Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

FSHotSFX

I love this program - unsupported though it is by the producers (as far as I can see).I have heard that if I upgrade from XP to Windows 7 it won't work. Has anyone tried this? Is there not a 'compatibility mode' in Windows 7 that would allow it to run?I'd really miss this program. Hope someone can post some good news!! Thanks.Martin

Can't help you with the question but you've brought up something I'd completely forgotten about.I'd buy it immediately if there was any sign of life from the developers. Are they still awol?

Can't help you with the question but you've brought up something I'd completely forgotten about.I'd buy it immediately if there was any sign of life from the developers. Are they still awol?
AWOL for a very long time unfortunately. AFAIK FSHotSFX will break FSUIPC.

FSHotSFX works fine with FSUIPC. I have had a new serial key from the developers after the odd reinstall, so I guess they are around, but not too communicative otherwise. Shame, cos it is one of my MUST HAVE bits of software.But with Windows 7 anyone?Martin

I can confirm that it does not work with Windows 7 after I tried many different things to no avail. I also know that someone else tried hard to get it to work in an XP virtual machine under Windows 7 and it didn't work that well. Like you Martin, I like FSHotSFX so much that my new PC is a dual boot with Windows 7 for FSX and then XP for FS2004 with FSHotSFX.

Sure, wish some smart person would make a freeware version of this great product. :( Well, atleast an updated version or new product of the same kind for fs9. :(

Oh, that's very bad news! So much so, I wonder about installing XP 64-bit instead of Windows 7 64-bitMartin :(

Sure, wish some smart person would make a freeware version of this great product. :( Well, atleast an updated version or new product of the same kind for fs9. :(
Yes, too bad the developer gave up on the product as I consider it one of the best addons available for FS2004.

I'd buy this product again, and pay good money for it) if some other developer would produce a similar thing that works in Windows 7 (and has some customer support!!).Any takers????Martin

Well, some good news. I had a reply from Mathijs at Aerosoft, saying he knows of FSHotSFX and that he has already planned to issue something similar next year. Keep your eyes on Aerosoft then..Martin

Well, some good news. I had a reply from Mathijs at Aerosoft, saying he knows of FSHotSFX and that he has already planned to issue something similar next year. Keep your eyes on Aerosoft then..
brilliant

So Aerosoft will make an addon for FS2004? Next Year? I doubt that, because Mathijs Kok allways stated that FS2004 won't be worth of producing addons, because lack of purchases.I for myself have fs2004 running on XP (and only that plus addons on this machine)and purchased FShotSFX today. It adds a plus of immersion that I like very much.regardsUli

Well, I got an email from him saying so - I did mention FS9.I also contacted Flight1 and they like the idea too, so maybe we FSHotSFX fans (and those who aren't fans, it can only be because they never experienced it!) may be OK in the end...Martin

I just researched a bit deeper into this, It looks like that later versions of FSUIPC caused problems with the timing of the touchdown and reverse sounds (e.g. Touchdown sounds triggered when the landing AI aircraft is still 50ft in the air) because Pete changed the 'on the ground' flags in the AI traffic tables. FSHotSFX wasn't fixed because the devs had already gone AWOL by then.

Well, I got an email from him saying so - I did mention FS9.
The business model would probably be $19.95 or 'buy 50 AES credits and get it free!'

In theory that would be fixable of courseby adding an appropriate period of silence to the sound files at the beginning