Sign in to follow this  
shuoxing

An advice related to inflight failure for 737NGX

Hi,I'm sure that the upcoming 737NGX will have the capability to simulate various kinds of failures. However, I have some concerns related to the failure rate that can be set. According to previous experience, for PMDG products such as 744X, the lowest rate of failure can be set is 1 out of 10 hours. Which can be good for someone who expects a significant chance of failure during his/her flight. But this rate is far too high compare to that in the reality especially for some major failures such as engine flame-out.Personally, I prefer flying without a lot of failures but still be prepared for something that can happen. So, I hope in the upcoming PMDG products such as 737NGX, we will be able to set lower failure rate like 1 out 500 hours or so. I think this should not be complicated to program.Thanks a lot and looking forward to the final release.Howie Wong

That would be great! How does the failure logic in the 747 work if I may ask? Do you have to save your flight every time to keep the "failure clock" running?Kind Regards,Daniel Verhaal

The failure system on the NGX is entirely new and programmed from the ground up - it's not the same system that was in older PMDG planes.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It'd be great if wear and tear is simulated, and you could see the effect in reduced performance or even visible signs.

The failure system on the NGX is entirely new and programmed from the ground up - it's not the same system that was in older PMDG planes.
That will be really nice!

Looks like PMDG is bringing a revolution to their softwares. They are remodelling everything. The NGX will point the beggining of a new era.

Matheus Mafra

Looks like PMDG is bringing a revolution to their softwares. They are remodelling everything. The NGX will point the beggining of a new era.
That's exactly what it is - absolutely nothing is being held over from previous products - this is all new from the ground up.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

That's exactly what it is - absolutely nothing is being held over from previous products - this is all new from the ground up.
Thats great news, just what everyone wanted to hear.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator