Sign in to follow this  

Hi all,Some help appreciated!Upgraded my GPU driver to 260.99 and applied some suggested settings to the Nvidia Inspector for FSX (NickN's). The problem is that I receive small blurries in the terrain textures. They are not clear. Also the fonts in the cockpit instruments and the screen messages (FPS, brakes etc) appear not clear and are almost difficult to read.Previously I had the nhancer settings with my older driver and had a much clearer picture.Any suggestion?Thanks,Christos

Hi all,Some help appreciated!Upgraded my GPU driver to 260.99 and applied some suggested settings to the Nvidia Inspector for FSX (NickN's). The problem is that I receive small blurries in the terrain textures. They are not clear. Also the fonts in the cockpit instruments and the screen messages (FPS, brakes etc) appear not clear and are almost difficult to read.Previously I had the nhancer settings with my older driver and had a much clearer picture.Any suggestion?Thanks,Christos
Yes these drivers are definitely different.Try doing a clean install and don't set any nvidia driver settings except for set single gpu performance mode and 0 frames ahead an no tripe buffering.. Set AA on in game and anisotropic filtering in game. I also set my texture load size to 2048.   Fly - are the blurries gone.?  Then use nVidia enhancer 1.93 to set as better AA mode.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Try the 257.15 set and your land textures will be crisp and sharp. You can even take your LOD to 6.5 Also, you might want to read this:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/312966-a-day-of-comparing-driversand-the-verdict-is/

Hi,It figures that the 257.15 drivers are the best, they don't support surround and that's what I need for three displays.Just my luck, guess I'll keep using 260.99 until something better comes along that supports surround.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Thanks guys for your help but blurries are still there. Any ideas? I tried following:- Installed the 257.15 but same problem.- Switched back to my old driver 191.07 together with Nick's nhancer settings. Problem still there although this was exactly the combination/settting I had at the beginning without any problem !!!- Made again a clean install of 260.99 together with Nick's nv inspecton settins. Same problem.Could maybe something more general have been affected outside FSX which creates the problem?Even in the opening screen when selecting aircraft, weather etc fonts are not clear as they used to be. Their edges are "eaten up". Within FSX screen messages create a shadow to the right and down of the letters. FMC fonts are not clear... Cockpits textures are not clear.Just explaining to you what I see. Maybe you come to an idea what might help.Question: Where do I set the LOD?Thanks, Christos

Thanks guys for your help but blurries are still there. Any ideas? I tried following:- Installed the 257.15 but same problem.- Switched back to my old driver 191.07 together with Nick's nhancer settings. Problem still there although this was exactly the combination/settting I had at the beginning without any problem !!!- Made again a clean install of 260.99 together with Nick's nv inspecton settins. Same problem.Could maybe something more general have been affected outside FSX which creates the problem?Even in the opening screen when selecting aircraft, weather etc fonts are not clear as they used to be. Their edges are "eaten up". Within FSX screen messages create a shadow to the right and down of the letters. FMC fonts are not clear... Cockpits textures are not clear.Just explaining to you what I see. Maybe you come to an idea what might help.Question: Where do I set the LOD?Thanks, Christos
What antialias AA are you using? If you have been following Nick's settings, you would be using 8XS which renders the red slightly blurred. However that is a good setting for reduced shimmers. What was your AA setting with the old drivers?Pierre

Pierre

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Christos, here is where it is, under TERRAIN in your FSX.cfgHere is my entire TERRAIN as I use it:[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=600LOD_RADIUS=6.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=25TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29AUTOGEN_DENSITY=4DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=5

Thanks again for your suggestion guys but the blurries problem seem to be more general.Fonts are not clear, like "eaten up" at the edges even in the opening FSX menu, in the dropdown menus and even outside FSX.This problem appeared immediately after installing the new driver and does not go away no matter to which driver I switch now.To pierre: Yes, I use 8XS. (Inside FSX, AA unticked and Trilinear)To Sespuashtoo: I have exactly the same settings except LOD which is 4.500000Christos

did you try setting your filtering to anisotropic as jja suggested? because the blurs in the fonts and in the textures are probably two different issues. The fonts because of the increased AA (not an problem of course) and the textures are probably blurry because there's no AF.

Thanks again for your suggestion guys but the blurries problem seem to be more general.Fonts are not clear, like "eaten up" at the edges even in the opening FSX menu, in the dropdown menus and even outside FSX.This problem appeared immediately after installing the new driver and does not go away no matter to which driver I switch now.To pierre: Yes, I use 8XS. (Inside FSX, AA unticked and Trilinear)To Sespuashtoo: I have exactly the same settings except LOD which is 4.500000Christos

Guest freebird77

Maybe this -->most of the time if you do a clean type of install or anyother change that results in re-setting the Nvidia display driver default, it will revert back to a mid LOD (roughly driver LOD 0.4) for texture display of DirectX coded games. To change that, go into the the driver settings and adjust the performance-Quality display to the highest-quality (LOD 0.0), save and exit, then restart the sim. Again, this is not the same as in game LOD, this is in the driver and accessed thru the Nvidia CP.

Can you use Nvidia Inspector with 257.15?
You sure can. Also, there is an update for Nvidia Inspector that is out right now.
did you try setting your filtering to anisotropic as jja suggested? because the blurs in the fonts and in the textures are probably two different issues. The fonts because of the increased AA (not an problem of course) and the textures are probably blurry because there's no AF.
Christos, try it at 6.5 and also at 7.5. See if there is any improvement.Cheers!

Tried all your settings guys but nothing helped.Only jjja's suggestion helped somewhat, made fonts a clearer (not completely clear)but on the other hand the terrain texture was as if FS2000 !!!Thanks,Christos

Guest freebird77
Tried all your settings guys but nothing helped.Only jjja's suggestion helped somewhat, made fonts a clearer (not completely clear)but on the other hand the terrain texture was as if FS2000 !!!Thanks,Christos
And what is your driver control panel setting for "Texture filtering quality"?