Sign in to follow this  
LTCSZ

Engines Won't Start!

All of a sudden, none of the engines on any of my planes will start...They crank, but won't actually start...I have checked everything I know to check...Calibrated my controls...All master switches are on, there's fuel in the planes, but they just won't start...Help will be appreciated...I have loaded stock flights and the engines still quit...At wit's end! Thanks!Steve

Steve

7 Miles NW of KGCK

All of a sudden, none of the engines on any of my planes will start...They crank, but won't actually start...I have checked everything I know to check...Calibrated my controls...All master switches are on, there's fuel in the planes, but they just won't start...Help will be appreciated...I have loaded stock flights and the engines still quit...At wit's end! Thanks!Steve
HI Steve,Did you make any changes to FSX... addon's, .cfg changes?Have you tried the keyboard shortcut, CTRL + E

\Robert Hamlich/

It is an engine mixture problem. The default flight has a cessna. If you start the default flight and then change aircraft to one that doesn't have a mixture lever, the engines will not start.

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

I'd also check this...The default Cessna (high-wing) has two fuel valves: “Left Both Right” and an “On Off" valve.Other aircraft (like low-wing) have just one valve, like “Off Left Right Off”As I recall, a default flight saved with the “Fuel Control Switch” set OFF can cause this problem.You end up loading aircraft that don't have a second valve with the fuel cut out…and no easy way to switch it ON.

I'd also check this...The default Cessna (high-wing) has two fuel valves: “Left Both Right” and an “On Off" valve.Other aircraft (like low-wing) have just one valve, like “Off Left Right Off”As I recall, a default flight saved with the “Fuel Control Switch” set OFF can cause this problem.You end up loading aircraft that don't have a second valve with the fuel cut out…and no easy way to switch it ON.
Restart the sim usually works. Don

SteveI was wondering if you got this problem solved.I am having the same problem. None of my planes will start. They turnover, then quit. The RPM's go up for a second then return to zero.I've rebuilt the FSX config and even resorted to deleting and reinstalling FSX. My mixture control is full in.A respondent to your problem suggested just to restart FSX, but this doesn't work for me. Im flying only the default Cessna 172 now.Any other suggestions out there?Larry B

SteveI was wondering if you got this problem solved.I am having the same problem. None of my planes will start. They turnover, then quit. The RPM's go up for a second then return to zero.I've rebuilt the FSX config and even resorted to deleting and reinstalling FSX. My mixture control is full in.A respondent to your problem suggested just to restart FSX, but this doesn't work for me. Im flying only the default Cessna 172 now.Any other suggestions out there?Larry B
I fixed this problem by doing a repair from the acceleration disk.

Guest 413X3

remove your fsx.cfg file, move it to the desktop. That way you will start over with a new default flight, it's probably something like a fuel cutoff valve stuck in the off position.

I had this problem, and looked up online on how to fix it, which is why I stumbled across this thread. I know that this may make me look like a dumba$$, but I realized, after a while of worrying that I would crash, that I was actually out of fuel, thanks to my Virtual Airline miscalculating the required fuel for my trip.

Just make sure that your not out of fuel.

That's just my 2 cents of info.  Hope it helps. 

The op problem is  that he  cant  start his  engines   not  engines  dying  on him,( he  stated  hes  got fuel on board as well)  going on the other posters  about the default  aircraft being the Cessna  which I have,    and I have no troubles,   and I got the Cessna  in a cold  and  dark state with  everything off.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg