Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

would be nice if the link worked

This thread is 4 years old. Instead of adding a post complaining about a 4 year old link not working, you could've spent that time on Google getting to any number of websites where you can download it.

Here's one example:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

Kyle Rodgers

i did google it, but i also let you know the link didnt work. Interesting how you replied. Good to know. Cheers.

• Upvote 3

Hey guys, apparently, in the newer versions of nvidia inspector, the profile is no longer MS Flight Simulator X, but Microsoft flight simulator 10. I lost quite some time troubleshooting until i realized this, so i thought i would post it here, maybe if tabs had the chance it would be good editing the original post...

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Greetings all!

Most of the profile the settings in 1.9.7.3 for MS Flight Simulator 10 are different from earlier posts by Ryan. Does anyone have more recent suggested settings?

Regards.

TERRY GALE

UK

TERRY GALE

base leg for 09L/09R EGLL

UK

Does anyone have more recent suggested settings?

P3D  :P

P3D  :P

Yes, would be nice if the guide also included info for P3D....

Additionally, looking at a comment on this page, sure, the thread was *started* 4 years ago, but the OP has been updated a few months ago in Jan...

Hi Ryan,

Yesterday, I lost my mind, and decided to update the driver for my GTX 670 card.  I had v347.52 and downloaded v368.81.  I always look at the details description of the download and virtually never think it will pertain to FSX which is the only "Game" I have.  I just hate, and never, refer to FSX as a game!  So, I installed the new driver knowing it would scramble my shortcuts all over my three monitors, and knowing I would have to install the proper settings through Inspector.  Also, your notice at the top of the Forum Thread  said it was a new update as of Jan 16.  Well, I updated Inspector to the newest version, copied your 8xSQ settings off the forum and figured I was good to go.  I actually read the forum directions, and as I have done for years, typed MS and even "MS" and got two programs having nothing to do with FSX.  I hunted through the list and I did find a bunch of Microsoft programs, Including Flight Simulator 10.  Since I have never heard of 10, I went to bed trying to figure out what to do.  I had opened up my T7, and knew I had to do something.  This morning, I went to my Nividia Control Panel 3D Settings and found the Microsoft Flight Sim games.  There, right after Microsoft Flight Simulator 10 they had added FSX.exe.  Problem solved.  I went back and used the Inspector program.  I did notice that the SLC compatibility bts was listed as 0x02400200 which should reflect 205.  Clicked the Apply button and opened my T7 again to see if it worked-it was just beautiful.  Thanks for the update Ryan and take care, Mike Nicholson

This is an add on to my post above.  This posted on page 42 of this Thread, and I see there is a post up above that points out the MS doesn't work.  When I first had this problem, I went back to this Thread, and I thought all the posts were from back in 2011.  Too bad I didn't go through all 42 pages.  For some strange reason, I thought the newest posts were always at the top.  One suggestion might be to get rid of the the oldest posts and only show the posts for the current update.  Another solution is to put the newest post at the top.  If you are just browsing to see if there is anything of interest to you in a Tread, not too many people are going to browse through 42 pages - That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.  Hang in there Ryan, Mike Nicholson

Since I have never heard of 10, I went to bed trying to figure out what to do.

For future reference:

Flight Simulator 1

Flight Simulator 2

Flight Simulator 3

Flight Simulator 4

Flight Simulator 5

Flight Simulator 5.1

Flight Simulator 95 (FS6)

Flight Simulator 98 (FS6.1)

Flight Simulator 2000 (FS7)

Flight Simulator 2002 (FS8)

Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9)

Flight Simulator X (FS10 - 'X' being the Roman Numeral for 10)

For some strange reason, I thought the newest posts were always at the top.

A forum is meant to have a chronological structure in order to provide context for the commentary. Reading a newer post without having read the post that set the stage for a reply would be confusing. While the likes of Facebook do have a "latest on top" layout, keep in mind that commentary is always in a top-down chronological format, much like this forum: the latest topics are at the top, while the commentary within that topic is chronological.

One suggestion might be to get rid of the the oldest posts and only show the posts for the current update.

That would, in effect, selectively remove context for certain commentary. If a user prefers to skip through items, use the First, Prev, Next, and Last buttons. You can also click on the Date/Time under the person's username when viewing the list of topics. This will automatically place you at the most recent topic.

Kyle Rodgers

Good day all.

I just want to clarify something. I configured NVI per "DX10 How To" manual, everything looks good inside of FSX:

30099274435_3f5c50b4ce_h.jpg

30099274735_2a61f70dc8_b.jpg

but when I start FSX-SE I see rough edges on the aircraft page:

30099273655_f2003e9c25_b.jpg

I wonder if my NVI is not configured completely or if everything looks OK inside FSX then I need not to worry about it.

Thanks for looking. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Rough edges is usually an AA problem. 

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Rough edges is usually an AA problem. 

Rough edges only appear on FSX start window, withing FSX everything looks normal. 

Thanks 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Make sure you're running latest versions of Inspector (1.9.7.6) and Profile Inspector (2.1.2.15)

John Funnell

scap_b777.png  NAX8096.png

I am actually shown 1.9.7.7 even though in download linknsays 1.9.7.6

Also, I believe that the FSX executable file (FSX.exe) is different for FSX:SE

That means that you also would have to configure your NI settings for FSX:SE as well.

<--------------->
Mike Murawski