Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

Aerosoft's Andras Field

I was wondering if there was anyway to add Andras Field (EAFS) so i can use RC when flying to/from it. It is a fictional airport and thus i guarantee its not already in the database. More info on the field can be found on the website. Thanks,

I was wondering if there was anyway to add Andras Field (EAFS) so i can use RC when flying to/from it. It is a fictional airport and thus i guarantee its not already in the database. More info on the field can be found on the website. Thanks,
if it is in your scenery files, then rc will pick it up when you click rebuild rc scenery databasejd

Ryan, How do you build a flightplan for it?

NAX669.png

Im trying to use FSCommander but I'm having issues getting the Database Manager to see it. I've posted in Aerosoft's and FSC's forum and we're still trying to sort it out. In the mean time I cheat and file to EDMK and use EAFS as an alternate and divert when im near. Once I get everything sorted with FSC I'll let you know.

Ryan, I'd appreciate that. I'm a plot owner at Andras, and it would be nice to get a little ATC help from time to time.

NAX669.png

Hi Mike,I haven't heard back from aerosoft or FSC on an official fix but after some fiddling of my own, I found one. I copied the AFCAD (af_eafs.bgl) into the Addon Scenery/scenery folder and re-ran the database manager and its now in FSC. Afterwards to make sure there were no conflicts i removed the .bgl from the addon scenery folder and it didn't affect FSC. Keep in mind there is no known way to add NavAids to FSC but you will normally use KPT as the last VOR before heading to the airfield. KPT is also used in the STAR and the IAF for the ILS 9 and 27

Be sure you use makerwys version 4.41 or better. The latest is here:http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs-19th-december-2010/It fixes some scenery priority issues. As always run it via the Rebuild Scenery database button in RC so files get correctly copied and processed to RC's data folder.