Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ecosse_821

Good replacement for Nvidia 8600 GT dual DVI card?

Hi all. I have a Dell Dimension 9100 with a PCIe NVidia 8600 GT dual DVI video card that has gone bad. I need another dual DVI output card that will perform at least as well as this old card. I'm a little confused about the different PCIe 1.0 2.0, 2.1 , etc. When I bought this machine there was really only the one PCI Express specification.What should I get and who has it for a good price?Thanks!

Hi all. I have a Dell Dimension 9100 with a PCIe NVidia 8600 GT dual DVI video card that has gone bad. I need another dual DVI output card that will perform at least as well as this old card. I'm a little confused about the different PCIe 1.0 2.0, 2.1 , etc. When I bought this machine there was really only the one PCI Express specification.What should I get and who has it for a good price?Thanks!
If you want a budget card, a 9600GT will outperform your 8600GT andcan be had in a low power version that runs cool. Expect to pay $90.http://www.amazon.com/Zotac-ZT-96TES4P-FDL-SYNERGY-GeForce-256-bit/dp/tech-data/B001RD6576/ref=de_a_smtdIf you live in Canada, send me a PM - I've got an unused card on the shelf.If you want serious FSX performance, a GTX460 is the current $200 card to get,but you need a 450W power supply and an extra empty slot for it to fit.

If you want a budget card, a 9600GT will outperform your 8600GT
A GTS450 is a current technology $130 card that should fit your systemand comes with two DVI connectors.. likely a better choice if budget is not too tight..http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130572

The Nvidia GTX 560 card is due to be released this week. Watch for price drops on the 460. You will probably be able to get one for $150-$175.