Sign in to follow this  
jeffarmy771

The best tower?

It looks like I am going to need a new tower. IYO what is the best tower for cooling? It also needs to be able to fit 2 GTX 480 Fermi's in SLI.Thanks for the help in advance!!

I had the antec 900...nice case but it got stuffy with 2 8800gts in sli...so when I built the comp. that I currently have I went with an antec 1200. It's a bigger version of the 900 and it has a lot more ventilation and it fits the 480gtx I have perfectly.

I had the antec 900...nice case but it got stuffy with 2 8800gts in sli...so when I built the comp. that I currently have I went with an antec 1200. It's a bigger version of the 900 and it has a lot more ventilation and it fits the 480gtx I have perfectly.
I concur, I also have the 1200 and its immense. Super cool if you fill it with silent fans!!

Guest wims

I own an Antec 900, and it is pretty bad in my opinion. It does not have holes in the motherboard backplate for easy stowing away of cables, so the airflow in the case gets pretty bad. The casefans are noisy and they have neon LEDs. The case is barely wide enough to fit a Noctua nh-u12p, that is if you dont use a sidepanel fan. There's no dust filters over the fans, so you will end up with alot of dust inside the case and you basically have to detatch your cpu cooler every now and then to clean out all the dust.

This one all the wayhttp://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=2700holds both my 480 and 295, water cooling, 6 drives and still enough room to host a partyJack C

See I never really liked that case because it seemed too stuffy...not enough open holes. But then again I'm very much biased towards my 1200 because it does a great job.Plus you have enough capacity to fit 9 drives directly cooled by a fan. Three graphics cards a huge cpu cooler...etc.

I have the 900 also and it never gets stuffy. I have the best airflow I ever got in a case in that but also helps when you use the right amount of fans and not over do it. The main thing in mine is the sideway blowing CPU cooler that I installed in mine, it made a world of difference. I have a GTX295 and GTX260 and tons of other things crammed in as well with no issue. If you build your own comps it doesn't take much to reroute your cables, in fact the last 15+ comps that I've built for people have been this case. I never tried the 1200 but looks like a good'n too. Just know that a bigger case doesn't mean better cooling, even with more fans. The more important thing is having the proper flow which is as important a tweak as anything else.There are other cases similar to the 900 but the most important aspect this case has that I wouldn't live without is a top (roof) blower. Oh, and keep it where it can properly vent itself. I see so many so called experts with there $7k comps, stuck inside a desk, or backed tight up against a wall.I actually need to build my brother in law a comp soon and will be once again getting this case.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

CoolerMaster HAF X has a great airflow, although I prefer the more classical design of the ATSC 840. Usually these high level cases can support a good radiator for water cooling, I´d recommend that.

I never had the stuffiness either (I only have one GPU though). As far as airflow I have an AMD Phenom II 965 black edition (95W) overclocked to 3.75 GHz and the thing never gets above 110F under load, it idles at about 93F.

I have been comparing the Antec 900, 1200, and the Colermaster HAF X, and I think I am going to go with the Coolermaster, I'll let you guys know how it works out, and also how my first homebulit runs!! When you see my signature change in a couple of weeks you'll know I did it!!!Big%20Grin.gif

Guest wims

Corsair obsidian series is very, very good, but its a bit more expensive than antec 900s. Also it might cool 1-2c worse than the 900, but all the other features makes up for it and more imo. Oh, and it looks absolutely ace as well!

I have been comparing the Antec 900, 1200, and the Colermaster HAF X, and I think I am going to go with the Coolermaster, I'll let you guys know how it works out, and also how my first homebulit runs!! When you see my signature change in a couple of weeks you'll know I did it!!!Big%20Grin.gif
Good luck Jeff, look forward to seeing how it turns out. What upgrades are you planning?