Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Automated Tweaking and Tuning tool for FSX

Hi bro,

I just tweaked the Prepar3d.cfg file but I noticed that when I select the download link to get the new tweaked file, its coming back as fsx.cfg. Do I just rename it to prepar3d.cfg or is there another place to download the right one?

Thanks for all you do by the way.

Patrick

Been a bit out of the loop lately, My compuiter died, I negleted it for many years and it burnt the GC and part of the CPU, Too expensive to have it repaired.( Dust Everywhere) :(

I bought a usd rig. Dell Vostro 220

Dual Core E 6300 @2.8 Ghz ".79

3.00GB; Nvidia Ge Force 7600 GS

It been giving me better results thna my old machine,But now I have a long time loading problem it can take up to 20 secs before Loading Terrain Textures(21 secs) for the bar to beggin to run(1m 30secs)to on cockpit everything is Aok

Regarding the Bojote error "not recognized as a valid fsg.cfg file," after many tries, It finally returned a tweaked fsx.cfg & recommendations. I have Win7 64-bit & use Firefox. Because of ownership & permission levels in Win7, I had to use the "hidden administrator account." Turn Windows Firewall off temporarily, along with whatever antivirus program you have (in my case-Avast Web Shield & Firewall). Use Internet Explorer (64-bit) + a fairly fresh fsx.cfg installed from the 3 FSX discs. I also have to use the hidden admin. acct. when using Byteforge/Joe Stearns' AddIt Pro for FSX. Hope this helps.

I used this tool and now all my aircraft panels have blurries. Please how to get it back to the original state which worked great!! I have attahed an example of what the problem is

Please help

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed. Exceeds 1600W policy limit.

Can you check your FSX options? On that aircraft tab, there's one which allows a high-resolution 3-D virtual cockpit. Enable it, if not having done so already. Also, check if the slider for the global texture resolution is set all the way to the right, means very high. That's on the graphics tab.

If all of those are in place, the plane should come up normal. The NGX features a reduced texture set via the config tool, but I guess you've installed the normal one and just struggle with the FSX settings.

If everything fails, just use your backup fsx.cfg and replace the one the tweak tool generated. If you haven't made a backup, you can download your old file via that link given in your new fsx.cfg. Scroll all the way up, that text gives you a link.

Hoping it helps. :smile:

Where/how do I find the fsx.CFG File ?

(I have received the tweaked file, but now need to replace the present one. )

TIA

BuzzyB

(I have unhidden the files and folders to try to find the FSX.cfg file, but all I can find is the one you sent back to me after all the changes )

Cheers

BuzzyB

(I have unhidden the files and folders to try to find the FSX.cfg file, but all I can find is the one you sent back to me after all the changes )

Cheers

BuzzyB

Yes, that's it. You're all set to go. Just start up FSX and go fly. Bojote's tweak saves a copy of your orig fsx.cfg so that you can go back if his tweaked config does not work.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

G'day Jim,

(I tried to "reply" to your reply, but that didn't seem to work, so here goes again )

Thanks for your reply.

I have since, by accident, found both the tweaked fsx.cfg and the saved original back-up fsx.cfg file in my Downloads, but I don't recall downloading them; are they downloaded and installed automatically ?

If for some reason I don't like the tweaked fsx.cfg file, how do I go back to the original ? I can't see it anywhere in the FSX root directory - where do I find it ?

On a related subject; where do I instal the "external" frame limiter ? In the FSX root directory ? Any particular category ?

Sorry to be so dumb, but I have to start somewhere !

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

David

Concerning the backup the site sets up for you.

A backup copy of your original fsx.CFG file was saved here and will be kept for a period of 24 hours.

So, after that 24h limit, your only backup may be the one you've saved.

To find, edit and replace the active fsx.cfg the sim uses, head for C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. Any fsx.cfg outside of that folder is disregarded by FSX. So that's the one that counts and you have to manually replace the file. The site doesn't do this for you.

If you would ever run into trouble with using the tweaked cfg use the backup or just delete the current fsx.cfg. The latter leads to FSX generating a new one on the next start.

On the external frame limiter, you have some options to pick. With Nvidia cards, you can limit the fps via the driver. Then there's an external limiter running via a batch file, which you can install anywhere you want, but you have to configure that file so that the fsx.exe is found. And there's another limiter, replacing a directx dll by placing a special one in the FSX folder.

I'd recommend the fps limit via the Nvidia driver. It's the safest, easiest and most 'complying with the standard' way. It also works very good and reliable. If you scroll down the first post here, you'll get some descriptions on how to use that method. http://forum.avsim.n...f-all-settings/

Hoping it helps.

G'day CoolP

Thanks for your help

With your advice, I found the fsx.cfg file and, of course, it hadn't been changed, so I changed it to the tweaked one, which certainly helped frame rate. (no external fps limiter- fsx set to unlimited ),

A couple more questions: accompanying the tweaks was their own suggested external frame limiter - should I use that ?

At present, I'm using an Nvidia GT 430, which is doing (now ) a remarkable job, but I've just bought a XFX Radeon HD 7770, which I'm hoping should be even better - what external fps limiter should I use with that ?

A minor problem : since installing the tweaked fsx.cfg, my GPS can't keep up with the track when I make even a slight ( ~30 deg ) and takes several minutes to catch up - any suggestions?

Thanks again

David

I know everyone says not to run unlimited

I think one has to differentiate. The actual tip on gaining fps is to set the internal FSX limiter to unlimited. This leads to some improvement but may also cause blurry textures or even a 'stalled' GPU. So you can pick an external limiter to e.g. cut at 30 frames per second and avoid those symptoms while still receiving a fps gain.

I would use the Nvidia driver setting if available or, when using other cards, stick to one of the options like the batch file based limiter or the altered direct x file. Here's a later topic discussion those options. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/369635-fps-limiter-0-2/

Now another option of course is to still use the normal FSX limiter. I think Word Not Allowed recommends this, together with some other steps, to ensure a smoother impression. One should test which solution works best on the system in use.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely look into this further. So far using the built in FSX limiter had been slower in every case vs unlimited but I'm curious to run the tests with an external limiter.

I've always run with the built in limiter but was surprised recently when I started testing to see results opposite of what I expected. I've read about potential smoothness issues or stutters running unlimited but it either isn't happening for me or I can't perceive it. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.