Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

Airsimmer A320 - Viable choice for online flying?

is nothing more than plain lazyness
Honestly?You're calling Dimitri Samborski.....Lazy? You're going to call one of the Best model developers out there, Who's won the Avsim Bravo Zulu award, two freeware gold awards, and two awards from flightsim.com..... Lazy? That's hilarious. You think you know exactly what you're talking about because a (Now defunct) company has done it before, but I guarantee you know nothing of 3d modeling and texturing as Dimitri does (little more than I). He said it couldn't happen (At his standard) and that's fine, I guarantee you it won't happen.If Dimitri is lazy then you're simply ignorant.

Honestly?You're calling Dimitri Samborski.....Lazy? You're going to call one of the Best model developers out there, Who's won the Avsim Bravo Zulu award, two freeware gold awards, and two awards from flightsim.com..... Lazy? That's hilarious. You think you know exactly what you're talking about because a (Now defunct) company has done it before, but I guarantee you know nothing of 3d modeling and texturing as Dimitri does (little more than I). He said it couldn't happen (At his standard) and that's fine, I guarantee you it won't happen.If Dimitri is lazy then you're simply ignorant.
Where is your humor....really??? You didn´t happen to see the smiley after that sentence?And when it comes to a certain Now defunct company, I can take that discussion any time with you, because even if the are a Now defunct company, they certainly could model a plane with both "see through" windows and "dynamic shine".Now,..if he is such a hot shot, why is something like that so difficult for him, which is is quite easy for any other developer (not only a now defunct company),...not as "hot shot" as he is. ?? And......please notice the smileys this time ... :( :( :(

Staffan

Where is your humor....really??? You didn´t happen to see the smiley after that sentence?And when it comes to a certain Now defunct company, I can take that discussion any time with you, because even if the are a Now defunct company, they certainly could model a plane with both "see through" windows and "dynamic shine".Now,..if he is such a hot shot, why is something like that so difficult for him, which is is quite easy for any other developer (not only a now defunct company),...not as "hot shot" as he is. ?? And......please notice the smileys this time ... :( B) :(
Way to quarterback it and since I'm not interested in the arguement, my opinion of your ignorance stands firm. Big%20Grin.gif (I can use smiley's too) :(

Well, as a matter of fact, my opinion regarding the modelling stays firm aswell. :( :(

Staffan

Comeon, guys. Let's keep it clean. I don't want my thread locked due to arguing. I got eough of that while I was a Moderator for Bohemia Interactive. lolI repurchased the Airsimmer "Bus" last night and am having a good time with the aircraft. No CTDs as of yet (knock on wood).With regards to the model, the detail of it is excellent. Dynamic shine or not is of little consequence to me, overall. It would be nice, but if the developer said he was unable to do it, I see no reason to really think otherwise, especially when you take into account the overall detail and that of the VC. The VC, IMO, is one of the best I have seen in FS9.Interestingly, it would seem that the new Aersoft Airbus X is also somewhat "Basic", and yet that one receives acclaim when in all actuality it seem to have less fuctionality than the Airsimmer aircraft (not really a bad thing if that is what you are looking for).

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Dynamic shine? My sim computer is down and I do own this aircraft .I am pretty sure all you need to do is add or darken the alpha channel texture as the same goes for any texture that can be seen reflective..

Dynamic shine? My sim computer is down and I do own this aircraft .I am pretty sure all you need to do is add or darken the alpha channel texture as the same goes for any texture that can be seen reflective..
I think he is referring to the actual shine effect that looks like light passing over the aircraft. The shine affected by changing the alpha channels refers to the reflective effects (i.e., shiney fuselage, windows, etc..).

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Register your product and post over on the tech forum, it's important that your elavators & ailerons are not calibrated through fsuipc as it affects the FBW - Anyway can you try something for me.Regards
Rob, thanks for your informative answer! I have for a long time considered purchasing the bird for my vatsim adventures but have been reluctant since I've heard so much about bugs. Now, I really couldn't care less for "dynamic shine" or not being able to save my flightplans. CTD's on the other hand are a major concern, especially if you are flying on VATSIM, but does this problem seem to be related to individual setups or does the same airports affect all users? But my main question concerns what you mentioned regarding not calibrating using FSUIPC. All my airplanes, and I have A LOT, are calibrated using FSUIPC and I actually have no axis assigned via the the internal FS9 assignments. So how should the Airsimmer be calibrated then and does it affect all the other aircrafts that I really want to have calibrated via FSUIPC? I read this in a thread in their forum which doesn't sound that good: "My one problem is that I use FSUIPC registered version and it screws up the axis controls. Do you use the FSUIPC registered version, and if so, how do you get around this problem? "Another question, can you also manually (which I assume) activate the transponder before you enter a rwy since you need to do that at some airports?Again, very grateful for your feedback and I will probably go ahead and buy it since I am allowed to ask for a refund.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Regarding the Transponder, you have three options ON/AUTO/OFF I normally leave it in Auto unless requested otherwise. (you know how upset the Vatsim controllers get when you forget to switch it on or off!) I have a reg version of FSUIPC, and use it for all my hardware key presses etc, however the FBW wont work properly unless you run the Ailerons,Rudder & Elevators through the default FS assignment. I've had a look at the files that are running the flight control computers and it's looks like a lot is going on behind the scenes, Ground,Air & Flare modes + all the ELACS, SECS, are correctly simulated according to the FCOM the only computer that can't be shut off in the basic is the number 2 Flight augmentation computer that gives you alternate & Direct law. To sum it up it's one of the nicest aircraft I've hand flown in FS using the Saitek X52, just like the real machine small gentle sidestick inputs are all that's required.MCDU CTD's as I've pointed out this can be problem, it seems to happen on certain runways, what I do as part of the preflight is check the arrival ATIS and the first thing I do is select the expected arrival runway in the MCDU so if it crashes it's not after 2 hours enroute! So far I have only identified 3 runways that do it however if ATC assign me a different runway in flight I wont risk changing it in the MCDU, I just bring up the RADNAV page and manually enter the new ILS Freq/CRS and fly the approach Rawdata.As your aware some people still claim to have problems with this aircraft, I cant explain why it works so well for some of us and others claim to get a CTD every few miles? personally I'm very glad I bought it but can understand the frustration from the users who purchased on initial release. PM me if you have any problemsRegards

Rob Prest

Hi,No, adding alpha layers doesn´t even do the trick. On this particular model it just makes the fuselage transparent. Tried it with several grades of darkness on the layers, without any success. :mellow:And yes, it actually is the reflective effect I refer to (as many also call "shine"). :(

Staffan

Hi,No, adding alpha layers doesn´t even do the trick. On this particular model it just makes the fuselage transparent. Tried it with several grades of darkness on the layers, without any success. :mellow:And yes, it actually is the reflective effect I refer to (as many also call "shine"). :(
Well, there is a difference between dynamic shine and reflective effects. Dynamic shine, as far as I am aware, is built into the model, while reflective effects can be alterted via the alpha channels. I take it you are referring to the "reflective" effects then, i.e., the shiney metal one would see on a American Airlines livery?

Ark

Ugh, I spoke too soon. Now I am having nothing but issues (not CTDs though).1. I tried following a flightplan I created via FS Commander. I can't import the FP so I entered it in by hand. The Airbus has issues tracking the waypoints and even misses a few of them. This resulted in the bus flying around the waypoint in circles, never actually moving on to the next waypoint.2. Porpoising up and down to maintain speed. This sometimes resulted in the bus climbing almost vertically until I shut off the AP and stabilized the aircraft myself.3. The tutorial flight walk-through seems wrong. It states to turn on batteries 1 and 2, then connect external power via the MCDU. Well, the MCDU won't turn on with just the batteries. To activate the MCDU, I have to switch on the APU Master Switch. Once I do this, the external power is available, however, now I can't actually turn on the APU. Having said all that, the tutorial flight is not installed with the aircraft, you have to find it. I had to use the search function in the technical support forum to actually find the tutorial flight.4. My joystick, throttle, and pedals have all been removed from my assignments list after I load the bus. Somebody please tell me I am doing something wrong as I don't remember having any of these issues with v1.0 of the bus. :( Thanks

Ark

Dont think you are doing anything wrong, these are the same issues ive had from day 1 and up untill now with all of the sp's installed. Chris

Chris Howard

Well, there is a difference between dynamic shine and reflective effects. Dynamic shine, as far as I am aware, is built into the model, while reflective effects can be alterted via the alpha channels. I take it you are referring to the "reflective" effects then, i.e., the shiney metal one would see on a American Airlines livery?
That is correct. The reflective effect you get when adding darker alphalayers can only work if you have the dynamic shine built into the model, as far as I know. Think I wasn´t clear enough. :(

Staffan

Dont think you are doing anything wrong, these are the same issues ive had from day 1 and up untill now with all of the sp's installed. Chris
Really? Ack....The strange thing is I don't remember having these issues in v1.0. As of right now it is basically unflyable for me.Staffan, np! :(

Ark