Sign in to follow this  
Efussander

BSOD

Hi all.Okay....When I started up FSX this morn, this is what happened:After the splash screen comes up, this message appears:"Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program:Name: PMDGSounds Dynamic Link LibraryVersion: 10,0,61355,62Company: PMDGFile: PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dllDo you want to run this software? [Y/N]"Before I could click on anything, a new box came up saying that MFSX has encountered a fatal error.Then before I could click anything there, I get a BSOD and the computer performs a hard shut down.After I restarted and clicked on my FSX shortcut, the same thing occurred. This happens in rapid succession, so fast in fact that the only way I could read what the message said was to take a picture of it.Soo any help would be great, as apparently I cant fly......Thanks!

Anything else installed? Did you install another product recently?EDIT: Too slow.

Here is a list of what I can think of off the top of my head...REXGEXUTXvroute.info PremiumUltimate Traffic XFSDT DFWCS 757 Base PackCS 757 McPhat RepaintsT-45CPMDG J41Carenado SaratogaFeelthere ERJ V2Feelthere CRJ - CrapIRIS F-14IRIS A-10MaddogPMDG MD-11Beechcraft KA-300Tons of other stuff that I'm forgetting....My real list is around 30 addons, but I cant remember them all off the top of my head. I also have some freeware, but I didn't mention any of those in my list.

I seem to remember there being some kind of issue with FeelThere products and DLL files. I'm not sure if it's the problem you're experiencing, but I thought I'd mention it. Hopefully someone else has a better idea.

Before I could click on anything, a new box came up saying that MFSX has encountered a fatal error.Then before I could click anything there, I get a BSOD and the computer performs a hard shut down.
Just to make it clear: neither FSX nor any other user mode application can cause BSOD. I would check drivers and hardware. Update everything - firmware, drivers, etc.

I had the same problem years ago... I cant remember what i did to fix it, but i do remember it was related to my soundcard. I remember it being strange because it was working fine. I think i may have reinstalled the drivers or something. Not sure.Run a Windows Update and see if new drivers are available, or check your manufacturer.

Just to say that I'm getting the same sort of error, but with a completely different dll (squawkbox.dll). And it never used to do that. One thing though, I only get a fatal error but not a BSOD.I'm also getting an error that appeared today which is that I can't turn a single knob in the cockpit. Until I can fix this last problem, I can't fly...

Just to say that I'm getting the same sort of error, but with a completely different dll (squawkbox.dll). And it never used to do that. One thing though, I only get a fatal error but not a BSOD.I'm also getting an error that appeared today which is that I can't turn a single knob in the cockpit. Until I can fix this last problem, I can't fly...
Sad to hear that you are having problems too. Maybe PMDG can offer some insight since this is revolving around one of their DLLs.

Ethan,Just because our dll is named doesn't mean it's the actual cause of the crash, it just means that was what was in memory when the crash occured - if you're getting a BSOD then Evgeny above is correct, nothing in FSX can directly cause that - it's something going on with a driver most likely. Try updating all your drivers - mobo chipset, video, sound etc and see what happens.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

well I have had this issue with my pmdgsound.dll persistently....I have now attempted to deinstall my FSDT DFW airport, as it's the latest I installed since the crash, but I had been flying for more than a year before that with out such errorswacko.gifRyan I have yet to resolve this issue...

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Sad to hear that you are having problems too. Maybe PMDG can offer some insight since this is revolving around one of their DLLs.
Are you OCing? Do you have a heat issue? As mentioned these are usually caused by other failures.

Thanks Ryan, I will see if there are any updates. Now that I think about it I haven't updated in a while. I don't know if this helps, but the BSOD cited nv4.dll(?) one of the times. If I'm not mistaken, tha would be the driver for my GPU no? I couldn't read the BSOD the second time, but it was different than the first.

Are you OCing? Do you have a heat issue? As mentioned these are usually caused by other failures.
I OC'd my chipset, but nothing else. Heat is fine.