Sign in to follow this  
Spawntscuk1

MD11 Freezes During Airac Loading screen

HiI recently updated the airac cycle for the PMDG MD11 Aircraft. Since then the aircraft will not load. I load a flight with the default cessna in the 2d panel then switch to one of the MD11 aircrafts and get the message about fs freezing whilst the airac cyle is loaded. But it never loads the airac and just freezes fs. Is there anyway to revert to the original airac that came with the aircraft or do I need to uninstall then reinstall the aircraft?Many Thanks Jason

HiI recently updated the airac cycle for the PMDG MD11 Aircraft. Since then the aircraft will not load. I load a flight with the default cessna in the 2d panel then switch to one of the MD11 aircrafts and get the message about fs freezing whilst the airac cyle is loaded. But it never loads the airac and just freezes fs. Is there anyway to revert to the original airac that came with the aircraft or do I need to uninstall then reinstall the aircraft?Many Thanks Jason
Unfortunatelly, I can't help you with the AIRAC problem, but it is not advisable to load another plane, especially the default ones, before loading any third-party aircraft.

Matheus Mafra

Well never had problems before loading any PMDG Aircraft this way. It seems that since I updated the airac that this problem started to occur. I think the airac has been corrupted or something along those lines.

Mmm this gets wierder by the minute. Decided to Uninstall FSCrew and it fixed the issue I was having with the loading of the aircraft. What I want to know is how can FScrew affect the loading of this plane?

Guest wims
Unfortunatelly, I can't help you with the AIRAC problem, but it is not advisable to load another plane, especially the default ones, before loading any third-party aircraft.
Actually, it IS advisable to load a default plane before an advanced third party aircraft

Mmm this gets wierder by the minute. Decided to Uninstall FSCrew and it fixed the issue I was having with the loading of the aircraft. What I want to know is how can FScrew affect the loading of this plane?
It IS wierd. What FS2Crew has to do with the AIRAC???
Actually, it IS advisable to load a default plane before an advanced third party aircraft
So I guess we read different manuals, because according to what I've read, loading a default plane may inhibit some of the features of the add-on.

Matheus Mafra

It IS wierd. What FS2Crew has to do with the AIRAC???So I guess we read different manuals, because according to what I've read, loading a default plane may inhibit some of the features of the add-on.
Matheus the PMDG manual is very specific in saying that you (we) must NEVER load a PMDG plane directly from the FSX main menu. They say that we must ALWAYS load a free flight with a FSX default plane first, then change time & location and finally load the PMDG plane.As far as I know the same applies to other companies' products as well; however not to all.

This actually is not necessary with PMDG aircraft - it's only required for products that don't run an initialization routine at the start of the panel loading like we do. What you can't do is switch from one complex aircraft (or even a different PMDG livery) to another - that's a flaw in FSX's internals and there's nothing we can do about it. This is also why you shouldn't have a default flight other than the Ultralight/Friday Harbor default - if your default flight is a complex aircraft, that means that aircraft's already loaded when the sim comes up and it can screw up any subsequent complex aircraft you try to load over it, even if you never actually enter the cockpit of your default.I load everything straight from Free Flight myself and then from there load a C&D panel state or whatever.
Matheus the PMDG manual is very specific in saying that you (we) must NEVER load a PMDG plane directly from the FSX main menu. They say that we must ALWAYS load a free flight with a FSX default plane first, then change time & location and finally load the PMDG plane.As far as I know the same applies to other companies' products as well; however not to all.
Actually nowhere does it say this in our manuals.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Eric,Sorry, I accidentally overwrote (edited) your post instead of replying to it - my response to what you said about the J41 manual is this:Actually what the J41 manual says is that you need to first load into the sim before loading a saved flight, such as the tutorial - if you load a J41 saved flight from the UI, it can screw up due to an FSX issue we weren't able to get around. Loading the J41 straight from the UI to do a flight (ie not a saved flight file) is perfectly fine though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com