Sign in to follow this  
NetNinja

General Aviation News about MS Flight

Microsoft Flight featured on Fly Away SimulationPosted by Janice Wood · September 12, 2010Microsoft’s next flight simulator release, Microsoft Flight, is now being featured on the Fly Away Simulation flight simulation website. Microsoft recently announced that it will be releasing the next in its series of flight simulator packages for PC users, with the next release being called Microsoft Flight. Microsoft Flight is set to become the biggest complete flight simulator package available to PC users, according to Fly Away Simulation officials, who note, “With enhancements in technology, and more powerful machines for the software to run on, the graphics will be like nothing yet seen in a simulation package.” Fly Away Simulation already features Microsoft Flight preview videos, a screenshots gallery, discussion forums and news articles. The main attraction at Fly Away Simulation’s website is their flight simulator downloads section. The download section boasts more than 3,000 add-ons and enhancements for flight simulator packages, with a user base of more than 125,000. With the release of Microsoft Flight around the corner, users can expect hundreds of downloads such as aircraft, scenery, tools and utilities to be made available following its release. While there is no official release date for Microsoft Flight, users should expect the release to be before Christmas 2010. All aspects of the release will be covered on the Fly Away Simulation website in real time, company officials add.

While there is no official release date for Microsoft Flight, users should expect the release to be before Christmas 2010.
Did they just say Microsoft Flight will come out before this Christmas? :( I sure hope that wasn't a typo and they meant to say 2011!

Guest simmer9304

I hope this isn't a typo. But also, as exciting as this is I hope it isn't a rushed release and it's been thoroughly tested.

Oh sheesh! Not another one... Janice seems to be making a lot of things up, as nowhere on the website she makes reference to is there anything at all like she "quotes" written.If I were a cynic, I'd suggest that the "article" is being used as a shoehorn to drive more "business" to the "Fly Away Simulation flight simulation website..."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Oh sheesh! Not another one... Janice seems to be making a lot of things up, as nowhere on the website she makes reference to is there anything at all like she "quotes" written.If I were a cynic, I'd suggest that the "article" is being used as a shoehorn to drive more "business" to the "Fly Away Simulation flight simulation website..."
Seems Janice is not at fault, the press release is here:http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release/microsoft-flight-now-featured-on-fly-away-simulation-169229.phpIt appears Fly Away Simulation is the source behind the "news". Press Release Contact Information: Joe SouthcottFly Away Simulation Advertising68 Aldersbrook RoadLondon, Greater LondonUnited Kingdom E12 5DLVoice: +44(0)8704901870E-Mail: Email us HereWebsite: Visit Our Website

For Flight to become available this year, Microsoft must have started developing the new version right after closing ACES and probably even before that. Unless of course if they are building just a "browser game" or are continuing where ACES left of. Without more reliable information it is impossible for us to estimate a release date but I doubt it will be this year. We would probably have more information already if it was, even with the NDA's.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Seems Janice is not at fault, the press release is here:http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release/microsoft-flight-now-featured-on-fly-away-simulation-169229.phpIt appears Fly Away Simulation is the source behind the "news"
Ah, I see! Nothing like not verifying the accuracy of one's sources then. I note the usual grandiose claims about being "...the Internet's largest and most complete flight simulator portal..." Although, to be fair no one could really expect them to state that they are "...the Internet's smallest and least significant flight simulator portal..." :( They do however show up #9 in the list when doing a Google search on "flight simulator websites..."

Fr. Bill    

Seems Janice is not at fault,
Janice has dfone what journalists regularly do - just cut-and-paste from a press release without any real knowledge of the subject.Unlike Fr Bill, I am cynical and I'm perfectly convinced that the purpose of the press release was simply to promote Fly Away Simulation. It contains no more real information than was in Microsoft's original statements

the press release was simply to promote Fly Away Simulation. It contains no more real information than was in Microsoft's original statements
And some highly questionable statements including the following quotes:"The team at Fly Away Simulation has added a whole new dimension to its flight simulator portal, following an exciting announcement by Microsoft. Microsoft..." "Fly Away Simulation have already begun opening up sections of their website to cover this release"and of course, this one,"While there is no official release date for Microsoft Flight, users should expect the release to be before Christmas 2010."I'm not trying to throw Fly Away Simulation under the bus here, but I can't find any new "dimensions" or "sections" on their portal. Not even a forum dedicated to Microsoft Flight.

Are you kidding me? Fly away simulations thinks that everyone will believe that these are actually screenshots from Microsoft? I'm still trying to decide if the preview video is from the sim or not. The screenshots they posted are obviously from the teaser video.I also don't like Fly Away Simulations because you must pay to be a member.

Edited by HughesMDflyer4

Brandon Filer

a Christmas 2010 does not compute with this article:http://news.cnet.com...0013915-56.htmlI would say Christmas 2011 based this link!
Read that a million times. Someone on another flight sim forum is friends with a guy on the development team. He stated that Flight is scheduled to be released in the 2nd - 3rd quarter of 2011.PS: Anyone know what type of plane that's supposed to be in the Flight trailer video?

Brandon Filer

Anyone know what type of plane that's supposed to be in the Flight trailer video?
Looks like a Boeing Stearman to me..

Bert

Looks like a Boeing Stearman to me..
After I posted that, I thought, "Maybe it's a Boeing Stearman..." I googled the Stearman, and it looks just like it, so I think we can confirm that. :(

Brandon Filer

Unlike Fr Bill, I am cynical and I'm perfectly convinced that the purpose of the press release was simply to promote Fly Away Simulation. It contains no more real information than was in Microsoft's original statements
Gerry, do you by any chance have a crowbar I could borrow to pry my tongue out of my cheek? I'm going to need it in a bit to eat dinner... :(

Fr. Bill    

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.