Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

My Vote..Quest Kodiak v2.6

Here's a prime example of erroneous judgement and expectations meeting reality. The Quest Kodiak in actual flight exhibits this precise behavior you're citing as a "bug..."
< OFF TOPIC RANT ON >I hate to pile on here but this seems to happen a lot in this forum. Many "simmer facts" are so off reality that I often scratch my head with amazement (but of course I'm entertained by it). The sad part is that a lot of the complaints that are directed towards developers are based on these false expectations. This will of course go the other way. "Hardcore" simmers here have been defending the flight dynamics of a certain developer when it was blindingly obvious to RW pilots that it was off. To the developers credit it was fixed.< OFF TOPIC RANT OFF>

Here's a prime example of erroneous judgement and expectations meeting reality. The Quest Kodiak in actual flight exhibits this precise behavior you're citing as a "bug..."
Well I am offended by your comment. I have been flying real life for over 26 years, 5 years as a corporate pilot and 21 years with the Air Force. I have 1000 hours teaching on the T-6 Texan II which has significant dihedral which happens to effect it's crosswind qualities, but never experienced a behavior like that.I can understand the positive stability of dihedral but I have never seen it as significant as in the Kodiak in the sim, in which I have to force the ailerons the other way because it wants to stay level, even in a steep turn. The comment above mentions back pressure, that's basic flying lesson 1. He also mentions in a shallow turn the aircrat will want to roll level. It is not worth arguing any further since we will probably never agree but I had to jump in to express my erroneous judgement from a long flying career. Of course I have often seen simmers who know better than RW pilots, one of the reasons I avoid forums.Dan

I hate to sound picky but I can't hide it. Now this has bugged me ever since I bought the AC. I tried to like it but I could not get over the dash where it wraps around the sides. The radius is just not true. With this, the instrument panel where it meets the dash of course looks warped also. I guess I have been spoiled by other AC where they have done it right. That is the only thing negative that I really could not live with. Also there are other bitmaps within the cockpit that were meant to be round but again you get the almost round. You can lay it on me now and tell me how I should just let this part of the AC go and enjoy the aircraft because the rest of it is really nice. Sorry I can't do that.Bob

Have had the Quest Kodiak for a long time and it has been my favorite VFR craft.Received much good advice from Lionheart on tweaks to get the plane set up to my liking.Only real complaint, other than some of the internal view graphics, is that the float plane versions are of no use to me because of no control on start up or landing. A very big let down for flying VFR in all the great coastal scenery packages out now.How do you fly the float models???

I hate to sound picky but I can't hide it. Now this has bugged me ever since I bought the AC. I tried to like it but I could not get over the dash where it wraps around the sides. The radius is just not true. With this, the instrument panel where it meets the dash of course looks warped also. I guess I have been spoiled by other AC where they have done it right. That is the only thing negative that I really could not live with. Also there are other bitmaps within the cockpit that were meant to be round but again you get the almost round. You can lay it on me now and tell me how I should just let this part of the AC go and enjoy the aircraft because the rest of it is really nice. Sorry I can't do that.Bob
HelloIt looks pretty close from the pictures I have seen of the real KodiakClose enough for me anywaySim Vs Real

HelloIt looks pretty close from the pictures I have seen of the real KodiakClose enough for me anywaySim Vs Real
---------------------------------------------------------------------And still is a pleasure to keep flying! This is still my aircraft of choice for most PNW work.... At Tyslos Park Lodge resort when approaching R18, there is a tall hill standing sentinel near the threshold of the strip that makes for a thrills 'n chills landing. You either have to lose altitude very quickly to take to ground...and not plunk into the lake near the lodge buildings and dock, or you have to come in at about a 30 degree angle approaching the R18 towards the threshold, and then jack the tail around so as to be 180 degrees to the landing strip. I've done both many times, and with the extreme drag at flap position 3, you can come in steep after clearing the hill, level off over the threshold, and then notch it from flap 2 to flap 3 and settle right down. Reverse prop...and you are soon heading off the strip towards the main lodge. Great fun..... If there are cross winds that day or low visibility....all the more challenging. P.S. The R18 approach has you coming towards Tyslos from the river side of the lodge property. If you take off from R36, you need to gain altitude and bank right soon after lift-off, or you will become part of that hill for all to see...... It's there in your face quite quickly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------And still is a pleasure to keep flying! This is still my aircraft of choice for most PNW work.... At Tyslos Park Lodge resort when approaching R18, there is a tall hill standing sentinel near the threshold of the strip that makes for a thrills 'n chills landing. You either have to lose altitude very quickly to take to ground...and not plunk into the lake near the lodge buildings and dock, or you have to come in at about a 30 degree angle approaching the R18 towards the threshold, and then jack the tail around so as to be 180 degrees to the landing strip. I've done both many times, and with the extreme drag at flap position 3, you can come in steep after clearing the hill, level off over the threshold, and then notch it from flap 2 to flap 3 and settle right down. Reverse prop...and you are soon heading off the strip towards the main lodge. Great fun..... If there are cross winds that day or low visibility....all the more challenging.P.S. The R18 approach has you coming towards Tyslos from the river side of the lodge property. If you take off from R36, you need to gain altitude and bank right soon after lift-off, or you will become part of that hill for all to see...... It's there in your face quite quickly.
Is this a 172? Talk about short!

I agree, great plane!I've cleaned up the G1000s and the STEC autopilot a bit, for my personal use, so ifyou are really into this airplane, you can send me a PM with your email addressand I'll send you my modified copy.

Bert

Yep, like I said this is was the only issue I could find. I love the rest of the modeling, but when I look at the dash wrap on the edges I just can't live with it. If they just took a little more time.......

Yep, like I said this is was the only issue I could find. I love the rest of the modeling, but when I look at the dash wrap on the edges I just can't live with it. If they just took a little more time.......
Why not just move your seat position a bit and find a spot where it looksmore acceptable to you.. The window frame and the glareshield are twoseparate items and depending on the view angle, it looks more or less "real".

Bert