Sign in to follow this  
Ray_the_pilot

Passenger vs cargo

Hi Bryan,I have a couple of questions in regards to the Voice Commander version of PMDG 747:1. When it comes to procedures and compatibility, does this works equally well for the cargo version as for the passenger version? Just asking since I tend to use the cargo version the most.2. Does this version still rely on simulated mouseclicks, as the original version did?

I'm only a user of this soft, Ray, but I can tell about some fine working cargo version here. So there's a procedural advantage over the older button based thing.I had another thread about the exact differences on both version in e. g. checklist items. There are none but that's no big deal here. Some things from the list don't apply on the cargo version but their amount is small and the FO doesn't run into problems there. He's a flexible guy. :smile:The technical stuff is better left to Bryan but it looks like it is working like the button based solution in terms of the actual actions. So you will see some mini panels coming up if the FO e. g. turns on the engines for you (Overhead and then Throttles).In my eyes, this is due to the fact that there's no way to drive all switches through direct commands on the old 747. So you can't tell your FO to set a special heading or something but you can tell him to turn the packs off or on. A very nice feature is the FO giving you the descent rate on visual approaches. So there's quite some detail, no doubt about it.While you saw some direct actions on the J41 or Maddog Voice Edition (no popups and e. g. "set heading" is possible), this one goes an older way to drive some switches and the small popups reflect that fact.Shouldn't be a problem though. Just don't switch windows or applications when the FO performs some longer actions.Could you do me a big favor? Please tell Bryan about your big wish on a MD11 Voice Edition to change his mind about it. Big%20Grin.gif

Hi Bryan,I have a couple of questions in regards to the Voice Commander version of PMDG 747:1. When it comes to procedures and compatibility, does this works equally well for the cargo version as for the passenger version? Just asking since I tend to use the cargo version the most.2. Does this version still rely on simulated mouseclicks, as the original version did?
Hi Ray,1. It works fine with the cargo version. Checklists are the same as the pax model, but for the couple pax specific related checklist items such as "cabin clearance" you can just reply "not applicable".Other than that, the procedures are basically the same between the pax/cargo models, except when using a cargo model the FA is disabled. One major difference though is that with the pax models, FS2Crew does control the outer doors. But with the cargo models I decided to leave door handling up to you because there's no real scripted time that cargo doors would open and close like they would in a pax operation.2. Yes, there's no SDK from PMDG for the 747, so it uses mouse clicks and keypresses to get the FO to flip switches on the plane. You can see how it works on the demo video on YouTube.Best,

Thank you Bryan and CoolP. I think I will get this one to my PMDG 747. That will keep me busy until the PMDG 737NGX and its FS2Crew version is released :( Great video by the way, Bryan.