Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Automated Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX

I'll try experimenting by substitution! One note, it is not AI that's affected, rather it's the plane I'm actually flying that disappears while watching it from tower view. Thanks, bojote!

I would be most interested in knowing exactly 'what' tweak is causing this!! you are the first person to ever report this and the tweak tool is used by hundreds each day.If you discover which tweak is causing the 'dissapearance' of AI I'll give you access to the secret V.I.P tweak page.

I have this issue, too: watching from the tower - if I run an aircraft, say the Christen Eagle in a sweep down toward the runway, as if doing an airshow run in - there's just a moving dot in the sky - which suddenly becomes the Eagle. When the loop or whatever is complete and we move off the airfield it does the disappearing act again. Now - I don't think this is the result of one of your fixes at all, ******* - mine has done this for a while - it didn't used to do it - and I'm not sure whether it's a slider, or a graphics setting that's causing it. It might be the result of us moving into new territory, with the sliders pushed into the 1m & 7cm regions of the terrain and water settings. We never went there before. I went from the 9800GTX, EAH5870, and now to the GTX580. I'm interested to know that others too have this issue. I'll start playing. Tomorrow.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I found the problem (at least in my case). Not sure if this is one of your tweaks, bojote. But I'm not sure how it got there if it isn't. Here's the line, in the SCENERY section:SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0If I remove that one line, everything is fine.

I have this issue, too: watching from the tower - if I run an aircraft, say the Christen Eagle in a sweep down toward the runway, as if doing an airshow run in - there's just a moving dot in the sky - which suddenly becomes the Eagle. When the loop or whatever is complete and we move off the airfield it does the disappearing act again. Now - I don't think this is the result of one of your fixes at all, ******* - mine has done this for a while - it didn't used to do it - and I'm not sure whether it's a slider, or a graphics setting that's causing it. It might be the result of us moving into new territory, with the sliders pushed into the 1m & 7cm regions of the terrain and water settings. We never went there before. I went from the 9800GTX, EAH5870, and now to the GTX580. I'm interested to know that others too have this issue. I'll start playing. Tomorrow.

I found the problem (at least in my case). Not sure if this is one of your tweaks, bojote. But I'm not sure how it got there if it isn't. Here's the line, in the SCENERY section:SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0If I remove that one line, everything is fine.
Now send me your 'detailed' specs, every detail! also your fsx.cfg and I'll add my secret lines to it. Please, send me a PM with the info. If you wish, test a lot, and tweak your sim to the point you are perfectly happy with it, then tell me which things you would like to make better.I need you to also tell me your flying preferences (airliners/GA) and if you favor performance over blurries, or prefer cristal clear scenery at the expense of performance.

Guest PFL

Bojote, You didn't answer...The "small part reject" tweak is yours right?To my ultra-limited knowledge, this tweak is responsible for the sudden appearance/disappearance of the aircraft, or trees, or houses etc.

Bojote, You didn't answer...The "small part reject" tweak is yours right?To my ultra-limited knowledge, this tweak is responsible for the sudden appearance/disappearance of the aircraft, or trees, or houses etc.
I don't think I 'own' any tweaks :) if by 'owning it' you mean discovering it, then no. The small part reject has been around a long time. Not sure who published about it first.

I don't think I 'own' any tweaks :) if by 'owning it' you mean discovering it, then no. The small part reject has been around a long time. Not sure who published about it first.
What's the thought on this particular tweak? I was recently called out on it's use, and frankly I don't remember why I'm even using it anymore.

- Aaron

"also your fsx.cfg and I'll add my secret lines to it."Secret lines??? *******,you shouldn`t have secrets you don`t share with us!Michael

Okay! I'll do this tonight when I get home from work. Thanks!

Now send me your 'detailed' specs, every detail! also your fsx.cfg and I'll add my secret lines to it. Please, send me a PM with the info. If you wish, test a lot, and tweak your sim to the point you are perfectly happy with it, then tell me which things you would like to make better.I need you to also tell me your flying preferences (airliners/GA) and if you favor performance over blurries, or prefer cristal clear scenery at the expense of performance.

"also your fsx.cfg and I'll add my secret lines to it."Secret lines??? *******,you shouldn`t have secrets you don`t share with us!Michael
lol ;) don't worry, nothing ground breaking. It's just something I want to offer to those who have donated to show my appreciation.

lol ;) don't worry, nothing ground breaking. It's just something I want to offer to those who have donated to show my appreciation.
Hi *******,you`re absolutely right.Now i`m a bit ashamed.Without all your work my FSX experience would be an other.Off to donate.Michael

So it is now a pay product! Typicall FSX. "Well make it work but you have to pay for it."I have no problems paying for such things. But I'm a FS2004 er
Not a bad idea ;) but no.. The Tweaking tool is not a pay product, is totally free. You don't need to pay a dime to use it, *BUT* it is UNFAIR not to offer 'something' to those who kindly donated, don't you think? It's just a way of saying 'Thank You'. BTW, I just installed FS2004 on my laptop. I want to see if there are any hidden tweaks that can be used to improve performance. But it will take a while, priority is FSX and there is 'always' something new that comes up.

SmallPartRejectRadius=4.0 fixed it, *******. I'm able to watch aerobatics from the tower now.

The Tweaking tool is not a pay product, is totally free. You don't need to pay a dime to use it, *BUT* it is UNFAIR not to offer 'something' to those who kindly donated, don't you think? It's just a way of saying 'Thank You'.
Torkermax:-
So it is now a pay product! Typicall FSX. "Well make it work but you have to pay for it."
It's the membership here that has the long-time free benefit of his *******'s hard work, pal. I've been simming for darn' near 25 years, and I can't think of anyone else who has given so much to this hobby. No-one. His research has been fully voluntary, with help in testing from a number of the Avsim members. If someone wants to donate they will - nobody is forcing them. And, of course - no-one has to use his tweaks, the tool, or even participate in his research. ...and it's not "typical of FSX" - whatever that means. It's a game, and it cost about $50 - a movie show for two.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

You don't need to pay a dime to use it, *BUT* it is UNFAIR not to offer 'something' to those who kindly donated, don't you think? It's just a way of saying 'Thank You'.
*******, I don't question your decisions and your viewpoints and I even donated some time ago, but I think that the biggest and best contribution to a community would be to stay free in service and free of secrets.Yes, the incentive would be increased to donate if some extra info is promised (and later given), but the very nice and honorable character of a donation was and still should be that it does not come with a bonus of any kind.I would absolutely understand if your new or secret stuff is shared in a somehow smaller circle of people, but they shouldn't get dived by money but by skill or devotion to investigate and test things. So, to make myself clear, I don't see it as somehow unfair if I don't get more than a guy using your service without donating to it. We are talking about donations here, not payments. I never had some kind of trade in mind when actually donating, I just thought that your efforts around here should be honored with some small amount transfered and some words in the forums itself, that's all.Seeing some guys jumping on with sentences like "ok, I will donate now" gives this thing a wrong direction, as they seem to look for those secrets now while don't seeing your efforts before. This might pay out of course, but I don't have the impression that you are on guy looking for money.The best way to actually say "thanks" would be (in my eyes) to just continue as before, with all those efforts and all those informations for all guys around, donators or not, since this was the image the people donated for.

Guest PFL

Well, I haven't donated and I don't intend too, these tweaks works for some, and for others it creates "FSX havoc"!So let's get this into perspective, it's a game, a hobby, and the latest posts from Bojote about payment, and the access to "secrets" that way, reminds me of a cult I learned about many moons ago!Scientology is the name, and it's the ugliest game in the world...Please keep our hobby free from this, thanks!