Sign in to follow this  
Guest LuisKMIA

All I ask is for a simulator that will work smoothly with mainline computers

Guest LuisKMIA

This month I bought a new system from Jetline Systems that actually allows me to max out all the settings and get FPS starting at about 37. Notice this is 4 years after the release. I've been a user since the late 80s, and I am grateful for the platform they have provided, but all I ask is that my computer works with the next release.Good luck with the development!LuisKMIA

This month I bought a new system from Jetline Systems that actually allows me to max out all the settings and get FPS starting at about 37. Notice this is 4 years after the release. I've been a user since the late 80s, and I am grateful for the platform they have provided, but all I ask is that my computer works with the next release.Good luck with the development!LuisKMIA
If they release the next version in a year or a year and a half good luck... My hope is the day it's released you can buy a mid range machine and the sim runs decently. Anything older than the machines of the day is pushing it but it's a plus. If your machine can run Flight decently upon it's release I'll be a happy camper as I'm buying a new machine specifically for it when it's released (if it's deemed a good version).

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

If they release the next version in a year or a year and a half good luck...  My hope is the day it's released you can buy a mid range machine and the sim runs decently.  Anything older than the machines of the day is pushing it but it's a plus.  If your machine can run Flight decently upon it's release I'll be a happy camper as I'm buying a new machine specifically for it when it's released (if it's deemed a good version).
very new release of MSFS has been better than the previous .... I am confident MS is not looking to break that trend. 

very new release of MSFS has been better than the previous .... I am confident MS is not looking to break that trend.
I think you miss Les Dillon's point. He didn't question the quality of the scenery but the ability of a reasonably fast computer to run it well.When FSX first appeared in 2006 even state-of-the-art PCs failed to deliver reasonable frame rates. People should not have to wait for several years before they can enjoy fluid performance on affordable PCs. If Microsoft can deliver the goods then it should be a winner. Otherwise people may well stick with FSX and all that effort will have been in vain.In other words, learn from your mistakes Microsoft.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

MS Flight will be on the cloud. So...increase your bandwidth at home, fiber baby!All content will be updated virtually.Tim

MS Flight will be on the cloud. So...increase your bandwidth at home, fiber baby!All content will be updated virtually.Tim
Well that's me out of it then.:(

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

No, wait!!! Where did he prove that this is true? He's just trying to create sad information to get people uninterested. Not going to work!!!!! MS Flight will not be a cloud game.:(

Brandon Filer

Me too Ray. I'm already paying C$52 per month for High Speed Internet- and it takes an average of 10+ seconds to flip from one AVSIM forum page/thread/topic to another. Slow!! (No difference any time of day.)(Here on the West Coast, however, I can access Bloomberg News, from New York? in 1 or 2 seconds each page.)If an internet based MS Flight was as slow as AVSIM, I would expect it would be DOA. And there are many places in this world where things are a lot slower!Alex Reid

MS Flight will be on the cloud. So...increase your bandwidth at home, fiber baby!
Really? Somehow from what I have read in all the press releases I have missed the part that said that. Please point me to a link where it says it will be on a cloud.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest veeray
Me too Ray. I'm already paying C$52 per month for High Speed Internet- and it takes an average of 10+ seconds to flip from one AVSIM forum page/thread/topic to another. Slow!! (No difference any time of day.)(Here on the West Coast, however, I can access Bloomberg News, from New York? in 1 or 2 seconds each page.)If an internet based MS Flight was as slow as AVSIM, I would expect it would be DOA. And there are many places in this world where things are a lot slower!Alex Reid
Takes half a second here... I guess the west coast just has bad internet...

Alex,That sounds expensive. The problem with this proposed simulator is that you have no idea how much data needs to be downloaded each time you start it up and during a flight. And there's no mention of ongoing cost. When you buy FS9 or FSX you know what you're getting and there's no obligation to go online to enjoy the simulator.This new idea from Microsoft where you presumably pay as you fly has a lot of questions to be answered before people will sign up. And what of 3rd party addons? Those are what makes FS special.The introductory videos were virtually useless.
No, wait!!! Where did he prove that this is true? He's just trying to create sad information to get people uninterested. Not going to work!!!!! MS Flight will not be a cloud game.:(
It sounds like it to me. Perhaps you can provide information that shows it won't be.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I highly doubt that Flight! will be an online only program. I have a Windows Live game already called Dirt2. It doesn't require that I only play online with other people, but it does store my progress and has achievements that can be seen by other players. Playstation Network also doesn't require online only gameplay. It does the same thing with achievements and trophies for meeting certain goals in your single player gameplay.I personally think it would be pretty cool. I'd love to see a "50knot gusting crosswind perfect landing" achievement, etc..Just my two cents.

I'm sure in the fullness of time Microsoft will release all the details. I occasionally play Championship Manager (a football management game) which requires on-line connection. I don't see the point when I just want to manage my own team with no input from anyone else.The same applies to Flight. I don't want to 'see' other user's aircraft. I want to see other aircraft that match real-world schedules. Each to their own I suppose.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Come on. Be real guys. You can't make a flight sim for enthusiasts work on a browser. It just doesn't work. It's replacing the FS series. It can't possibly be a cloud game.

Brandon Filer

Takes half a second here... I guess the west coast just has bad internet...
veeray- seems to be primarily AVSIM that is so slow. But a website across the continent in New York- (Bloomberg News)is almost instantaneous here - as are most sites.Alex Reid

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.