Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2

PMDG 747 sounds

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2

Would like to know what the sounds are like in the PMDG 747-400.I have the Level D 767 and love the sounds. Are the sounds in the PMDG 747 better than their 737 (not too good)?Daniel

Would like to know what the sounds are like in the PMDG 747-400.I have the Level D 767 and love the sounds. Are the sounds in the PMDG 747 better than their 737 (not too good)?Daniel
In my opinion it's very nice,they even have an update soundpack for the 747. I don't have their 737 so I can't make the comparison.Are you going to buy the PMDG 747 to get the sound onlyBatting%20Eyelashes.gif

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
In my opinion it's very nice,they even have an update soundpack for the 747. I don't have their 737 so I can't make the comparison.Are you going to buy the PMDG 747 to get the sound onlyBatting%20Eyelashes.gif
Paul has told me it should be number 1 on my purchase list for FSX. So.....I checked reviews and behold it is highly recommended. If it is as good as quality as the Level D 767, I definitely want it! I love the PSS 777 (I also have the 757) as it has a weather radar. The sounds in the PSS are not as good, but the T7 is close to real. Would love a slightly more 'wind' sound (like Level D has blowing past the cockpit). And I grew up with Laserdisc before DVD, always said sound was HALF the movie.

The PMDG 747 is glorious in every respect. The only thing I like more is their MD-11, but I'm an MD-11 a really excited user. :( The PMDG 737 is around 7 years old, the fact that it's only just been superceded on my HD by the iFly 737 should tell you that their more recent products are definitely top shelf.Cheers, SLuggy

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
The PMDG 747 is glorious in every respect. The only thing I like more is their MD-11, but I'm an MD-11 a really excited user. :( The PMDG 737 is around 7 years old, the fact that it's only just been superceded on my HD by the iFly 737 should tell you that their more recent products are definitely top shelf.Cheers, SLuggy
Can you record a few seconds of flying sound?

Can you record a few seconds of flying sound?
Don't wanna put down the PMDG default sounds as they are well done, however.... Best thing to do is look on Avsim or Flightsim.com for the RB211 superpack by Dan Sylverston. I've jumpeseated many times on the 744 and that pack is the closest I've come to hearing the real thing in FS.

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
Don't wanna put down the PMDG default sounds as they are well done, however.... Best thing to do is look on Avsim or Flightsim.com for the RB211 superpack by Dan Sylverston. I've jumpeseated many times on the 744 and that pack is the closest I've come to hearing the real thing in FS.
That is why I like the Level D 767 and PSS 777. Both sound REAL.You mean this one?Category: Flight Simulator 2004 - SoundsGeneral Electric CF6 80 Series SoundsetZipDive.png Download.pngFile Description:Finally released due to popular demand. I bring you all the GE CF6-80 series soundset. All exterior sounds in this set were recorded off of countless American 767s, Virgin Atlantic 747-400s, and Cargolux 747-400GEs at very close range for even more realism. The spool-up (which is only true to aircraft with these engines) is 95% authentic and were recorded off of CF6-80 powered aircraft. You will not be dissapointed. Huge file size, I know, but these are very worth it. Please Enjoy. Recomended for use with the Project Opensky 747-400, and any good 767 model you can get your hands on. I'd strongly recomend Sunny Xia's 767, it was my testbed for these sounds. Please Enjoy<br clear="all">Filename:final_ge_767_soundset.zipLicense:FreewareAdded:6th September 2004Downloads:12042Author:Devyn SilversteinSize:56258kbDaniel

oops got the guy's name wrong, same guy but wrong pack. The pack may have been destroyed in the Avsim hack, you could try flightsim.com I would send it to you but I'm away from home on business for month.Regards

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
oops got the guy's name wrong, same guy but wrong pack. The pack may have been destroyed in the Avsim hack, you could try flightsim.com I would send it to you but I'm away from home on business for month.Regards
Thats ok.I tested it out but I didn't hear the engine roar like the Level D 767 has on takeoff. I think nothing comes close to Level D. They have the sound formula (interior) right. A lot of ppl might like exterior sounds but not me. I know the cockpit and the sounds you get.

Thats ok.I tested it out but I didn't hear the engine roar like the Level D 767 has on takeoff. I think nothing comes close to Level D. They have the sound formula (interior) right. A lot of ppl might like exterior sounds but not me. I know the cockpit and the sounds you get.
I guess it depends if you want realsitic sounds or pax cabin sounds, you have the remember the 747 flight deck is very far from the engines, in fact on any aircraft the sound difference is huge depending on if you sit in front or behind the engines. Most sound packs get this completely wrong, you can hardly hear the engines on the flight deck and once your above 200 knots all you can hear is wind and nothing else.

I guess it depends if you want realsitic sounds or pax cabin sounds, you have the remember the 747 flight deck is very far from the engines, in fact on any aircraft the sound difference is huge depending on if you sit in front or behind the engines. Most sound packs get this completely wrong, you can hardly hear the engines on the flight deck and once your above 200 knots all you can hear is wind and nothing else.
I'm not a pilot, but been around long years enough to realize this is very true. I commend all the freeware offerings out there, but too many still stick a turbine at each ear, much like the default 737. In many cases, even if recorded from actual aircraft, the levels are wrong.Imho PMDG got it right with the 744 soundsets - you hear the COCKPIT perspective, with packs and other cockpit sounds most prominent except at high speed, at which point it's those plus mostly wind. Actual engine sounds at all phases are imho realistic for engines that are faaaar away as on a 744. That does not mean you never hear (or feel) those beasts, but they're properly mixed.edit - plugging iFly here as well - very nice soundset, and lots of other goodies. :(

Guest F4PhantomRAAF2
I'm not a pilot, but been around long years enough to realize this is very true. I commend all the freeware offerings out there, but too many still stick a turbine at each ear, much like the default 737. In many cases, even if recorded from actual aircraft, the levels are wrong.Imho PMDG got it right with the 744 soundsets - you hear the COCKPIT perspective, with packs and other cockpit sounds most prominent except at high speed, at which point it's those plus mostly wind. Actual engine sounds at all phases are imho realistic for engines that are faaaar away as on a 744. That does not mean you never hear (or feel) those beasts, but they're properly mixed.edit - plugging iFly here as well - very nice soundset, and lots of other goodies. :(
Cheers for the responses. The last thing you want in a sim package is to feel like you are sitting on the wing right on top of the engines. Not very realistic.So that Ifly is the 737 or the freeware 747?

Cheers for the responses. The last thing you want in a sim package is to feel like you are sitting on the wing right on top of the engines. Not very realistic.So that Ifly is the 737 or the freeware 747?
iFly 737 I bet,one of the hottest package these days :( Quite expensive to my pocket though :(

So that Ifly is the 737 or the freeware 747?
Yes

iFly 737 I bet,one of the hottest package these days :( Quite expensive to my pocket though :(
Yup - 737, and yup a little pricey, but trust me the sheer value for money cannot be beat. You get the entire 737NG line, including all BBJs, plus first class, responsive support from hardworking Steve Masson and the iFly 'A' Team, plus a coming free 'feature pack' to add even more goodies/functionality to the already feature rich product line!