Sign in to follow this  
johnw2010

HTAI Models

Hey All,Was just trying to install the new Ultimate GA package and noticed that HTAI Models has vanished from the web completely. I was looking for the B1900D base package.Anyone know if it moved?? Or have the base packaged been put somwehere else?

Hey All,Was just trying to install the new Ultimate GA package and noticed that HTAI Models has vanished from the web completely. I was looking for the B1900D base package.Anyone know if it moved?? Or have the base packaged been put somwehere else?
htaimodels.com has been AWOL for several days now - hope it is just an "end of the month" thing and that it will be back online soon.This sometimes happens when the paid for band width has expired before the end of the month and payment for renewal has been not been received.Sure hope that is all there is to it.

I hope thats the case too...It could very well make sense if a lot of people have decided to go with the excellent new ultimate GA package. So you may well be correct.If not then ill seriously miss the models, though I suspect some are lurking in repaints over on fs.com and here. I managed to find the Beech1900d in a WOAI package after looking up what airlines had them. Still for the UGA fans....big loss if it doesnt resurface...even more so for the UGA team who link to HT's page a lot.

I think maybe Henry got pretty burned with the fantastic single engine Cessna payware package that he released years ago. Since then he hasn't done anything new and I've often wondered if his stuff got pirated and it just took the joy of what he did out of him. He has not been active on his own forum for a very long time, though when I wrote on a support issue he answered immediately and was wonderfully helpful. IMHO he is a true FS hero and like so many of them, never really got the encouragement and support they so richly deserve. I would love to see AVSIM have an award that honored people like Henry who have given so much to the community. I would contribute $$$ to it in a flash.But I'm not going to hold my breath. A few years ago a major freeware producer announced he was quitting. I wrote to AVSIM to suggest that they release a news item about it and say thanks for all this person had contributed. The request was turned down. It really ticked me off - they will print any PR blurb that any payware producer puts out but not say thank you to someone who had contributed dozens of great freeware products! :( I better go get some coffee - I must be having a grumpy moment! :(

I think maybe Henry got pretty burned with the fantastic single engine Cessna payware package that he released years ago. Since then he hasn't done anything new and I've often wondered if his stuff got pirated and it just took the joy of what he did out of him. He has not been active on his own forum for a very long time, though when I wrote on a support issue he answered immediately and was wonderfully helpful. IMHO he is a true FS hero and like so many of them, never really got the encouragement and support they so richly deserve. I would love to see AVSIM have an award that honored people like Henry who have given so much to the community. I would contribute $$$ to it in a flash.But I'm not going to hold my breath. A few years ago a major freeware producer announced he was quitting. I wrote to AVSIM to suggest that they release a news item about it and say thanks for all this person had contributed. The request was turned down. It really ticked me off - they will print any PR blurb that any payware producer puts out but not say thank you to someone who had contributed dozens of great freeware products! :( I better go get some coffee - I must be having a grumpy moment! :(
Couldn's agree more, some respect to the freeware developers is definately due. I have contributes back about 4 or 5 flightplans in my time for the I dare not say how many repaints etc I have downloaded from the likes of here and avsim.Heres hoping the site comes back online. If not, then big big loss.

Guest Coneman

I had high hopes for the Piper package, but am grateful for what he did, which totally transformed the GA side of things in FS. Thank you Henry.

Still gone today . . . . . . . Henry was hosting Dee Waldron's AI models, too. Now they're all gone. Many thanks to both for their work.

Schnelle Autos, schöne Frauen und deutsches Bier !

"Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

A huge loss. I am constantly amazed at how Henry could produce such detailed AI aircraft that are also amazingly FPS friendly. If you ever read this Henry - thanks for all you gave us... Your C130's and F16's and Kingairs and Cessnas etc. will be flying the virtual skies for a very long time...

Apparantly some of the paintkits loaded to avsim have the original models. But not all of them and of course not all the models paintkits are available.a whois search revealed:Domain Name: HTAIMODELS.COMRegistrar: TDomain Name: HTAIMODELS.COMRegistrar: TUCOWS INC.Whois Server: whois.tucows.comReferral URL: http://domainhelp.opensrs.netName Server: NS2.POWWEB.COMName Server: NS3.POWWEB.COMStatus: redemptionPeriodUpdated Date: 23-oct-2010Creation Date: 12-sep-2005Expiration Date: 12-sep-2010Therefore, I would suggest that if it is to be renewed at that URL it has to happen in the next 25 days or so.Big shame, but guess if your paying for a domain and your love for the hobby goes you would not keep on paying.Thanks for the work and time you put in to models so far Hanry, as Kiwiflyer said...man of your models will be flying in sims for a long time.

Hi JohnBase model included in this file, go here:http://library.avsim...aia&DLID=122690RegardsKym Burton

Couldn's agree more, some respect to the freeware developers is definately due. I have contributes back about 4 or 5 flightplans in my time for the I dare not say how many repaints etc I have downloaded from the likes of here and avsim.Heres hoping the site comes back online. If not, then big big loss.
While there are several repaints that include the model, the only ones I know come from Tom Tiedman, and AFAIK they are all pirated versions since they are made flyable without prior permission. Others that make Henry's models flyable are considerably pirates as well. It's a good thing that Mike Pearson's repaints for his military models are textures only, as well as most of the other repaints. And although I did once appreciate Henry's move to the payware market, getting his aircraft for FREE was especially the golden medal, as it was easier to grab repaints for them. Dave.

World of AI packages use the HTAI models as well. Models are delivered with the packages.Same goes for MAIW packages.

This site also contained some of the Dee Waldron models. There are several new repaints of the 707-320 in the file library, but I'm unable to find the model. Anyone know of any other sites for Dee's models as well.What a shame...these were/are some really nice AI models.gary