass, REX at the same time and still get 50 FP/S at the terminal. But the graphics in FSX are way better...

Gee the results so far seem to contradict your made up statistics from the other day... :Talking Ear Off:How surprising!P.S.  The REAL question you want answered is "Would you buy addons for both FS9 and FSX, or just FSX?".  The results could be different from the question you actually asked.
I agree with the question, it is about buying add-ons that sparked these particular polls. Still, the poll results will not be accurate either way. With 2 separate polls in 2 different forums, people can vote twice, especially those of us who use both FS9 and FSX. Now if this poll was done in just one place, then yes, we would have a better view of who would actually buy or who actually uses both sims.

ng_driver.jpg

Supporter GhostRecon.net | AGgReSsion

WhiteKnight77's Place

Mike Shannon

All I use is one. Thanks for asking.Can you guess which one?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi all,I changed over to FSX about 6 months ago, I will be bulding a new cumputer to run FSX .bobb