Sign in to follow this  
jay907uk

PMDG 747 & FSINN

Hi,I read in the PMDG 747 FAQ section that FSCrew conflicts with FSInn, I know this was posted in September 2006 but wondered does FSCrew still cause this problem? Or has this been sorted ? And if not do I need to uninstall FSInn still ? or what do I do?And I'm thinking of purchasing the PMDG 747 Combi and MD-11 Combi aswell as PMDG 737-6/7/8/9 edition would be grateful for any responses as? Are the others ok with FSInn? MD-11 ? I do most of my flying online with VATSIM and using FSINN and this has got me concerned as to buying this product since reading that? Sorry for all the questions :( And does it work ok with Windows 7 64bit home edition aswell?Kind ReagrdsJason Thompson

Jason Thompson

Hi,I read in the PMDG 747 FAQ section that FSCrew conflicts with FSInn, I know this was posted in September 2006 but wondered does FSCrew still cause this problem? Or has this been sorted ? And if not do I need to uninstall FSInn still ? or what do I do?And I'm thinking of purchasing the PMDG 747 Combi and MD-11 Combi aswell as PMDG 737-6/7/8/9 edition would be grateful for any responses as? Are the others ok with FSInn? MD-11 ? I do most of my flying online with VATSIM and using FSINN and this has got me concerned as to buying this product since reading that? Sorry for all the questions :( And does it work ok with Windows 7 64bit home edition aswell?Kind ReagrdsJason Thompson
Hi Jason,Why not use Squawkbox?FSINN has caused problems with numerous add-ons. I personally don't recommend using it either way.I haven't tried the latest build of FSINN with FS2Crew, so I can't comment personally.Perhaps someone else can.Best,

I know this is an "older" topic, but on the subject of FSINN -With FSINN I don't have to select from a stupid list that doesn't include half the aircraft I fly and setup a new profile for EVERY aircraft I use. With FSINN I don't get those stupid "paper airplanes" because FSINN actually uses my own aircraft library beyond the very limited MPP packages so that I can not only see the right type of aircraft, but I can even see the specific aircraft a friend is flying during fly-ins. Additionally, I can port other direct connect programs through FSINN. I can't do that with Squawkbox, so there's no chance at ever having direct connect and flying formation while using Squawkbox online. Being as that is an important part of my online flying - I can't see moving away from it just for FS2Crew, which kills me becuase I really like FS2Crew and didn't realize until I started getting CTD's every time I tried to load it that you guys had introduced a problem in the later versions that didn't exist when I bought it back 4 years ago and never fixed them. :(I really hope you guys will consider, even at this late date, finding a fix for it because even with FSINN no longer in development, it would still be nice to have the two programs "play well" together.

Chris Trott

I know this is an "older" topic, but on the subject of FSINN -With FSINN I don't have to select from a stupid list that doesn't include half the aircraft I fly and setup a new profile for EVERY aircraft I use. With FSINN I don't get those stupid "paper airplanes" because FSINN actually uses my own aircraft library beyond the very limited MPP packages so that I can not only see the right type of aircraft, but I can even see the specific aircraft a friend is flying during fly-ins. Additionally, I can port other direct connect programs through FSINN. I can't do that with Squawkbox, so there's no chance at ever having direct connect and flying formation while using Squawkbox online. Being as that is an important part of my online flying - I can't see moving away from it just for FS2Crew, which kills me becuase I really like FS2Crew and didn't realize until I started getting CTD's every time I tried to load it that you guys had introduced a problem in the later versions that didn't exist when I bought it back 4 years ago and never fixed them. :(I really hope you guys will consider, even at this late date, finding a fix for it because even with FSINN no longer in development, it would still be nice to have the two programs "play well" together.
FSINN has caused numerous problems not just with FS2Crew, but with other addons too.FSINN is no longer in development I'm afraid, and there's not much I can do I'm afraid.Best,