Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Is there anyone else who has the same issue?

Make sure you turn off AA in the sim itself. FSX can't spontaneously stop paying attention to GPU settings. The code hasn't changed in over a decade...

Kyle Rodgers

Make sure you turn off AA in the sim itself. FSX can't spontaneously stop paying attention to GPU settings. The code hasn't changed in over a decade...

The in-game setting was off so I can't be that. 

I recently did install Prepar3D, maybe that's causing some kind of interference?

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

maybe that's causing some kind of interference?

I don't see how it could.

Did you update your drivers recently?

Kyle Rodgers

Did you update your drivers recently?

Yes, about one week ago. I did check the Inspector settings and they are still the same as before the update.

Yes, about one week ago. I did check the Inspector settings and they are still the same as before the update.

Run the inspector as an admin, find the profile, and then apply the changes. Any time you update the driver, you'll need to update your profile.

Kyle Rodgers

Run the inspector as an admin, find the profile, and then apply the changes. Any time you update the driver, you'll need to update your profile.

I did all of the above but still FSX is not using the Inspector profile. Do you mind sending your profile so I can compare it with my profile?

I did all of the above but still FSX is not using the Inspector profile. Do you mind sending your profile so I can compare it with my profile?

I'm still using the 361 drivers. If you're on a different driver version, it's not going to work.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm still using the 361 drivers. If you're on a different driver version, it's not going to work.

I see, thanks anyway for your help!

I have been trying to sort this problem all weekend with FSX SE and at 9pm last night I had a breakthrough,

if you scroll down the page on this link

http://www.avsim.com/topic/466748-fsx-se-nvidia-inspector-doesnt-override-aa/

On post  #11 when I clicked on that button in Nvidia inspector and tried to add my FSX.exe I got the same message as in post 12 so I looked in the profiles window in Nvidia inspector, there is a profile for "Microsoft Flight Simulator 10" so I put my settings in that (instead of "MS Flight Simulator X")  and what a difference, so not sure how long I have been using the wrong profile but FSX has never looked so good.

This may not work for everybody but it is worth checking the profile is using the correct exe.

Hope you have the same result

Steve

Steve Merriman

Hope you have the same result

Thank you Steve for the detailed explanation but I found what the problem was for me. Apparently my AA flag was set to "Treat any ...". When I set it to "None" to issue was fixed (although this is not the setting you would normally use).

@scandinavian13 do you know why the lights are shining through the panel? 
https://youtu.be/-9vDPkVfTr4

@scandinavian13 do you know why the lights are shining through the panel? 

You using DX10 preview?

Kyle Rodgers

You using DX10 preview?

No, I'm not using the DX10 preview.

No, I'm not using the DX10 preview.

Any light modifications through the likes of REX or other texture/effect mods?

Kyle Rodgers

Any light modifications through the likes of REX or other texture/effect mods?

No, not using any of those. I think it has something to do with NI, before the AA problem I did not have this issue. Luckily this problem isn't so much of a deal as the previous one.

would be nice if the link worked